Magical of Techno wizard options in these categories

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud
425 Geek Points "There is NO separation between God, & Man" Joseph Campbell

Re: Magical of Techno wizard options in these categories

Unread post by Grandil »

Distance Voice, Magic Pigeon, Comm Rift-Either make a spell or use the one in Rifter 15. Now
for Telepathy-Super Telepathy; you can find in in the mid-range Rifters, Telepathy-booster,
from Phase world, Telepathy-Psymbiote; 20/10 Miles! now that ain't it Invent a psionic, or spell
that'll do the same.
Grandil :roll:
Sometimes a Cigar is just a cigar-Jung to Freud
Feel it- Freud's Cigar, 300 geek points!
Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: 'tis an ill wind that blows no minds, Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar-Jung to Freud

Unread post by Grandil »

Arion wrote:
All Other Names Taken wrote:Looking at it from a technological standpoint working backwards I have been trying to fill in what magical societies would use to cover some basic categories in a all magic or magic heavy society.

radar? long distance?

Long distance communication?

or even short ham radio range 10-50 miles

Some in our group (i.e. my character) use the crystal magic stuff from PFRPG 6 (Island at the Edge of the World), which is really psionics. Wrold wide communication is possible and enables some unique advantages, considering it is faster than alot of magics at that distance.

Not sure how it works, but a shifter uses a communication rift with some TW comm units which cast a magic alarm and distance voice spells to allow him to keep in touch with alot of folks though I am told it is PPE consuming, they are good for emergency evacs and such.

Radar, or even long range sensors are not really covered. Though some can sense things like rifts, ports, etc at a great distance. Maybe a TW conversion device (though that is cheating) or a created spell.

Why not create a spell called Radar-Does the same thing as radar, can track 1/lvl, look up Through the looking glass Nightbane book-Totally useful! Make it ranged, so forth; basically
does the same as radar with all its penalties-Look up the super power for %'s & such. Paste &
Copy, Paste & Copy! :P :? :ok:
Grandil
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Grandil »

Arion wrote:
Grandil wrote:
Arion wrote:
All Other Names Taken wrote:Looking at it from a technological standpoint working backwards I have been trying to fill in what magical societies would use to cover some basic categories in a all magic or magic heavy society.

radar? long distance?

Long distance communication?

or even short ham radio range 10-50 miles

Some in our group (i.e. my character) use the crystal magic stuff from PFRPG 6 (Island at the Edge of the World), which is really psionics. Wrold wide communication is possible and enables some unique advantages, considering it is faster than alot of magics at that distance.

Not sure how it works, but a shifter uses a communication rift with some TW comm units which cast a magic alarm and distance voice spells to allow him to keep in touch with alot of folks though I am told it is PPE consuming, they are good for emergency evacs and such.

Radar, or even long range sensors are not really covered. Though some can sense things like rifts, ports, etc at a great distance. Maybe a TW conversion device (though that is cheating) or a created spell.

Why not create a spell called Radar-Does the same thing as radar, can track 1/lvl, look up Through the looking glass Nightbane book-Totally useful! Make it ranged, so forth; basically
does the same as radar with all its penalties-Look up the super power for %'s & such. Paste &
Copy, Paste & Copy! :P :? :ok:

I do not do much in the way of paying attention to spell stuff, but yea, I heard they can do that. Wish you could do it with psionics.

I guess it so far has been a balancing factor as most magic/psi is out-ranged by tech stuff.

You can use a new skill that I invented Principles of Psionics-70+IQ+5/lvl=% to hash out stuff.
use the guideslines given in Through the glass darkly.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”