Can algor frost giants become nightbanes?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

Can algor frost giants become nightbanes?

Unread post by SamBell »

If so I wanna make one!!
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Can algor frost giants become nightbanes?

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i don't think there *are* such things in the nightbane setting. unless i'm forgetting something.

if it's rifts, well, that's up to your GM, i suppose, but probably the dark conversions book will have more about that sort of thing.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

No, NB are not "made".

"Can a NB have a frost giant facade?" Is what I think you meant to ask.

No. NB can only have a human facade. This was specifically put into the RDC.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

The Last Darkness wrote:I think theres rules about it in one of the books that says a nightbanes facade can LOOK like any NON-supernatural/creature of magic race.

And I belive that only applies to other Non-Nightbane settings since not looking human in Nightbane will get any character killed.

Now what I think you actualy meant? was can your make a Morphus thats pretty much like a Frost giant. Then yes.

It's in Between the Shadows, I had replied with the relevant text quoted, but the post was removed, despite the fact that significantly larger portions of text get quoted all of the time and are left alone...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

According to Between the shadows if the facade is other then human, it has to meet three things: human sized, not SN or CoM, and have less then 100 SDC in their facade (I am thinking this to be the racial average of the race the facade is shaped as.)

If you have rifts as your canon, then use the RDC, If you think rifts canon is nuts and use the NB books as your canon for NB, then use what is said in the NB MB and NB:BTS.

I for one use my NightSpawn MB as my canon, and use the NB books to supplement it. At the first because of the rubbish things found in RDC; and the rubbish in the NB:SG just adds to the reasons.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Nightbane®”