Let The Sacrifices Begin

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Let The Sacrifices Begin

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Select or create any Town in North or South Dakota as the base of this example. Now, with the refugees along with a few cyber knight and other protectors come to an amazing Town filled with everything anyone could ask for. The refugees are welcomed with open arms and are left to rest a few days.

There are no monster attacks anywhere in the area of this town. The town Elder then summons everyone together and makes a statement: " That as long as they can capture and delivery demons/devvils to the "temple" for sacrifice all the towns worldly means will be provided to them by "The Iron Maiden". Also, you will be doing a greater service by permanently banishing these vile beasts from existance. Do not fear, the Iron Maiden, will provide all Us with the means to catch this creatures (Points his finger at a pile of armor, weapons even a few glowing ones). I know you have been through a lot but for each 1 hunter that goes out for 1 hunt; 100 can stay in this Paradise"

What do you think...Would Cyberknights and fellow (Good) protectors be willing to catch demon/devvil forces for permanent destructive, if it provided a paradise for others??
taalismn
Priest

Re: Let The Sacrifices Begin

Unread post by taalismn »

What's the catch? There's ALWAYS a catch. :bandit:

"I'm not paranoid because I think people are out to get me. I'm paranoid because they ARE out to get me."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Paradise has always got a price! The "Iron Maiden" as they call it is probably a mystic portal to an even more malignant Old One or something!
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

I know a team of retired CS special forces that will do it if the CKs wont
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

This sounds like a great lead in to the Minion War. Perhaps this 'paradise' is a cover operation for one faction (or both)? The Iron Maiden sounds like it could be a manifestion of Lady Rhada.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:What's the catch? There's ALWAYS a catch. :bandit:

"I'm not paranoid because I think people are out to get me. I'm paranoid because they ARE out to get me."

The "Iron Maiden" is a Dark goddess (can be any in disguise or a New one) and Knows the cheat in the Dragons & Gods how to use deific powers with sacrificing demon/devvils...She will make the place a paradise for all that live in "Her" City because she knows in time many will flock to her. Then they will in time pray to Her and the final reason, the demon/devvils are rivals...they want souls and She wants souls!!

She is a little twisted. Willing to give paradise now but when you die... :demon:

But how many refugees are really thinking about later and would most care...after all its just a demon.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Astral Pantheon wrote:
taalismn wrote:What's the catch? There's ALWAYS a catch. :bandit:

The "Iron Maiden" is a Dark goddess (can be any in disguise or a New one) and Knows the cheat in the Dragons & Gods how to use deific powers with sacrificing demon/devvils...She will make the place a paradise for all that live in "Her" City because she knows in time many will flock to her. Then they will in time pray to Her and the final reason, the demon/devvils are rivals...they want souls and She wants souls!!

She is a little twisted. Willing to give paradise now but when you die... :demon:

But how many refugees are really thinking about later and would most care...after all its just a demon.

I like it.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

.Yum.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Astral Pantheon wrote:The "Iron Maiden" is a Dark goddess (can be any in disguise or a New one) and Knows the cheat in the Dragons & Gods how to use deific powers with sacrificing demon/devvils...

Iron Maiden?
Excellent!
:)

Bogus!
:(
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Bill and Ted! Excellent!
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I do not think most Hero types would mind kicking some evil incarnate butt .. so that they could provide for even a handful of beings a perfect paradise .. no matter the "Unknown" cost .. after life ..
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Astral Pantheon wrote:The "Iron Maiden" is a Dark goddess (can be any in disguise or a New one) and Knows the cheat in the Dragons & Gods how to use deific powers with sacrificing demon/devvils...

Iron Maiden?
Excellent!
:)

Bogus!
:(

What more do you want??...the people would get paradise, at least, for a while. Plus you are ridding the Megaverse of demon/devvil but the Iron Maiden would be constantly growing in power.

Lenwen, I agree most Hero types would love to kick some evil butt to provide a paradise for some.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going a step Beyond...as long as a hunters body was returned to the Iron Maiden she would resurrected them free of cost--as long as they continued the hunt and remember Gods can even bring supernatural and Dragons back must pay higher P.P.E. cost. This is two fold: More hunters and the fame of a place that Resurrects its brave warriors even inhumans.

I could see the tiny town growing over time into a large city. Of course, Demons/Devvils would have to go through 3rd parties to try to attack this town....(Adventure Ideas)

Return to “Rifts®”