Rifts: Golden Age Of Man

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

...interesting...submit to the Think tank... :D
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

um

Isnt that Chaos earth?
冠双
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

pretty much, just minus a couple of weeks.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Jefffar wrote:
Drakenred wrote:um

Isnt that Chaos earth?
pretty much, just minus a couple of weeks.
Pretty much Jefffar's "Pretty Much."
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

I wouldn't mind a "Golden Age" Sourcebook for Chaos Earth. What I envision is a bit different from what's listed above in style; while I see it describing the people and technology of the Golden Age of Man, I see it doing so in the context of Chaos Earth: detail the OCCs, equipment, vehicles, etc. that were common in North America just before the Cataclysm (that is, a couple of weeks ago), from the perspective of the survivors who haven't yet had time to adjust to the Cataclysm (read: still have their old OCCs) and who very likely still have remnants of pre-Cataclysm technology handy. Put a focus on those careers that would be most useful in a post-Cataclysm setting (police, military, emergency workers, etc.), but don't go exclusively with them; where the core book provided the CE equivalent of the CS in the form of NEMA and Rise of Magic and Psychic Storm (will) cover CE-era Men of Magic and Psychics respectively, this book would cover the CE-era "Adventurers and Scholars".

Include enough information to let someone play a campaign that begins before the Cataclysm and progresses straight on through it into the ensuing chaos; where other Chaos Earth sourcebooks move the timeline forward a bit at a time, this one would take a single step backward to just before the world stepped into the abyss. While you're at it, this would be the place to provide CE-relevant "career change" rules.

The ability to play a whole campaign set in the Golden Age would still be possible, but as a "fringe benefit" of the book rather than being its primary purpose.

Thoughts?

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”