Isaac Haemarron: Dwarf, Paladin, Hero!

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Isaac Haemarron: Dwarf, Paladin, Hero!

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

This is the tale of Isaac Haemarron a Dwarven Paladin from the Old Kingdom Mountains.

Unloved and unappreciated by his father Isaac goes out into the world to find himself and to prove his maniacal father wrong.

http://www.ding-irl.com/The-Ballad-of-I ... arron.html

This story is based on the very first game we ever played using the Palladium Fantasy 2nd Edition rules.

Here is a snippet:

How did I end up here?

Knee deep in filth, deep beneath the town in the old sewers, hunting an escaped goblin.

Not the place for the favoured son and heir to the house of Haemarron. The thought of a dwarf of such standing being reduced to such a menial task in such foul conditions would send a cry throughout the whole of the Old Kingdom Mountains. But then I wasn’t the favoured son or the heir, was I? My brother had occupied that role since before my birth. Stronger in both mind and body than my older sibling, I bested him in every challenge our childhood presented, yet my father could never see past our age when it came to his affections. No dwarf can say he pushed themselves harder when it came to physical training, nor attended more to the clergy’s sermons on honour and humility in the eyes of the Warrior Goddess than I. Yet all my efforts were like the stars against the dawns rays when my brother so much as drew breathe. By the time I came of age it was clear there was no glory to be had in the shadow of my brother’s light, so I left the family home, a Paladin on a noble quest to rid the world of evil. Surely this would win my father’s favour.

If he could only see me now…
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

http://www.kingsofrpg.com For all things RPG!
Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
AZ_RUNE
Wanderer
Comment: An amateur practices 'til they get it right, a professional practices 'til they can't get it wrong. - Anon.

Re: Isaac Haemarron: Dwarf, Paladin, Hero!

Unread post by AZ_RUNE »

I like it, nice job!
An amateur practices 'til they get it right, a professional practices 'til they can't get it wrong. - Anon.
View my game based on the Heroic Realm of Regnum from Library of Bletherad at "Regnum, Paradise Lost",or even better, become a fan!! Winner Campaign of the Year 2014!
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Isaac Haemarron: Dwarf, Paladin, Hero!

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

It was such a fun game. I was the gamesmaster and one friend was Haemarron the Dwarf Paladin and my other mate only plays occasionally due to work/distance etc. so he was the wicked Goblin. The hunt/fight was really quite intense but we all had a great time, even my other friend the Ogre who sat in prison for the last part loved it lol.

Anyway AZ_RUNE thanks so much for taking the time to read our tale and thanks so much for leaving a comment :)
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

http://www.kingsofrpg.com For all things RPG!
Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”