Need some idea's

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Re: Need some idea's

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Check out the Elves in Pantheons of the Megaverse. Not only are they neat, nearly on par with Demigods, but they live forever (basically) and no one else is going to think of them. :)

If you don't like them, than let me know and I'll try thinking up something else.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Asgardian High Elf Summoner
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Ninjabunny wrote:AS is talking about AsGuardianh high elves they live for one thousand years with supernatural pe and ps.

Thats them. However, there are a few long-lived guys there that could be interesting. Like the Einheriror. They're nearby that same section of the book. Not sure theyre what youre looking for though. I am going to hit the hay (its 5:37am and I've had a headache all freaking day) but I will sleep on it. I will try to come up with some awesome for ya. :ok:
Last edited by Akashic Soldier on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

I edited my reply after you posted by accident. :P
So read my last post. :lol:
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

Sea Titan.
Doppleganger Warlord
Vampire
One of those 1/2 vampire from Night Bane, Dhampyre?
Chaing-Ku dragon (they are more social)
Ed
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

A human with immorality.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:A human with immorality.

This one. This is what I would suggest.

Toss in a couple more powers, like an Alter Physical Structure (my personal choice would be metal given the circumstances, with Fire being a very close second), or Divine Aura (or both if you could justify an experiment).

All for a "False God" persona.

This just became a new villain......

EDIT: wrong name of the power.
Last edited by Dog_O_War on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

An anarchist succubus or other shape shifting demon.
Dimiegod/godling
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Nightbane is a sweet choice, I would have made the same.
Doppelganger Warlord is interesting to play as well as giving the chance to roleplay historical figures
Mystic china has Reformed demon as well as false pathway of immortality(some are fun)
Mutatn Immortal with a pair of Mnor powers or one major seem workable
In PU2 there is an entire class, with random table, about immortal heroes that has lot of option
If you don't like Mystic China reformed demon there is a version of it in latest HU books armageddon unlimited, the Heroic Hellion.
ALSO worth nothing that ONLY chinese demon turn human increasing levels, other type of demons can reform/redeem but just change their alignment and re-start from level 1 but for the rest they keep their powers(i thinkt here is a Baalrog NPC in one of Minions war series of book...but don't remeber where...that is kind like that)
Fallen Cosmo Knights not necessary have to be evil and can live for very long
Tailored/cursed Magic object can make any class you could choose long lived
True Atlanteans, albeit they are kind of over played and well they do not live THAT long
Wampyr
Dragons
Also, in some form, Crazies(at least those with Immortal brain implants...but again I do not think is perfectly suitable for your idea of character)
That's all i can think of right now
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Well if you go with the Godling from Powers Unlimited 2 you'd be fairly powerful, and the potential for magic, psionics, and/or super-powers.

If you simply go with say a mutant human with a power like Immortality you'd likely want powers like Extraordinary PE and PS or see if you could be a mega-hero version (automatic supernatural PS and select the Immortal Regeneration mega-power, and automatically becomes MDC in environments like Rifts). A super-power like Alter Facial Features and Physical Stature would allow for passing through the ages in a variety of disguises without fear of someone going 'hey wait this same guy seems to show up in historical records across the centuries'.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

If I remember correctly, Nuhr Dwarves also have a pretty extended life span.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

My final proposal is an old soldier, a victim of his own hubris or vice, who is cursed to walk the world eternal and watch all those he comes to know and love wither and die. While he himself remains eternal upon this earth, unable to find peace or rest.

Dragons and Gods wrote:Curse of Immortality
Range: Sight
Duration: Permanent
Cost: 1,000 P.P.E.; no body investment is necessary.
As long as the god is alive, the character bestowed with the curse of immortality cannot die. At the moment the victim is cursed, he will intuitively know it. While this might not seem like much of a curse, since most people think they would like to live for a very long time, it is truly horrible. For one thing, the victim is not immune to any diseases or illnesses, nor does the victim have any special healing powers which means he or she can suffer from any kind of physical disability and pain from injury and disease. Furthermore, the victim will continue to gradually age (roughly one year for every hundred), so the character will eventually look ancient and may accumulate disabilities associated with old age (forgetfulness, physical disorders, etc.). This means that sooner or later, the victim is going to be horribly wounded, disfigured, or completely debilitated and still not be able to die. Sooner or later, the victim is likely to be taken for dead. Unable to move or speak, because of injuries or sheer bodily decay, and buried — alive! Now the victim will still feel the pain of horrible injuries, hunger, thirst and loneliness (we won't get into what happens to a body underground), still not able to die, and know that only the god who performed the curse can relieve the suffering.

He watches his wife grow old and die, then his children, then their children and on and on. Some perish in car accidents, others are killed off. He tries starting a normal human life a few times over while doing his best to navigate the timeless seas of infinity, but everything he loves eventually crumbles to dust and he is left alone. A man. What does he offer the group?

