Rifter 54

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Rifter 54

Unread post by Severus Snape »

In the event you all missed it, Rifter 54 is due out in April. Of course, the most important thing to me is that part 2 of Dawn of a New Era (chapters 4 and 5) will be in the issue. Can't wait!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: Rifter 54

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Cool. Here's hoping it's available before the weekend of April 15th.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Listed at the moment as an April 12th release. Whihc means you probably wont get it by the 15th but hopefully soon after.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
BookWyrm
Champion

If it's at the 'con I'm going to, I'll grab it then. BTW, is there a cover image?
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

NO that I am aware of. Should see one soon though I would imagine.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I like to see it too.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

According to the weekly update on 3/17, the cover art for #54 is by Michael Leonard and is a tribute to the ending of Hammer of the Forge. I cannot wait to see this!
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Severus Snape wrote:According to the weekly update on 3/17, the cover art for #54 is by Michael Leonard and is a tribute to the ending of Hammer of the Forge. I cannot wait to see this!

from latest weekly update

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/Merchant2 ... t_Code=154
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

DBX wrote:
Severus Snape wrote:According to the weekly update on 3/17, the cover art for #54 is by Michael Leonard and is a tribute to the ending of Hammer of the Forge. I cannot wait to see this!

from latest weekly update

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/Merchant2 ... t_Code=154

Hmm.....I think MADMANMIKE has done better work to be honest.

\m/
Severus Snape
Hero

I saw the cover art, and I was rather disappointed. For the ending of such a wonderful and epic story/series, the art leaves much to be desired. I would think the cover would be more appropriate.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Take a look at the cover of any copy of the Rifter you have at hand and compare it to the preview image in the catalog. The Catalog previews do not represent the quality of the final product. An earlier version of the cover can be found in my DeviantArt gallery Here.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
BookWyrm
Champion

Still, I can use it. I know what to look for now when I go shopping at ICON
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MADMANMIKE wrote:Take a look at the cover of any copy of the Rifter you have at hand and compare it to the preview image in the catalog. The Catalog previews do not represent the quality of the final product. An earlier version of the cover can be found in my DeviantArt gallery Here.

I don't know....it's not that it is bad but I still think you have done some better stuff is all.

\m/
MADMANMIKE

There goes Jaymz, master of the complimentary insult...
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Well I am sorry if I think I have seen some of your other stuff that I thought was better.

\m/
Severus Snape
Hero

Mike, I'm not saying that the art isn't good. In fact, it's quite good (you are rather talented, and I suck at drawing). I was just expecting something a little more...epic.
MADMANMIKE

High expectations are a perfect recipe for disappointment. It's the number one reason people walk away from any entertainment dissatisfied.

-Mike
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Erik Larsen once bemouned the clause, 'I liked your earlier stuff better.' I think Larsen called it the statement every artist hates to hear. Congratulations on reaching this milestone moment of your career, Triple-M.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

MADMANMIKE wrote:High expectations are a perfect recipe for disappointment. It's the number one reason people walk away from any entertainment dissatisfied.

-Mike

Thats what I try to tell my missus every night. :erm:

Ok every other night... :-(
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

It have the end of HofF.

Maybe it will tell if ther more stories?

I hope the next one will be a H.U,s story.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

gaby wrote:It have the end of HofF.

Maybe it will tell if ther more stories?

I hope the next one will be a H.U,s story.

No disrespect to you gaby or any of the other HU fans, but if there is going to be a new continuing story (or several smaller stories) I'd want anything but HU. Superhero stories are a dime a dozen right now between comic books, movies, television, magazines and books. Putting one in the Rifter, while nice if well written, would be boring IMO. I'd much rather see stories from Byond the Supernatural, Splicers, Rifts, Systems Failure, or even Dead Reign though I'm not much a fan of zombies. Give us stories that are unique to PB games! That is one of the things which HotF did right.

(And yes, I know that horror, undead, and sci-fi stories similar to all the above named games are out there - but none of them have that unique PB feel to them, nor the sheer market saturation superhero stories have right now. HU has always seemed to me to be the most generic of all of PB's games.)
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Severus Snape
Hero

Agreed. While I am a huge fan of HU, I think the superhero thing is overdone a little bit at the moment. More material for gaming is fine, but I'm not sure about stories for the genre.

Personally, I'd like to see something for Dead Reign or BtS.
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Severus Snape wrote:Personally, I'd like to see something for Dead Reign or BtS.

If I could get my filthy mitts on more time, I'd love to try my hand at short stories or even an ongoing series for Beyond the Supernatural.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
JMHutchins
D-Bee
Comment: Author of the Dark Day Chronicles in the Rifter magazines.

Unread post by JMHutchins »

I don't know about other stories, but I do have part two of my Nightbane Chronicles coming out in this Rifter. I actually wrote the entire series out as a novel originally, but thought they might have a better chance of getting published if they were in short fiction format. I plan to keep submitting the story until they are all published, which given the amount that's been submitted each time will be at least 2-3 years worth of issues.

The stories focus around the events of Dark Day in the city of Pittsburgh and a group of supernatural beings there (including multiple Nightbane, an Athanatos, a Guardian, a Sword Bearer, and coming soon a Vampire and a Werewolf). I'm hoping it'll be as interesting to Nightbane fans as it was for me to write.

As far as HU2 stories, I actually have one ready to go that I'm considering submitting, but I don't know how much fiction the good people at the Rifter will allow in one magazine. I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle. It touches on two of the Palladium worlds, the HU2 Century Station setting as well as an exile from Rifts Atlantis who wants to go back home, even at the cost of turning Earth into a living hell to do so. Yes, it's superhero stuff, but I also think it's a good story.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~Albert Einstein
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Severus Snape wrote:Mike, I'm not saying that the art isn't good. In fact, it's quite good (you are rather talented, and I suck at drawing). I was just expecting something a little more...epic.

jaymz wrote:Well I am sorry if I think I have seen some of your other stuff that I thought was better.

MADMANMIKE wrote:High expectations are a perfect recipe for disappointment. It's the number one reason people walk away from any entertainment dissatisfied.

-Mike

That is a great statement, Mike. Very true.

That said, if have only a couple of minutes ago seen the small teaser picture for the Rifter front cover. And, simply put, I love it. For me it captures my essential first impression and the theme (as much as I followed it) of the HotF perfectly.

Kind regards
Hendrik

PS:
The Dark Elf wrote:

-Mike

Thats what I try to tell my missus every night. :erm:

Ok every other night... :-(

ROTFALMAO!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”