Level up celebrations?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Level up celebrations?

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

Does anyone have some special way they celebrate when they reach a certain level?

I like to celebrate with music!

Happy levelling to all :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pej7UIkY-Q
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

http://www.kingsofrpg.com For all things RPG!
Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Level up celebrations?

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Dude, is that you in the video?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

What in the world did i just witness? Also, what is a "ding irl"?
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

For most of may chars I celebrate by looking through the spells lists to pick out something. ;)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Ding-IRL.com is about levelling up in real life (IRL). They play RPG's and want people to do the stuff their character do in real life and send posts in. So if you have a longbowman as your character, go learn to use a long bow! If you have a favorite character with hand to hand martial arts, go learn a martial art. Many of you guys have already done a lot of the things your character has. In the states I am sure many of you have WP Rifle, pistol and more! Any soldiers out there will be the ultimate bad asses of the site!

There is a lot of power and adventure in RPG and if people applied some of that adventure to their life then they could experience some awesome things.

So the videos on Ding-IRL up to now have been Pyrokinesis, Telekinesis and Teleportation. Obviously they are there just for fun. Soon we will have our archery certificates and will be uploading the pictures. Gonna learn how to make chain mail armour in the next few weeks and then we gonna go learn Krav Maga!

The real thing we want is other peoples contributions. There are some really cool guys on here that have vast experience and it would be nice if they could in turn inspire others. If this experiment fails then at least we will have had a bit of a laugh.

In the Real Life section there are rules for levelling in real life that are really quite simple. We will see how it goes.
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

The Dark Elf wrote:Dude, is that you in the video?

Yup I am one of the dumb asses in that video lol.

Check out Pyrokinesis for a true display of power :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VISARrsdhc

Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:What in the world did i just witness? Also, what is a "ding irl"?

Check out the site I think you may be stunned. :eek:

The Omnions are kind of extensions of our favourite characters.

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

I have never been to Manchester (except Granada Studios). Now I know why. :erm:

However, I hereby give you enough xp to ding level 2 in disguise.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

The Dark Elf wrote:I have never been to Manchester (except Granada Studios). Now I know why. :erm:

Hahah, that has made me laugh big time! Thanks for the XP :lol:

P.S any XP for our pyrokinesis skills lol?

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Baron mugwort wrote:Ding-IRL.com is about levelling up in real life (IRL). They play RPG's and want people to do the stuff their character do in real life and send posts in.

Hmm the things my characters do..in real life

Earn a double Phd. to time consuming
become a ninja... i'm not japanese
speak japanese...I prefer my horrible japanese accent
retire from Army special forces... I'm to old now to even enlist
become homeless and live on the streets, eating out of the garbage... doesn't sound like fun.

Everything else my players do is a felony. I should probably avoid those things IRL.

I applaud the idea though.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
Baron mugwort wrote:Ding-IRL.com is about levelling up in real life (IRL). They play RPG's and want people to do the stuff their character do in real life and send posts in.

become homeless and live on the streets, eating out of the garbage... doesn't sound like fun.

Everything else my players do is a felony. I should probably avoid those things IRL.

Hahah OK I see you point!!! But I reckon you do share some easier skills with some of your characters. What about a sport skill? A WP skill? How about a wilderness survival skill, you must have been camping? A mechanic skill?

Some of the skills our characters have are fairly mundane e.g. computer operation. Have you ever upgraded the RAM (or whatever) on your PC? That would fall under computer repair or some kind of maintenance! You have far more skills than you may initially think.

Maybe you could run for miles? If so what would your PE be by comparison.

In all I think people, real people, would actually make for really interesting character sheets. Hey at the very worse we could end up with loads of kick ass NPC's lol.

Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:

You could always fudge something too lol.

Here is an example of my telekinesis skills! But we also have the (crude) skill of video editing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C42ns_P9p4M

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Baron mugwort wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:I have never been to Manchester (except Granada Studios). Now I know why. :erm:

No, but Im pretty sure it was you who burnt down the Rovers...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

The Dark Elf wrote:
Baron mugwort wrote:

No, but Im pretty sure it was you who burnt down the Rovers...

:eek: I hope my secret is safe with you!

pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

:lol: Don't be jealous that Manchester United is winning. I lived there for 3 months when I first got there...Then I got smart and moved to Runcorn and I was in process of buying a house with the money that I would be blowing on rent in Manchester when my mother had a mild stroke, so I came back to the states. It will be 6 years in May. I will be going back though this fall.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Man Utd just got 20th league title :D vive la Manchester!!!

SmilingJack
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by SmilingJack »

Group High Fives

Followed by massive revisions to my character sheet when I get home

Honestly I actually assign my character a new title or epithet

Kind of like Tales Of Vesperia for Xbox 360 where you could change and develop titles
~ Love Conquers All ~

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”