Weapon Modification

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Oborous
D-Bee

Weapon Modification

Unread post by Oborous »

Based on this thread, I started thinking about all the different sources to modify weapons in Rifts.

I'm trying to see what other options there are to personalize a weapon in Rifts (or Rifts Phase World) that are canon

i.e.
Supernatural Damage Fetish (Rifts Spirit West Pg 89)
Modifying conventional weapons (Rifts Game Master Guide pg 127)
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Re: Weapon Modification

Unread post by rat_bastard »

For Modern Weapons:
Attach a scope for better aimed shots: In innumerable books but RUE, Triax 1 and Merc Opps are your top contenders.
Attach a Laser Sight for better shots and Initiative: Merc Opps
SDC gun Mods like balancing and custom handles: Rifts Australia
Blue Green Laser modification: Merc Ops
Having an operator give it a once over: RUE
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Rifter 51 has official material for Triax that includes a bunch of weapon attachments.
Richardson
Wanderer

Unread post by Richardson »

I could have sworn in Rifts Mercenaries there was a grenade launcher attachment for rifles which could fire a single grenade of any variety....
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Symbiotic Weapon Modification (pg125 WB2), extra damage, unlimited payload, and can teleport to owner's hand when needed.

Psi-Tech/Gizmoteer (WB12/9) for increased performance (Psi-Tech is more limited than the Gizmoteer, at least in the write ups) which includes a range increase for the Psi-Tech (10%), but the Gizmoteer can do much more (though the changes are temp).

Also have TW/Gizmoteer alterations to weapons (meaning w/o necessary background, the weapon could be useless) for better performance.
tsh77769
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tsh77769 »

Remember to keep in mind that some weapons have inherent built in bonuses from light weight, superior balance or superior quality, like some Wilks and Triax weapons. For example, some wilks pistols have a +2 on an aimed shot due to the aforementioned features.

Weapons with a FSE (Forward Sliding E-clip) have a +1 when used with two hands.

In some of the Wilks descriptions, it specifically says that even people without a WP still get the bonus.

Too bad there isn't a Wilks weapon using an FSE.

tsh77769

Return to “Rifts®”