S.D.C weapons...what again??

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

IronWarrior
D-Bee
Comment: Never give up, never surrender...unless there is food. -stares- Are you gonna eat that?
Location: on the road to Never Never Land or was it Oz. I can never remember.

S.D.C weapons...what again??

Unread post by IronWarrior »

i may have missed them but is there a list of the sdc/mdc of weapons somewhere. with the advent of the Gunfighter and Gunslinger and the oh so wonderful skill of Trick Shooting i was disappointed there were no rules regarding destroying a weapon with a well placed shot. any help would be appreciated.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: S.D.C weapons...what again??

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

GM guide says most MDC weapons have about 5 or 6 for pistols, 10-12 for rifles. I forget how much it says fur heavy weapons, but some of them list MDC in the description.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I do wish they would be more consistant about putting that in weapon stats. It would be a nice way to help things like northern gun vs wilks. In theory the northern gun laser may do a bit less damage but should be more "durable" but they almost never list specific MDC for weapons other than the range listed in the GMG.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

For SDC melee weapons the individualized SDC ratings can be found in the weapon compendiums.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

IronWarrior wrote:i may have missed them but is there a list of the sdc/mdc of weapons somewhere. with the advent of the Gunfighter and Gunslinger and the oh so wonderful skill of Trick Shooting i was disappointed there were no rules regarding destroying a weapon with a well placed shot. any help would be appreciated.

WB5 (Triax and the NGR) and WB8 (Japan) BOTH list the typical MDC of weapons, off hand I'm not sure how they compare to the Rifts:GMG. Of course there might be the occasional exception found in various places (like man-portable Power Armor Weapons).

SDC of SDC weapons though also has generic values, I'm not sure if they are in RUE, but in RMB they had a generic listing for SDC of items, and several weapons are found on it.

In all probability though you likely are not going to destroy the weapon in one shot, but you could knock it out of the target's grip (which seems more likely).
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

If all else fails you can use something similar to the rules for shooting down missiles.
If a missile doesn't have a stated value the default is 25 MDC, regardless of size.
Its not great....but its pretty workable. Just figure out what you think is a fair "base" and figure all guns have that...
...it should work pretty well for most situations.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

eliakon wrote:If all else fails you can use something similar to the rules for shooting down missiles.
If a missile doesn't have a stated value the default is 25 MDC, regardless of size.
Its not great....but its pretty workable. Just figure out what you think is a fair "base" and figure all guns have that...

Wait if a missile does not have a stated value use the max of LRM regardless of size? That seams kind of off, hey look I got a unlisted mini missile that has as much as a lrm. I would like to know where that is written I see it says a missile seldom has more than 25MDC but not use 25 MDC for unknown missiles.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Blue_Lion wrote:
eliakon wrote:If all else fails you can use something similar to the rules for shooting down missiles.

Wait if a missile does not have a stated value use the max of LRM regardless of size? That seams kind of off, hey look I got a unlisted mini missile that has as much as a lrm. I would like to know where that is written I see it says a missile seldom has more than 25MDC but not use 25 MDC for unknown missiles.

RUE page 364 under "Shooting Missiles" it is bullet point #3 "When the MDC of a missile cannot be found, assume it has 25 MDC"
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

eliakon wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

RUE page 364 under "Shooting Missiles" it is bullet point #3 "When the MDC of a missile cannot be found, assume it has 25 MDC"

Odd I do not see it on 364 in my book.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
IronWarrior
D-Bee
Comment: Never give up, never surrender...unless there is food. -stares- Are you gonna eat that?
Location: on the road to Never Never Land or was it Oz. I can never remember.

Unread post by IronWarrior »

Ah...i see i did miss a few things from that hasty speed reading skill. Many thanks for the input.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Blue_Lion wrote:
eliakon wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

Very odd. What edition are you using (I have first edition) Perhaps a Shadow Revision?

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

RUE 2nd ed
I see the text saying that missiles "seldom have more then 25 MDC" on the left side of the page.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Blue_Lion wrote:
eliakon wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

Check the next page (365) beneath the picture. It's easy to overlook because there's only a few lines of text under that pic.

(RUE First Printing, Aug 2005)
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”