What is your most bizarre alternate Robotech campaign?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

My most bizzare alternate campaign was played in 2 parts.

Part 1) The PCs, as a part of the ASC, are charged with restablishing order in a small community in the immedate post Master's War period. The ASC command structure was collapsing around them, save for the remmant that would later order the suicidal defense fo the Quebec Quadrant (which, the PCs, tipped off by a Col Wolfe who had been ignored by the ASC High Command descided not to join in). Their task was complicated by a mixture of High Tech bandits, Anti-UN terrorists and and interference from the EBSIS. A last bunch of rouge Zents, trying to get one last measure of payback for the loss of the Zentraedi Fleet and the defeat of the masters put in an appearance too. Ultimately the Invid arrived and the PCs had to keep thecommunity safe from the aliens. In game terms the campaign went from the first anniversary of the destruction of the RM Mothership until the Battle of Reflex Point.

Part 2) About 3 years later I played a campaign in which the PCs were a team of EBSIS Spetznaz sent in to distabalize the ASC/UEG pressence in a small community . . .

The look on the PC's faces when they realized that their NPC opponents would be the very characters they'd spent a year getting attached to . . .

I guess that's about as bizzare as I've gotten. Another guy tried to GM a campaign that covered the evolution of the RDF and Southern Cross to the UN Spacy of Macross II. It sort of fell apart when he realized how many generations of characters it would require.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Well, about three years ago I finished up playing in an eighteen month game where the GM altered the events surrounding the acquisition and control of the Alien Space Ship. All the players were sent as a part of the first contact team to examine the ship when it landed.

We walked around in it for about 24 hours, trapped in random shifting rooms (ala "Brian McKinney's" novels), and wound up getting "found", but by then 9 years had passed on the outside. We barely had time to get through VT training before the scheduled launch.

When the Zentaedi showed up in pursuit of it, the ship misjumped hundreds of lightyears away, instead of just to Pluto. We had to make many, many jumps (our jump range was limited for one reason or another; and as I recall, one of our first missions was to recover key fold-system parts from a Zentraedi vessel so that we could jump at all). Our course took us through a main sector of Robotech Master's territory, past the Invid, and took us to many alien worlds.

There was combat galore, huge fleet attacks on the SDF-1, narrow escapes, commando missions, diplomatic missions, ancient mysteries (we found a world with ruins that appeared to date from the early era of the pre-Protoculture Masters civilization), moral dilemmas, alliances with the enemy, the adoption of some aliens as allies (getting those living machines on our side was a great trick, especially since some of them became NPC-companions to our PCs, and willingly merged their bodies into our mecha, improving them quite a bit). Oh, and in the first year, we were chasing around a group of anti-Robotechnology terrorists (and a wiley bunch they were, too).

Oh, and technology! As we jumped on our way to Earth, and the months slipped by into years (sometimes it was months between jumps due to battle repairs; which by half-way through got to be pretty severe, we even crash landed on a desolate world for an entire year we were so badly damaged), the ship improved the starting mecha. We went to Supers and on up through a whole list of Veritechs (virtually all of them were eventually available, including all those not included in the games), and on into Veritech version designed by the GM from previous campaigns (but toned down a bit). So we got to fly some pretty impressive mecha around.

It all ended in a climactic five way battle in orbit around the Earth, with the Master's, the Zentraedi, the Invid Regis, our alien allies, and the SDF-1.

What happened? Well, we won, but only sort of. The Earth did burned to a cinder again, but we did manage to get everyone to stop killing each other by the end. That was the objective of the campaign, so that's what I meant by winning.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Angryjack wrote:My Most bizarre one was when the Tagoniclongomerate comes across the UN spacy ...

I'll bite. What's a Tagoniclongomerate?
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

My oddest one involved Robotech, TMNT (all books except the After the Bomb stuff), N&SS, and HU (which was all that was available at the time).

I had a time-line, and I even started re-mapping Zent. ships to make them more human-scale friendly, mainly by dropping ceiling heights from 300' to a mesly 75'... :D

Never had a chance to run it, but it was post bombardment, but with the "orignal" nations re-emerging, as the bombardment was only about 25% of what was listed in the RT books. :D

I was trying to figure out how to add PF (1st) into the mix too... :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Nah, a mod must've come through and deleted his response. He said something earlier in the night.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

This one time I Ignored the RPG's Errors and based the Game of the Show... it was quite intresting.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote: The ASDF (American Space Defence Forces) were able to collect a large number of survivors before the second Zentan wave arrived and set off across the universe, with the aliens in pursuit, to find a place they could start over again in peace. But, of coarse, they will always be hounded.

So, was the ASDF's flagship called Galactica?
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

Here was an idea I had been working on but it feel through due to loss of most of my player group.

10,000 years ago the Tyrolian Empire became locked in a deadly war with a small group of invaders from another galaxy. The invaders where called the Mechanoids. In the beginning the Mechanoids seemed to overwhelm the Tyrolians with their ferocity and insane hatred. It was only through the discovery of Protoculture by Zor and the creation of the Zentraedi Military Force, that the Tyrolians (now the Robotech Masters) were able to defeat this fearsome foe.

Soon after the war with the Mechanoids was over a new conflict began against the race called the Invid (from whom the secrets of Protoculture were stolen) and the conflict with the Mechanoids was quickly forgotten. A research facility that housed some of the captured mechanoids was attacked and the personnel forced to flee with the Invid in pursuit. To insure that none of the Mechanoids escaped capture, they were placed in stasis in the deepest levels of the facility and all records of their existance were wiped out for fear that someone would attempt to use them against the Masters. The facility has remained abandoned all this time waiting for the return of the Robotech Masters.

Now a group of unsuspecting REF Military Personnel have come to the remote outpost in response to a distress call. What they will find when they get there is another story.
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
Justy Ueki

Unread post by Justy Ueki »

Sounds like something I was trying to get started, but mine focused on the SDF-3 defolding into Mechanoid space, right in front of a Mechanoid mothership.
The campaign would also eventually include the Megaroad from Macross history.
My other weird Robotech campaign still hasn't made it out of my head yet, but I want to combine Robotech and Stargate SG-1 in a campaign someday.

-Justy
(go to RDF-HQ.com. I order you to. :D)
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

I once considered running a Super Deformed Sentinels campaign using modified rules from Mekton Z+, but I never really went anywhere with it...

*feels nostalgia for the SDSDF-3*
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Zerebus wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:I once considered running a Super Deformed Sentinels campaign using modified rules from Mekton Z+, but I never really went anywhere with it...

*feels nostalgia for the SDSDF-3*

Taking out battlepods with "bonk" rules?

That and high-speed gibberish talk :D
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”