MDC Zombies?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hystrix
Champion

MDC Zombies?

Unread post by Hystrix »

I don't recall this being addressed before...

...When an MDC D-Bee, or creature is turned it a Zombie, is it still MDC? If so, how much? By Zombie and am reffering to either the Create Zombie Spell, or the Zombies from Dead Reign.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: MDC Zombies?

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

No. H.P. Zombie, but only certain things can harm it. Limited invulnerability is great.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Supergyro »

It depends on the type of zombie...

In the addled world of RPG's most zombies from SDC humans would be SDC zombies. However, in some cases I could see the opposite.

For example, the 'Worm Zombie" from Wormwood is a corpse animated by hundreds of supernatural MDC worms. It would make sense that these could reinforce an SDC carcass into an MDC structure.
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

The Galactus Kid wrote:No. H.P. Zombie, but only certain things can harm it. Limited invulnerability is great.

True enough. So they'd become SDC/HP like a vampire?
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Depends on the zombie-type for the specifics, but even a zombie of an SDC creature is either largely invulnerable or MDC.
Edit: Plus one relatively vulnerable SDC version, 'Animate and Control Dead' being the weakest moving dead thing, though not technically a zombie it could be mistaken for such.
Last edited by Armorlord on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Hystrix wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:No. H.P. Zombie, but only certain things can harm it. Limited invulnerability is great.

True enough. So they'd become SDC/HP like a vampire?

Exactly..

But with dif vulnerabilities, then the Vampires, but it appears you understand what was ment.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Maybe I should have been more specific.

How about this: What happens when you cast "Create Zombie" on a dead Brodkil?
Rex
Wanderer
Comment: I'm back, I guess

Unread post by Rex »

Hystrix wrote:Maybe I should have been more specific.

In that case I would say you have a MDC zombie. How much MDC it has exactly is entirely up to the GM.
Rex, you are one helluva guy.
-Geronimo
never trust a man's post count... that's only an indication of his ability to write a lot of stuff - Svartalf
GP:5D6+502
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Hystrix wrote:I don't recall this being addressed before...

...When an MDC D-Bee, or creature is turned it a Zombie, is it still MDC? If so, how much? By Zombie and am reffering to either the Create Zombie Spell, or the Zombies from Dead Reign.

Well the Ritual Create Zombie (and Mummy) is stated to only create an SDC creature, even in Rifts. Nothing is mentioned about preforming the ritual on an MDC creature, given that we know the physical laws effecting the body are changed, one of those changes could turn the MDC body into an SDC body. Alternatively its possible that the standard ritual does not work on MDC beings.

Nxla's (sp) essentially creates MDC Zombies out of SDC creatures, but that is a different ritual. It might just come down to needing a specific ritual as opposed to an MDC being to get an MDC Zombie.

Now there is some precedent for MDC creatures remaining MDC when they become a Zombie. The Maxpray Shamblers (Conversion Book 1R, pg165-7). Now there is a difference between the Maxpray version and the Ritual Version(s) in that it occurs naturally for the Maxpray, so may not apply in this case.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

If I were running, I wouldn't allow the spell "Create Zombie" to function on MDC/Supernatural beings.

For the spell "Animate and Control Dead" and its variants, I would make a rough estimation based on the creature's size. If a human skeleton has 100 S.D.C. (or whatever), and a dead rhino-buffalo is roughly ten times the size of a human, then it would have roughly ten times the amount of SDC. I dont think "Animate and Control Dead" is capable of allowing someone to make an army of invincible MDC creatures, seeing as how it's a relatively common spell. But that's just a personal preference to maintain game balance, not something i derived from the rules. Like I said, If i were running.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Only if they're zombie clowns.

8p
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:

If I were running, I wouldn't allow the spell "Create Zombie" to function on MDC/Supernatural beings.

For the spell "Animate and Control Dead" and its variants, I would make a rough estimation based on the creature's size. If a human skeleton has 100 S.D.C. (or whatever), and a dead rhino-buffalo is roughly ten times the size of a human, then it would have roughly ten times the amount of SDC. I dont think "Animate and Control Dead" is capable of allowing someone to make an army of invincible MDC creatures, seeing as how it's a relatively common spell. But that's just a personal preference to maintain game balance, not something i derived from the rules. Like I said, If i were running.

OK, so it simply wouldn't work on a supernatural creatures body. I can live with that.

On the other hand if was using a Death Walker from Rifter #8... :evil grin:*

*damn the fact that smilies don't work from my work computer!
Rex
Wanderer
Comment: I'm back, I guess

Unread post by Rex »

I haven't picked up a Rifts book in almost 5 years, did they finally start using "Game Balance"? Cool. A MDC Zombie Rhino-Buffalo, eh, only if it has cybernetics and a few rail guns strapped on its back. Then it could be decent mount for a 1st lvl PC.

Oh, and Hystrix, this is assuming you won't be using it against my poor psi-stalker. If that is the case then no, under no circumstances can you make MDC zombies.
Rex, you are one helluva guy.
-Geronimo
never trust a man's post count... that's only an indication of his ability to write a lot of stuff - Svartalf
GP:5D6+502
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Rex wrote:I haven't picked up a Rifts book in almost 5 years, did they finally start using "Game Balance"? Cool. A MDC Zombie Rhino-Buffalo, eh, only if it has cybernetics and a few rail guns strapped on its back. Then it could be decent mount for a 1st lvl PC.

Oh, and Hystrix, this is assuming you won't be using it against my poor psi-stalker. If that is the case then no, under no circumstances can you make MDC zombies.

Well, I was gonna have your character get kicked by a Xiticix Leaper and lose all by 5 MDC on your armor... Oh wait, I've done that... Ah good times :D

Seriously though, I have no intention of creating a huge army of MDC zombies to take over the world... really... ;)

Return to “Rifts®”