Utterly noob question from a completely uninformed gamer

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SolCannibal
Champion

Utterly noob question from a completely uninformed gamer

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Could the "Engineers" or the alien organisms they are connected to have any sort of relation to Rifts' Genesplicers (from the Mindwerks book)?

Just curious and maybe checking out the terrain to see if i catch a book or two...
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Utterly noob question from a completely uninformed gamer

Unread post by Shark_Force »

could be, but seems very unlikely. the gene splicers use a conventional spaceship as i recall, and don't really make use of bio-technology apart from experimenting on people.
SolCannibal
Champion

Shark_Force wrote:could be, but seems very unlikely. the gene splicers use a conventional spaceship as i recall, and don't really make use of bio-technology apart from experimenting on people.

Yes, but considering they can give people biotech that would turn them into the equivalent of mega-damage juicers, psychic OCCS & etc i wouldn't discount the possibility. But yeah, the splicing from Splicers seems to go in a level even beyond that of Gene-splicers in its directedness and hands-on approach, very good points those.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Could they? Yes.
Do they? No.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
SolCannibal
Champion

Hhhhhhhm, now i'm thinking of the possibility of finding out creatures similar to the ones Engineers are connected to and the kind of effect it might have or not in other settings.

Also, might be a noteworthy parallel or not but i'm thinking a little of the variety of symbiots one may find in the world of Wormwood.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

I do not think they are connected. Splicers is very much a stand alone setting. You could transfer the setting to rifts with no changes, or a house could be rifted to the rifts world.
SolCannibal
Champion

boxee wrote:I do not think they are connected. Splicers is very much a stand alone setting. You could transfer the setting to rifts with no changes, or a house could be rifted to the rifts world.

I don't think they are connected either, considering Palladium seems to have done an effort to keep the setting apart from most of the Megaverse, just toying with ideas.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

I had a minor personality of the machine doing research into quantum field energy and entanglement as a new source of limitless and clean energy that resulted in the creation of a rift to Rifts Earth. House Hel'Brek basically suicided and destroyed the facility after techno-jackers were able to determine that the machine had no idea what had formed the rift or how to duplicate the process. Everyone on the Splicer World believes the house dead. However, the House is alive, though heavily savaged, and unaware that an aspect, IE a lesser copy, of N.E.X.U.S. is active on Rifts Earth and starting to react like A.R.C.H.I.E. 3 to environment creating a new techno-mystic form.

This new N.E.X.U.S. has already begun to 'birth' new mystically active robots. Meanwhile House Hel'Brek is coping with the discovery of mystics and super abilities among mutants. The Coalition of Mystic States is at this time unaware of these powers growing in the west just as they are of each other.

Yeah... I've got a seriously custom universe, but I love it.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
SolCannibal
Champion

Slight001 wrote:I had a minor personality of the machine doing research into quantum field energy and entanglement as a new source of limitless and clean energy that resulted in the creation of a rift to Rifts Earth. House Hel'Brek basically suicided and destroyed the facility after techno-jackers were able to determine that the machine had no idea what had formed the rift or how to duplicate the process. Everyone on the Splicer World believes the house dead. However, the House is alive, though heavily savaged, and unaware that an aspect, IE a lesser copy, of N.E.X.U.S. is active on Rifts Earth and starting to react like A.R.C.H.I.E. 3 to environment creating a new techno-mystic form.

This new N.E.X.U.S. has already begun to 'birth' new mystically active robots. Meanwhile House Hel'Brek is coping with the discovery of mystics and super abilities among mutants. The Coalition of Mystic States is at this time unaware of these powers growing in the west just as they are of each other.

Yeah... I've got a seriously custom universe, but I love it.

Sounds entertaining. but then there's no brew like homebrew. :wink:

Return to “Splicers®”