Sub-demons (for Shifters)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

crb2099
D-Bee

Sub-demons (for Shifters)

Unread post by crb2099 »

Hello!

Shifters can control two sub-demons for everyone one lesser demon they can control. As such, I'm looking to compile a list of sub-demons that a shifter might call upon. So far I have Gargoyls/Gurgoyls, Brodkil, Japanese Oni, and maybe Deevil hosts (Cryxon and Green Stalkers). What else would count as a sub-demon?

Thanks in advance!
-CRB
darthauthor
Champion

Re: Sub-demons (for Shifters)

Unread post by darthauthor »

Depending on what a subdemon is that can be really useful.

Well, it depends on what a shifter can get a summoned sub-demon to do for them. Fight battles against the Xiticix? The CS? Vampires?

Spy missions?

Does the Shifter have to pay them or does the mission have to be something they want to do?

I'd like to know if a Devlikin? (for give the misspelling if I did)
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

There are a number similar topic posts asking this and it always seems inconclusive. Just google:
sub demons site:palladium-megaverse.com

I'm sure you could glean a list from those previous discussions.
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Now i'm curious about where Shadow Beasts would fit in the scale. Though i don't remember it ever being stated, Grave Ghouls should definitely count imho. Maybe Dybbuks and some other non-Hades/Dyval "infernals" in the Conversion Book too, if no specific qualification is given in the Shifter's OCC info.
narcissus
Explorer

Unread post by narcissus »

There's a summoning chart in DB7. It doesn't list _all_ the demons, but it's fairly comprehensive and classifies what's there into different groupings of lesser/greater.
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

narcissus wrote:There's a summoning chart in DB7. It doesn't list _all_ the demons, but it's fairly comprehensive and classifies what's there into different groupings of lesser/greater.

Indeed, those tables in pages 57-60 of Megaverse Builder should be useful as reference for one to tweak one's game needs alongside the GM.

The "monsters" sub-table - that includes the Brodkill - could be used as a "general sub-demon" table imho, along with the tables for "Gargoyle" and "Undead" [that includes a lot of beings like Dybbuks, grave & dimensional ghouls among others that are NOT really undead AT ALL from what i remember of the books], with maybe some caveat for beings that impose a MA penalty for the Battle of Wills like greater demons such as Gargoyle Lords/Mages, Goqua, Mindolar or Master Vampires among others.

Return to “Rifts®”