What's The Largest Amount Of MDC Damage You've Ever Done

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SmilingJack
Megaversal® Ambassador

What's The Largest Amount Of MDC Damage You've Ever Done

Unread post by SmilingJack »

Maximum Carnage

You're facing down the most megalithic demon from the rifts

An entire CS Battalion stands in front you of ready to wage war

A militia from lazlo stands upon a ley line channeling energy ready to tear down the heavens

And you smile,

And unleash hell!

I want to know what's the most MDC damage you've ever done and how you did it

Be as verbose and Loquacious as you can

I want to hear about you kicking names and taking asses, lol
~ Love Conquers All ~
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: What's The Largest Amount Of MDC Damage You've Ever Done

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

We once barraged a moutian on wormwood with singularity missiles. we didn't even bother rolling for damage. GM said everything died that was on the surface, including an ancient dragon.

Sorry that wasn't particuarlly loquatious, but it wasn't much of a scene. also, beleive it or not, bombing the moutian range into the stone age wasn't even the goal of the session. that was just the distraction.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Aside the "Effectively Unlimited" i got out of a Synchro Cannon once...

Eh...my damages aren't that impressive personally. I do a lot of 40's, 20's...the occasional 100+

Though, when I'm being snarky and prowling around, leaving little presents as i go...well, i've done a few thousand from fusion blocks.

Think my best punch was 58 (also KO'd them). Best melee attack was 265 (leaping, critial attack roll, weapon was x3 vs my target, a demonic magic user, so x5 damage total).

Not very descriptive, but I have time constraints here :P
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Alrik Vas wrote:Aside the "Effectively Unlimited" i got out of a Synchro Cannon once...

Yeah, that's pretty much the highest I've ever gotten as well. :mrgreen:
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

1,000,000 MD to ground zero.
A super-powered character went nova, while two Bursters Super-Fueled the blast.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Killer Cyborg wrote:1,000,000 MD to ground zero.
A super-powered character went nova, while two Bursters Super-Fueled the blast.

Sadly enough, that probablly tops the black hole bomb barrage :lol:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I'm not sure.... how much damage would a Sperm Whale with supersonic flight and APS:Metal do when hitting the ground from a near low earth orbit starting point?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i tend to be conservative with my shots, so the most i've done was about 800 or so with a volley of 4 HEAP short range missiles fired from my veritech pilot's Alpha.. it was in a megaversal campaign and set on rifts earth, that counts right? :)
shot at an enemy mecha (macross II VF), rolled a crit.. !BOOM! one pristine enemy turns into a giant fireball..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Daniel Stoker wrote:I'm not sure.... how much damage would a Sperm Whale with supersonic flight and APS:Metal do when hitting the ground from a near low earth orbit starting point?

Daniel Stoker

"Oh no, not again!"

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

All of it. I killed a universe.

....it had it coming.
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

In a single attack?

Hmm...In my Rifts gaming career, I've probably cast Annihilate half a dozen times or so, so probably in the realm of 600-800MD.

Ignoring Annihilate, the most damage I've probably done in a single attack would have been a burst from a HI-80 Combat Rifle. It's almost certain that at one point or another I rolled the max damage of 90MD.

We were big lovers of fusion blocks, but I don't think any of my characters ever actually set one.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Well not counting RT "destroy everything" class weapon (never got to use anyway). In Macross2 a character took command of one of the human starships (not Macross Cannon, think it was toward the low end scale, been to long) and they way I had it figured would be possible for it alone to take down one of the larger Marduk ships (talking damage in the 10,000s minimum IIRC).

Granted that was a starship, on the more personal level probably in the 100s (not a big fan of large missile volleys).

Edit: In the first RT game I played in, someone (don't think it was me) was responsible for destroying a base by reactivating the self-destruct system. Does that count.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Um. Wow.

OK - I got a crit with a Boom Gun and rolled max damage once. *shrug* Offhand, that's the best I can remember. It made the Full Conversion Borg I shot in the back (sniping) surrender immediately (he fell to his knees with his hands behind his head, not moving, while the rest of his people fought...he figured he was dead if that was a single shot and he fought back).

360MD isn't bad though, given that it was ordinary damage and not crazy stuff.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Meh, i didn't count explosives. Too easy to get massive damage out of them.

Though there was one time I shoved a fusion block into a subdermal cavity of a borg's fleshy covering, then knocked him off the side of a dock into the water. When the block went off, the GM ruled it did triple damage from being underwater and partially inside the target. Rolled max, so 720.

Made a hell of a splash.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

You will have to forgive me, as my stories are going to all be other players in my games, as I about always GM.

Before I learned that multipliers are usually added up by one and not combined (nice, clear rules :) ), many moons ago on Wormwood, an Apoc swung a runesword at an Armoured. Now, if memory serves, it went something like 1D4x10 (sword) x2 (Apoc) x3 (Armoured vulnerability to rune) x2 (natural 20) = 480MDC. Now I am pretty sure the damage would be much different, I don't know if I always just missed the rule about x2+x2 = x3, or if it was just implied because that's how 'other' games systems do it or what, but I am also pretty sure that the Apoc would add his punch damage or PS bonus or something to the hit as well (I am sure that works differently than it used to as well).

When I introduced a group to Rifts some years ago, one of the girls was played a GB pilot. Against a random roll intelligent monster (TW cyborg cross), who had a flaming sword one of the other players wanted, she fired her first shot, a 20, and 170 damage, so 340. Dead monster. "Is the sword still there?" "No."

Lastly, in a recent game (played using the 'classic' rules, RMB + Conversion and Sourcebook 1), although not crazy damage, our resident Juicer finally got to live his 5 attack dream with his JA-11. First attack, full clip burst (E-Clip) 3D6x7. Second attack, full clip burst (cannister) 3D6x7, third attack, reload clip, fourth attack, full clip burst (3D6x7), fifth attack, draw pistol. He was pretty darned proud at his mad Xiticix killing skills.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

My Cyber Knight hit a Master Vampire in the eye with a Millennium Tree Arrow. I was not allowed to roll damage but it would have been 2d6x100+1200x2 hit points.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

I don't get that one, rat_bastard, can you explain those numbers to me?
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Eashamahel wrote:I don't get that one, rat_bastard, can you explain those numbers to me?

Millennium tree weapons to mega damage to vampires, My bow does 2d6, the arrow does +6 damage, the arrowhead was make of millennium tree wood (English herbalist druids OCC can reshape plants like clay, we took a throwing stick and made a dozen arrowheads out of it and mounted them on 12 Oak Scathach arrows (double range, +6 damage, +1 to strike). I also have the Archery mastery and specialization from rifter #30 (by far the best rifter because of article, only go mental comes close.).

So 2d6 + arrow bonus (+6) + skill bonus +6 x2 (critical hit) converted into mega damage on a hit point creature means master vamp went piff.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Alrik Vas
Knight

rat_bastard wrote:
Eashamahel wrote:I don't get that one, rat_bastard, can you explain those numbers to me?

Millennium tree weapons to mega damage to vampires, My bow does 2d6, the arrow does +6 damage, the arrowhead was make of millennium tree wood (English herbalist druids OCC can reshape plants like clay, we took a throwing stick and made a dozen arrowheads out of it and mounted them on 12 Oak Scathach arrows (double range, +6 damage, +1 to strike). I also have the Archery mastery and specialization from rifter #30 (by far the best rifter because of article, only go mental comes close.).

So 2d6 + arrow bonus (+6) + skill bonus +6 x2 (critical hit) converted into mega damage on a hit point creature means master vamp went piff.

/applause

Return to “Rifts®”