Which would you rather play?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fat_Ninja
D-Bee
Comment: Quando omni flunkus moritati

Which would you rather play?

Unread post by Fat_Ninja »

So I'm already working on next year's convention games (not getting caught like last summer), and I'm curious what the majority of people posting would prefer to play.

I went with Invid Invasion last time to open things up to just about any mecha/OCC combination, then made it a low powered game with only one (or two?) Cyclones available.

So I guess this is a two part survey-

What RT era would you rather play in?

What kind of power levels would you prefer to play?

Remember that I'm talking about a 4-hour, one-shot game at a convention and probably playing with people you've never met before in your life. And I am including Macross II, just 'cuz I dig it.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Since I won't be conventional take mine witha grain of salt too . . .

Macross era Robotech usually does the thing for me. Just make sure it's for an all destroid or all veritech capable group.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

I'm lost, What Con is this for?
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I perfer to play in the malcontent uprisings time period. No previoius plot line to total distroy with what happens in the game. And while most of the mecha are the old style, there can be a scatering of new mecha from southern cross and the Sentanls.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I like the Invid Invasion myself. for a good gaming ideas use Return of the Masters Or the APC for Macross and Ghost Ship has the proto type Mecha for the southerncross.

I like mid level Games myself, but if you are only doing a one shot game then the players would proable be excited to have an action packed hard hitting game where they can brag to thier friends later.

But i have yet to make a convention so my opion like those before me only goes so far. I thought they discontunied the RPG. Are they still supporting it at convetions?
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Well, if the Con is one i can make, I'd like to Play a Instrumecha Player.

I'd Play a Moody Goth-wanna-be, Who Tottaly Wales on the Guitar while Slaying enemy Mecha!!!!

ROCK OUT WITH YOUR SOCKS OUT!!!
*Plays a Ripping Note, and Slaughters Hundreds of Whaling Fans*

or Maybe an ASC era setting Dealing with the Masters Attacks on Moon base Luna/Aluce or Mars base... Like being a group of Space Coprs guys who try to warn earth about the Masters.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Invid Invasion/sentinels era is my vote but since I have never been to a con my vote like others can be taken for a grain of sand
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

My vote: a Macross game VTs and Destroids :D.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

I won't be going to any conventions in the next year either, but given the choice, I would go with Macross or Macross II.
Fat_Ninja
D-Bee
Comment: Quando omni flunkus moritati

Unread post by Fat_Ninja »

I thought I'd bump this back up to the top with a little update....

Looks like I'm already going to start working on what games and adventures I'm going to run for Origins. Unlike last year, I'd like to be a little more prepared....lol.

It's sad when you show up to run 4 games and forget all the characters, notes, and even a book at home.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Macross II definatly. I've been wanting to play an emulator I rolled up for a while :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

in rough order:

Third Invid war/invid invasion
Macross saga
Macross 2 (always wanted to try it out.)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Master Sage
I love those Hovertanks
i also liked the Master's Bioroids too...they had a nice look.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”