Alpha Bonus?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

WarBossMorgrum

Alpha Bonus?

Unread post by WarBossMorgrum »

Hello, I just stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and have been catching up. I just bought most of the Robotech books from ebay and am trying to get a game started. I realise that the books are chocked full of errors and weirdness, but I think I can make them work.

Anyway, I was reading Invid Invasion yesterday, and I notice that the Alpha doesn't have a strike bonus written anywhere. Under General Equipment a Targeting Computer and a Laser Targeting Mechanism are mentioned, and the book even says "...[the system] accounts for the Alpha's high strike bonus." What bonus? I can't find one listed anywhere. If I'm blind, please, point me to it. Otherwise, does anyone have a suggestion as to what it should be?
WarBossMorgrum

Unread post by WarBossMorgrum »

I didn't think that was the bonus it referred to. I was looking at the Cyclone that actually says in the description of it's targeting computer that it receives a (+1? +2? don't have the book on me) bonus to strike. Oh well, thanks for the clarification Zerebus.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Alpha Bonus?

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

WarBossMorgrum wrote:Hello, I just stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and have been catching up. I just bought most of the Robotech books from ebay and am trying to get a game started. I realise that the books are chocked full of errors and weirdness, but I think I can make them work.

Anyway, I was reading Invid Invasion yesterday, and I notice that the Alpha doesn't have a strike bonus written anywhere. Under General Equipment a Targeting Computer and a Laser Targeting Mechanism are mentioned, and the book even says "...[the system] accounts for the Alpha's high strike bonus." What bonus? I can't find one listed anywhere. If I'm blind, please, point me to it. Otherwise, does anyone have a suggestion as to what it should be?

They have that in combat section but what they don't have is the Alpha-Alpha link that Rand and Scott (I beleive) did in an early episode. As well as mis labeling the forearm cannons on the Beta as missiles and the Alpha thrust intakes on the Beta as LRMs. Then in the REF Field Guide they list the arm joint on the Beta as a hand. They also completly miss the guns on the top of the legs in jet/guardian mode for the Beta. Someone list him the site with the more correct version is.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zerebus wrote:Rand and Rook did the Alpha-Alpha link.

And don't forget the Iota Guns in jet mode!

...nevermind that the very artists for the show forgot about them, too, after making the opening sequence.

Thanks for the correct and what are iota guns? Guns that don't matter one...?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:As well as mis labeling the forearm cannons on the Beta as missiles and the Alpha thrust intakes on the Beta as LRMs. Then in the REF Field Guide they list the arm joint on the Beta as a hand. They also completly miss the guns on the top of the legs in jet/guardian mode for the Beta. Someone list him the site with the more correct version is.

actually, they mistake the optical targeting system for MRM's (that Radome looking thing), made the Alpha exhasts into LRM's, missed the chest SRM launchers (the body had 2 sets. one that folded up, and one where the chest folded down exposing 2 racks of 10.)

they ignored the Arm cannons entirely, dropped the leg cannons and made the ammo hatches SRM launchers.

Rand and Rook did the Alpha-Alpha link.

actually, Rook and Rand performed a Random Missile assualt. (the episode with Dusty Aires.)

the targeting link can be seen in the assualt on the invid mountain fortress, when the alpha's (one with attached beta) combined targeting data to condense a missile barrage on one target. (rather like a C3i computer network in Battletech.)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:As well as mis labeling the forearm cannons on the Beta as missiles and the Alpha thrust intakes on the Beta as LRMs. Then in the REF Field Guide they list the arm joint on the Beta as a hand. They also completly miss the guns on the top of the legs in jet/guardian mode for the Beta. Someone list him the site with the more correct version is.

actually, they mistake the optical targeting system for MRM's (that Radome looking thing), made the Alpha exhasts into LRM's, missed the chest SRM launchers (the body had 2 sets. one that folded up, and one where the chest folded down exposing 2 racks of 10.)

they ignored the Arm cannons entirely, dropped the leg cannons and made the ammo hatches SRM launchers.

Rand and Rook did the Alpha-Alpha link.

actually, Rook and Rand performed a Random Missile assualt. (the episode with Dusty Aires.)

the targeting link can be seen in the assualt on the invid mountain fortress, when the alpha's (one with attached beta) combined targeting data to condense a missile barrage on one target. (rather like a C3i computer network in Battletech.)

Still they missed both capabilities. Just like they missed the Metal Siren's energy pulse. I would have even let that one go if they mentioned that only the prototype had that capability. For that matter they never list the ability of the wheels on the ground Mecha. Then they state that the transport air craft can cary a Monster in it's cargo hold when a monster is to large which is clearly seen when a monster has to be carried by belly cable.

There is the really funny one where the axe does 3lbs. of damage. The MAC II cannons doing 1d6x1000 each.

Oh well that is one a pencil is for.

Heck their are to many errors

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”