Another question about a certain pantheon.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

Another question about a certain pantheon.

Unread post by SamBell »

I have always used gods in my games, rarely of course, but a very specific one isn't in any game book or anything. It's Sheogorath from the Elder Scrolls series. He has always been a favourite if mine. But I was courious; what would his attributes/powers be besides the obvious. And if he exists that must mean the other Daedric princes must exist as well. And more then likely the Aedric gods and goddesses as well. So if anyone could help me figure out their powers and abilities and attributes etc. I'd be very happy.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
Jedrious
Adventurer

Re: Another question about a certain pantheon.

Unread post by Jedrious »

Conversion Prohibition Alert
SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

Unread post by SamBell »

Jedrious wrote:Conversion Prohibition Alert

?
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

THAT BEING SAID....

Grab your two God books (if you have them) :
PANTHEONS OF THE MEGAVERSE
DRAGON AND GODS

You got them ?? If so good.

Look at gods such as the Oymplians, Norse, Aztec, etc (PotM), and Egyptian, Northern Gods, etc...

Then Build your Gods to FIT INTO the known Powerlevel of Offical Gods and Pantheons as printed in the books. You might also want to check out the Deevils, Demons, Spirits of Light for your basic "Angel" and "Demon" type levels for characters. "PotM" also has basic Demi-gods and Godlings levels who are minor gods in a Pantheon.

See we cannot give you help Converting other companies versions of characters.
So the best we can do is point you to the Books which allow you do so yourself.

I Hope this advice helps.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

SamBell wrote:

?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104657

Rule#6
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Cailieg wrote:Yea but he is really not converting a piece of game material to Palladium.

He is drawing inspiration from somewhere to be sure, but as I do not see an ES-RPG released in any format aside from play-by-post freebies, I fail to see how it is a conversion.

That said, the replies about matching it up to existing Pantheons is probably his best bet.

Alexis
*smiles*

Edit- To clarify I am aware that he is taking something from a video game rpg. But I stand by it not being a conversion. Shegorath has never been statted, so their is nothing to convert. It is more a matter of, "How I would represent X in Palladium Games Mega Damage Worlds". And regardless of my stance, I will not be attempting to stat it for him, as grey areas are not meant to be trod upon just to test them.
Trust each and every one of us on this, Callieg:

He does NOT want to go there.
Characters from other places in the Omniverse are verboten to convert to Palladium material...even if they don't have RPG-like stats in their own respective universes.

They're pretty lenient in this part of the Forums on many other things....but they WILL drop the ban-hammer on him, or you, or me, or anybody else who goes ahead with trying to introduce other people's persons, places, or things here.

Just sayin.'
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Cailieg wrote:Yea but he is really not converting a piece of game material to Palladium.

He is drawing inspiration from somewhere to be sure, but as I do not see an ES-RPG released in any format aside from play-by-post freebies, I fail to see how it is a conversion.

That said, the replies about matching it up to existing Pantheons is probably his best bet.

Alexis
*smiles*

Edit- To clarify I am aware that he is taking something from a video game rpg. But I stand by it not being a conversion. Shegorath has never been statted, so their is nothing to convert. It is more a matter of, "How I would represent X in Palladium Games Mega Damage Worlds". And regardless of my stance, I will not be attempting to stat it for him, as grey areas are not meant to be trod upon just to test them.

It does not matter if someone else's IP character has stats for not in its original source of origin. Giving it Palladium Stats is the conversion in itself.

Best to point him to the Palladium Books were he can do the conversion himself.
Pantheons of the Megaverse and Dragons & Gods.

I know jack about Elder Scrolls and their characters. Otherwise i could help Sambell out in PMs at least. But i dont, so best I can do is point Sambell to the best PB available for the job.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Rifts®”