Business

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

talmor
Wanderer

Business

Unread post by talmor »

I was looking for some character sheets and I was checking out darkguyver's (found here). He has one he called a Rifts Legacy character sheet. On it, there's a section for business--including weekly sales and overheard.

Is this something from darkguyver's home game, or are there official rules for such thing? I'm working on a HU2 campaign, and would love to see what kinds of rules these are.
kaid
Knight

Re: Business

Unread post by kaid »

talmor wrote:I was looking for some character sheets and I was checking out darkguyver's (found here). He has one he called a Rifts Legacy character sheet. On it, there's a section for business--including weekly sales and overheard.

Is this something from darkguyver's home game, or are there official rules for such thing? I'm working on a HU2 campaign, and would love to see what kinds of rules these are.

Rules for something like that show up in rifts black market. If you are a black market character you can have one or more shady business operations that you run manage. They have their weekly costs for upkeep/restocking fees what not and the weekly sales for how much money the business makes in that time. Most weeks you wind up gaining money but most have a chance on a bad week to lose funds.

Be easy enough to roll those rules for other player characters as well.
talmor
Wanderer

Unread post by talmor »

Ah, thanks for the quick reply kaid. Do you know if they fold the rules for businesses into the rules for organizations? I was trying to come up with a quick and dirty way to deal with the costs of operating an organization, as well as expanding it.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

talmor wrote:Ah, thanks for the quick reply kaid. Do you know if they fold the rules for businesses into the rules for organizations? I was trying to come up with a quick and dirty way to deal with the costs of operating an organization, as well as expanding it.

All the black market things are things like weapon store, brothel, gambling den,bar stuff like that. Really no reason you could not work other more legit type businesses into similar templates. I think there were some rules for upgrading your operations to give bigger risks but bigger possible payoffs as well.

Return to “Rifts®”