W.P. Paired Weapon and Bionic Weapons

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kaughnor
D-Bee

W.P. Paired Weapon and Bionic Weapons

Unread post by Kaughnor »

Hi everyone, I have a quick question on how paired weapons and bionic weapons work. If I have a character with 2 bionic arms with extendable vibro claw weapons from his knuckles, will he benefit from the paired weapon proficiency?

I'm working on crafting a campaign centered around the tundra rangers. My main protagonist is going to be a tundra ranger with two bionic arms with extendable knuckle claws (going for a budget wolverine clone).

He gets paired weapons from commando HtH, would that work with the bionic claws? The proficiency reads that the paired weapons need to be held in each hand...the claws are not held in the hands but extend from the knuckles. Am I over thinking it?

As an aside what if I had a character with paired weapons in power armor. If the power armor had exendable vibro blades in both forearms, could he recieve benefit of paired weapons as well?

Thanks for any input y'all might have.
Mogge
D-Bee

Re: W.P. Paired Weapon and Bionic Weapons

Unread post by Mogge »

Well, the claws are "held in place in the hand-area". :) I think you maybe are overthinking it. The claws seems made for Paired weapons.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

WP Paired Weapons is designed and intended to work with another WP.

In this case that WP would be WP: Knife for claw weapons is in the text (even if they are integrated/not hand-held as examples exist of gauntlet mounted claws in the CS Dog Pack pg259 of RUE, and they date back even older).
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

ShadowLogan wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:53 pm WP Paired Weapons is designed and intended to work with another WP.

In this case that WP would be WP: Knife for claw weapons is in the text (even if they are integrated/not hand-held as examples exist of gauntlet mounted claws in the CS Dog Pack pg259 of RUE, and they date back even older).
Exactly correct!

Saved me some typing.
:-D
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Rifts®”