New Skills

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SmilingJack
Megaversal® Ambassador

New Skills

Unread post by SmilingJack »

Whilst gaming this afternoon, one of our players, An extremely funny and cool female,

proceeded to perform professional wrestling maneuvers in her power armor, as well as in her regular armor

at one point she performed a flying elbow drop, in her Terror trooper armor, as she was dropped from a helicopter, and ended up killing a enemy with this single move

while we were joking around, We thrEw out the idea that we should come up with a professional wrestling skill.

that idea leAd me to think about, what other exciting and interesting skills would be fun to use during an adventure, or were extremely beneficial in crucial situations

if you have any ideas please Post them,as it would be really fun to hear everyone's Thoughts
~ Love Conquers All ~
flatline
Knight

Re: New Skills

Unread post by flatline »

The Palladium skill system is already bloated and schizophrenic. You should be removing skills rather than adding more.

For instance, all of the biological sciences are summed up in a single science skill, but if you want to be proficient with both rifles AND shotguns, that's two separate skills, even though in the real world Biology covers more than you could learn in a single lifetime and being able to hit a target with both a hunting rifle and a shotgun takes maybe a couple hours of practice every couple of months.

Go figure.

At least as of RUE, they no longer make pistols and revolvers separate weapon proficiencies. That was completely ridiculous. Energy pistol is still it's own WP, curiously enough.

Now we just need rifles, energy rifles, shotguns, and sub-machineguns merged into the same skill.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Wrestling Skill + Performance Skill = Professional Wrestling. ;)

If the character has wrestling and performance, I see no reason they couldn't combine them. I mean, that's how the gladiator does it. :D
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

SmilingJack wrote:Whilst gaming this afternoon, one of our players, An extremely funny and cool female,

proceeded to perform professional wrestling maneuvers in her power armor, as well as in her regular armor

at one point she performed a flying elbow drop, in her Terror trooper armor, as she was dropped from a helicopter, and ended up killing a enemy with this single move

while we were joking around, We thrEw out the idea that we should come up with a professional wrestling skill.

that idea leAd me to think about, what other exciting and interesting skills would be fun to use during an adventure, or were extremely beneficial in crucial situations

if you have any ideas please Post them,as it would be really fun to hear everyone's Thoughts

Or you could just go here.. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=107188

rather than start an entirely new thread
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re:

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Akashic Soldier wrote:Wrestling Skill + Performance Skill = Professional Wrestling. ;)

If the character has wrestling and performance, I see no reason they couldn't combine them. I mean, that's how the gladiator does it. :D

nonsense!

you also need acrobatics. those people do backflips and stuff.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Because I feel like promoting my personal interests:

I am working on a pro-wrestling optional ruleset for a potential Rifter article (about 30% complete). This post gives me hope that there is sufficient interest.

I mean not all Pro Wrestlers would qualify as having the current Wrestling or Boxing skills, but it is not just a single skill, nor is it an H2H. It is so much more. Also included will be information about some Rifts and Heroes (I hope) Professional Wrestling Promotions.

There, now I have to finish writing it.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Rifter 3 has an actual HTH Wrestling and Rifter 7 has a HTH Pro Boxing/Pugilism. I think Rifter 7 has a North America Kick Boxing HTH as well. I could have sworn there was a Pro Wrestling one in there somewhere too.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

on the skill thread on heroes unlimited section,I put down rapping & opra singing,what do you think?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
SmilingJack
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by SmilingJack »

abe wrote:on the skill thread on heroes unlimited section,I put down rapping & opra singing,what do you think?

I think that's both awesome and potentially hysterical

I'm going to create a boy band occ or teen pop singer occ

Skills include

Sexual And gender ambiguity: 95%
Appear on the cover of tiger beat magazine :98%
Be a douche: 99% + 100% bonus
Wear Ed hardy : 97%
Create good music -99%
~ Love Conquers All ~

Return to “Rifts®”