Veteran Rifts Player Needs Help!!!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SmilingJack
Megaversal® Ambassador

Veteran Rifts Player Needs Help!!!

Unread post by SmilingJack »

Hi!

I'm a long time Rifts player, I was first introduced to the game by my older brother and now 21 yes later I'm still purchasing new palladium books, RPG dice, and attending weekly adventures

Despite all of this I've kind of hit a roadblock and need some help as to what to do next In the Rifts world

The Books I currently own are:

Rifts ultimate edition
Rifts sourcebook 1
Pantheons of the Megaverse
Coalition War Campaign
Rifts Underseas
Phase World book 1
Madhaven
Rifts Adventure Guide
Palladium Fantasy RPG

I'm totally in love with the coalition and also interested in phase world

Despite my collection as well as having had the opportunity to read through a ton of the world books I'm totally stuck as to where to go next and what books to pursue

If anybody has any insight into what to investigate next, as well as other interesting content I'd be extremely grateful

Thanks so much for all of your help!
~ Love Conquers All ~
Icefalcon
Champion

Re: Veteran Rifts Player Needs Help!!!

Unread post by Icefalcon »

If you like the Coalition, I would go with Coalition Navy (SB4), the entire Siege on Tolkeen Series and Aftermath. For adding enemies of the state, I would go with D-Bees of NA, Conversion Book 1, Dark Conversions, Mercenaries, Merc Ops and Juicer Uprising. From there, I would get the books that expand outwards starting from Coalition territory.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Are you wanting books with adventures or books that expand the setting?

CS Navy or Phase World 2 (Dimension Book 3) would seem like a natural expansion. Me, personally, I would suggest Psyscape or Federation of Magic. The former would be good for both CS characters and bad guys alike, while the latter is a good source of enemies for the CS.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

what kind of game to do you like to play in and/or run?

Rifts is great because it runs the gamut of themes and styles. tell us your perfered style, it's easy to tell you what fits with it best :D

As for new phase world books, Anvil Galaxy and Sourcebook One are the books I get a lot of mileage out of.

Fleets of the three galaxies is awsome and almost vital. it gives fleet structure, rank, and layout for all major factions, stats out other important factions ships like the splurgorth's kittani minions fleet, gives stats for the dominators ships, and most handy of all gives new space magic spells to let wizards and the UWW have more options.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The fleets book is really good and I enjoy it a lot but it is more for background lore than anything most players likely will be handling unless you are playing out a starship enterprise type campaign with the PC's as bridge officers which admittedly could be fun.

Overall the phase world books are all very good and well written.

For more earth based adventures I do highly recommend the CS/tolkeen war series and the federation of magic. That combo opens up both pro CS and anti CS campaign.

One utility book that I can't recommend highly enough though is the book of magic. If you GM at all that thing is a godsend.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Go out of the Rifts Box and get Heros Unlimited2.

Would suggest getting the 'Monsters & Animals' book and the 'Dragons & Gods' book as resource books the you can use across the board. Not just the PF setting.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®”