Carl Macek Interview about Robotech.

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Carl Macek Interview about Robotech.

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Browseing the good ol' Google and I found this Interesting Interview:

heres my Faveriot Questions-

Q: Do you consider the movie to be a part of the timeline of Robotech?

A: I don't consider it to be a part of the timeline of the Robotech era whatsoever. Really, I'd like everybody to forget about Robotech: The Movie; The Untold Story altogether.

Q: Was there any truth to the rumor that there was supposed to have been a series called "Robotech III: The Odyssey?"

A: I did have plans on a third series of Robotech back in its heyday. 'Odyssey' was supposed to have been a series which tied together all of the story elements of the previous 2 series. Particularly, 'Odyssey' was to have picked up where Robotech and The Sentinels end, with the disappearance of the SDF-3.

(Ed Note: Unfortunately due to time constraints he did not go into detail concerning the content of the Odyssey series, but he did say that it was supposed to be the largest of the 3 series. In fact, if you were to add up all the episodes of Robotech I, II and III; you should get 260 episodes in all. That would allow for a 30 minute episode of Robotech to occur every weekday for an entire year!)

Also, I wanted to have a big plot 'gotcha' for 'Odyssey' by portraying Lynn Minmei as the mother of Zor. By doing this Minmei would become the focal point in the entire series, in essence making Minmei the mother-creator of Robotech.

Q: With Minmei becoming Zor's mother, does this imply that the crew of the SDF-3 become the Robotech Masters?

A: Absolutely not. The timeline wouldn't work like that. The Masters are a different part of the puzzle.

Q: Then is there some other fate that awaits Rick, Lisa, Max, Miriya, Vince and Jean?

A: (Chuckles) I guess we'll have to wait for the release of Odyssey to find that out.

Thank goodness Odyeeey will never happen.

Several participants of The Robotech Echo and alt.tv.Robotech made the assertion that the Exo Squad series may have been incorporated with the Robotech universe (or vice-versa). This assertion was made because Playmates Toys is marketing the Robotech line of mecha under the Exo Squad line.

Q: Have you been told or otherwise approached concerning the possibility of tying together Exo Squad and Robotech?

A: I have absolutely no knowledge of a plot tie in of Exo Squad and Robotech, and I do not endorse one. The only part that I acknowledge is the fact that Robotech is being sold as part of the Exo Squad toy line.

The More I read about him... the More of a Loon he becomes.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Google my Frioend, google has everything you need.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
RainOfSteel
Champion

Re: Carl Macek Interview about Robotech.

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Carl Macek wrote:Q: With Minmei becoming Zor's mother

:nuke: :shock: :eek: :erm:

<as I run off into the untamed mountains, wear ragged clothes, and become a hermit>
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”