Sure, he won't be a power house like the dragon or the other characters, but he can keep the group grounded and give them the human perspective that the group will eventually come to lose. They'll start thinking of themselves as immortals and gods, lose grip on reality, believe their own hype or stop worrying how their God-like powers affect the little guy... but the old Soldier won't; because he remembers, because he still cares.

But a broken heart is a burden to carry, the faces of those he loves most burned into his mind like names chiseled in a tomb stone and if there is an after life, a heaven where everyone goes when they pass away he will never know it, nor be reunited with them. He'll walk this world forever until he is naught but dust and old bones... and all because of one careless mistake. All because he meddled in the natural order of things when he'd best off left things alone.

This character is obviously inspired by the greatest story ever told. The full episode is available for $1.99 on itunes.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

A few options (some may have been mentioned):
-Robot RCC (maintenance being the main issue to a long life), depending on it is done a separate disguise may be necessary
-Magic Curse/blessing/item
-Super Power (Immortality or Multiple Lives)
-Clone transference
-True Atlanean (it is possible for them to live a thousand years, possibly more from dimensional energies and Prymids)
-Sea Titan (or similar human mutant)
-Blind Warrior Woman/Altera (WB2), off-spring start at 1/2 XP level of mother and they mention some memories are not transferred. So the character might not live long enough to complete, but due to memory transfer...
-become a Vampire (Necromancer way or align with a VI)
-Neo-Human (SA2, combine with access to a Prymid and they could live a long time, maybe not the 3k years you need)
-Transfer into a Golem (Warlock), and wear a disguise
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

If you have Rifter 49, you should use it to make yourself a Dhampir.
Like the Dragon, they get more powerful with age, so it would be fitting if you intend on finding some sort of way of keeping up with him.
Zamion138
Hero

Karsus wrote:Well I got the thumbs up. He said he was somewhat concerned about me falling behind the power curve in later levels. He also said he would prefer that I play a ley line walker to a shifter because of the seemingly inevitable alignment clash usually occurs and clashes with a group averaging around scrupulous. He said something along that line would be fine, use my best judgement. Pick a set of reasonable techno wizard or similar armor and weapon. Start at 4th level and pick some extra spells.

I will say this for this guy, he is prepared. He has an entire 5" binder and extra folders for the campaign he has laid out. He also has a 2" binder full of his premade npc's for the campaign. Also, he seems to be some sort of history buff so it should be interesting to say the least. He has been a gm for about 15 years, mostly D&D, Palladium fantasy, and rifts. I have never played paladium fantasy, so it should be interesting what he will throw at us. He was uncomfortable with the nightbane because he had never played one or ran one.

I think the GM's fooling himself that a group of immortals will keep the same alignment over a couple 1000 years. Baring the miscreant alinements I hate being told you can't be selfish or evil. Its not how the world works its not how scfi/fantasy novels works its almost a solely RPG Phenomenon. Besides I'd rather be in a party of abrents than anarchists , less of my gear would go missing and fewer backstabings even if only verbal and buisness based.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Bah, Aberrants do all that crap too, they just hide it behind condescending bluster. They're still evil. :P
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Zamion138
Hero

Well with a changling you could hide your ultra slow aging from the defic curse if thats route your going, plus it wouldnt be bad to be able to look like the debees and aliens you might meet.

with alinment i always see it as if we all have the same goal what diffrence does it make. I think its a better role playing experence if you have to talk one player out of bloody murder or on the flip side into bloody murder.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

I wouldnt be a practicioner of magic or psychic if you go with the cursed immortal. Its your character, but its more interesting the more normal you are. I'd go for something in the adventurer/scholar category or maybe something unassuming like a CS Grunt or Merc Soldier.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

The Powers Unlimited 2 Immortal Human would be a power upgrade while also keeping your core idea - that of a human cursed with immortality, fated to live while those around him die. I believe there's a powers option for growing your powers over experience, also, and that could definately keep him "in the gane," power-wise. But if you go the route you're planning, I strongly recommend the Wizard magic class from HU2 over the Ley Line Walker.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Also, if you're still collecting ideas to be "on par" with a dradon hatchling that levels up... you could play a first stage Promethian from Phase World. On the lower power side, I've always been a fan of the Phantom R.C.C. from Phase World as well. I know someone mentioned it, but there's still the Fallen Cosmo Knight, spending centuries working towards his redemption and re-empowerment. There's other creatures of magic to consider also, like a Faerie or Sprite. And my last thought in this wall of text is a Lord Magus O.C.C. on a race with a long lifespan, but not quite long enough - they age 1 year for every 5, so that now a 600 year lifespan becomes 3,000.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

I like the idea of a crazy cursed to never age.
I also do not see a shifter as having to go evil any more then any other character, seems like a personal hang up.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

south america 2 has godlings that offer different powers......
Akashic Soldier
Knight

How did everyone in the group of immortals die? :lol:

I have to know!

Return to “Rifts®”