What Zombie type is your Priority target?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What Zombie type is your Priority target?

Unread post by gaby »

What Zombie type is your Priority target to get down first.

Is ther a Zombie identify skill in dead regin?
It,s is a skill that allows a person to identify a Zombie types using different ways,telling the defferent between Zombie type.
it takes less time with each increases in levels.
I give this to players that get to level 4 or 5.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Re: What Zombie type is your Priority target?

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

gaby wrote:What Zombie type is your Priority target to get down first.

It,s is a skill that allows a person to identify a Zombie types using different ways,telling the defferent between Zombie type.
it takes less time with each increases in levels.
I give this to players that get to level 4 or 5.

I have to say the one that is really close to me
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Thinker zombie, and its identified as 'the one that is not just charging in and swinging wildly, but instead holding back and !
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Yup, the Lore: Zombie skill in the Dead Reign core book (pg. 77)
The Dragon Has Spoken
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

It depends on who is around. Not including the new types in the supplements (I forget them) and if 1 of each main book type was present I'd probably rank it...

1. Thinkers
2. Fast Attack
3. Flesh Eating
4. Slouchers
5. Pattern
6. Crawlers

I can only remember Tanks/Beauties from CivGone in which case I'd take beauties as my slaves and would want to take out Tanks after Attack and before Flesh (2.5)

I wouldn't kill Mock Zombies, they're too sentient, it's just unethical. We should just worship them and feed them PPE.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

If I could imagine myself as a PC, I would go after the Walking Graves, because I would be just that darn good... :lol:

But seriously: I think that if I were to go after a Walking Grave, I would have to somehow blow it apart at least once (Using something like M72 or M136 LAWs or something else like that), then have other PCs or NPCs go after the heads of blown-off zombies (Mostly crawlers, but some slouchers or smaller amalgamations may appear...) using volley fire. These smaller pieces would be secondary targets (With faster zombies taking the pole position :wink:). Of course, in order to go after a Walking Grave I would have to clear the surrounding area of non-amalgamated zombies before I do so. For this case, this is where zombie priorities similar to the ones previously mentioned come into play.

Anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

whassupman03

P.S.: Sorry for any thread necromancy and editing that is apparent; I didn't think of the initial post format to be bumping, but after I read the rules I decided to add suitable info on the topic. Thank you.
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by CarCrasher »

In situation where I encounter a mob of many types.
1) fast attack/ twin speedsters
2) juggernauts/ parasite juggernauts
3) thinkers/ spare parts thinker
4) walking grave/ multi
5) wormmeat/ bugboys
6) slouchers/ fused
7) crawlers/ trash crawlers
That's pretty much my priority order for groups. Non-mixed groups is closest is priority. The flesh eater, the pretty one, the silent slouchers and the mock to me are more solitary hunters so on an individual level those are pretty prioritized.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

CarCrasher wrote:In situation where I encounter a mob of many types.
1) fast attack/ twin speedsters
2) juggernauts/ parasite juggernauts
3) thinkers/ spare parts thinker
4) walking grave/ multi
5) wormmeat/ bugboys
6) slouchers/ fused
7) crawlers/ trash crawlers
That's pretty much my priority order for groups. Non-mixed groups is closest is priority. The flesh eater, the pretty one, the silent slouchers and the mock to me are more solitary hunters so on an individual level those are pretty prioritized.

I agree - if I were a slayer of zombies (Or in a group of such individuals), I would definitely go for the faster zombies first. They are just too risky to leave alone even for a short time, because they could easily storm the line and wreak havoc on the mission's participants. Personally, if I were specifically hunting amalgamations such as Walking Graves in a solitary manner much like your solitary preferences, I would likely think similarly in terms of which ones to re-kill. Essentially, taking on a Walking Grave (Or worse, a team of them :twisted:) would require plenty of breathing room, because taking them on with a bunch of independent zombies or mobs roaming around the kill zone may prove deadly. :? You could become one of the Creeping Death yourself. As a result, such an ambush requires preparation before you begin to eliminate the Big Ones. :-)

Well that's all I have on the topic right now. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

whassupman03
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

Return to “Dead Reign™”