More stories!

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Arthemus
Wanderer

More stories!

Unread post by Arthemus »

I think we should make a concerted effort to write up synopsis/narratives of our gaming sessions and post them here. We spend a lot of time clarifying rules and posting our homebrew OCCs/items/spells, but where are the stories? My contribution is in my sig!
Hotrod
Knight

Re: More stories!

Unread post by Hotrod »

It can be difficult to convert gaming sessions into cohesive stories. I heard a few years ago that the original Dragonlance trilogy was based on a gaming campaign. If so, it's probably the best example I've seen. On the other end of the spectrum, reading IM-session logs tend to be tedious and disjointed for the casual reader.

The guys over at A God... Rebuilt have a neat system where the GM rewards players for writing and posting in-character logs and letters describing the group's exploits. That's probably the most compelling presentation of an ongoing campaign I've seen.

My first effort at fiction is linked below; it's not based on any gaming sessions. I don't really play anymore, but writing has become a hobby for me, and Palladium's settings are rich with potential. I've been kicking around an idea for a Fantasy-based story. If it turns into anything interesting, I'll post it.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

I've posted some of the start of my campaign story in my sig as well.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

I'm commenting here because the thread concept is awesome, even though I'm playing in a different setting (TMNT style characters using BTS random adventure generator) Follow the links if you like.

Part 1 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39719&start=100#p2645283

Part 2 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39719&start=100#p2663608

To the OP, "A grand idea! I hope it bears much fruit."
To Hotrod, "I've read every episode of Meyer's Mission. I hope it isn't over"
To Everyone who reads this. "Please enjoy and if you have any comments or questions I'd be glad to receive it."

The Oh So Amazing Nate!
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:I'm commenting here because the thread concept is awesome, even though I'm playing in a different setting (TMNT style characters using BTS random adventure generator) Follow the links if you like.

Part 1 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39719&start=100#p2645283

Part 2 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39719&start=100#p2663608

To the OP, "A grand idea! I hope it bears much fruit."
To Hotrod, "I've read every episode of Meyer's Mission. I hope it isn't over"
To Everyone who reads this. "Please enjoy and if you have any comments or questions I'd be glad to receive it."

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

I can say for sure that your ideas definitely don't fit Fantasy, but fun in the right context.
As someone that is hoping for Meyer's Mission to be published by Palladium- all I hope for is that they publish it- the end should wait until it does.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

zyanitevp wrote:I can say for sure that your ideas definitely don't fit Fantasy, but fun in the right context.

right...I said that at the beginning. Glad you thought they were fun. Thanks for reading.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:To Hotrod, "I've read every episode of Meyer's Mission. I hope it isn't over"

That depends on what you mean.

The overall story I wanted to tell is complete. Any continuation from this point would be a new work; a sequel. I have some ideas, but I haven't developed them because I haven't stopped working on the first story. I've been editing and revising the story since I finished it, hoping to turn it into a publishable manuscript. That process isn't over, though I'm close; it needs at least one more thorough top-to-bottom scrub before I try sending it in.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Hotrod, I guess I mean a continuation.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Nate,

Thanks for the kind words and the enthusiasm to see more. It means a lot to me.

A sequel is definitely a possibility. There's a lot of room for Meyer to explore, face new/old threats, and develop relationships. Although I'm enjoying the editing/polishing process, it isn't as creatively exciting as writing the story was. I've missed that, but I don't want to start the next part of Meyer's story until I can look at the manuscript I've written (and the laughably crude maps I've scrawled for it) and say "Ok, it's done."

In the meantime, I've been pondering trying something more episodic, without a lot of over-arching story lines, using a different character/setting. It would be fun to try my hand at some short stories. Palladium Fantasy offers a nice sandbox for such an approach.

I don't think I'm done with Meyer, but I don't see myself tackling anything new on him until this summer, at the earliest.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

myroto, start a thread and tend to it and see what it grows into. I like reading others adventures as ill happily er borrow the good bits,
Arthemus
Wanderer

Unread post by Arthemus »

As far as the style goes, I'm not picky. Some people prefer to write in character, which I feel requires more skill. I just write a synopsis in past tense. This is great and I can't wait to do some reading. I'm working on updating my thread with tonight's gaming session.

MOAR! MOAR STOREEZ!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”