I will Gladly Pay you Teusday for a Dodge Today

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

I will Gladly Pay you Teusday for a Dodge Today

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I remember this being mentioned many times, but I cannot seem to actually find the rule.

Where does it state you can continue to dodge when you are out of actions? Apparently you borrow them from the next melee round.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Prysus
Champion

Re: I will Gladly Pay you Teusday for a Dodge Today

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I know the rule is in Rifts, but not sure about any other settings. Anyways, you can find it in ...

1: RUE; page 342, left column, first complete paragraph (the first is started on the other page, so not that one).

2: RGMG; page 32, right column, in the Simultaneous Attack question and then again in its own question a little further down (both in the same column of the same page). The second one goes into much more detail.

Possibly in other places as well, but those are the two I can find without any effort. Hope that helps. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys to all.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: I will Gladly Pay you Teusday for a Dodge Today

Unread post by Tor »

The statement from Rifts GMG pg 32 which you mentioned (first printed September 2001) was also printed the following month in the FAQ of Rifter 16 (first printed October 2001) on page 19.

As was the part reiterating the 'you can still dodge if out of attacks but penalize them from the next melee' type stuff.

These are useful clarifications, but not necessary, since they clarify rather than add to the existing rules about how SAs work.

The only 'change' here, I think, would be that this might be the first introduction of dodge-borrowing. It was present in RUE (introduced 2005) but I don't recall it being in RMB.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”