Hey...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Hey...

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

The thing about Soldier Town got me wondering.

For people in South America, how is it that Scott Bernard was able to put together a team of the whitest white people? I grant you there are more then a few people of Latin descent around, but by and large, most eveyrone looks pretty Causian to me. What are the odds that Rand, Annie and Rook would all be Causian? These three are natives to the area.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like Scott and crew were crusing around the US and Canada, maybe sliding into Mexico then they were moving through south America...
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Hey...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

The Artist Formerly wrote:The thing about Soldier Town got me wondering.

For people in South America, how is it that Scott Bernard was able to put together a team of the whitest white people? I grant you there are more then a few people of Latin descent around, but by and large, most eveyrone looks pretty Causian to me. What are the odds that Rand, Annie and Rook would all be Causian? These three are natives to the area.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like Scott and crew were crusing around the US and Canada, maybe sliding into Mexico then they were moving through south America...

Ummm.. Japanese Artist cant correctly place Florida in the animation... do we really want to require them to Put the correct Enthinic of people in the Area?
but for a in character reason...
I'd seen it as Mostly After the RoD the Racial and cultural Boarders completly Melted... and Theres a Mix of People everywhere... also with the Larg influx of Micron Zents (who all appear Caucasin) in to human society.... more then a couple of Human/Zents half-breeds would happen.(the idea that Dana is the only one is really dumb).
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Wait, if the Zent thing were an issue, wouldn't there be alot of people with odd skin colors, like purple?
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

There are quite a few people in SA of Spanish decent...you know...blonde hair and blue eyes? It's not that strange to see an entire team of white people...

Besides...it's the future...ethnic boundaries had probably blended a bit more than they have now...not to mention the world was a small place...

And maybe the Zents just killed too many of them...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Zerebus wrote:When did they place Florida anywhere in the animation?

http://www.rtsurfer.com/Reflex_Point/PreludetotheAttack_83.jpg
Right there... in that HUGE land mass that is NA & SA

then later in:
http://www.rtsurfer.com/images/Ep15B-BernardsMap_Complete_Small.jpg
and
http://www.rtsurfer.com/images/Maps_2_large.jpg
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:Uh.... maybe the Rain of Death redrew the map?

the second maps have Florida in them... maybe the invid spent the 3 years scot was on planet digging out the Gulf of mexico...
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

The Artist Formerly wrote:Wait, if the Zent thing were an issue, wouldn't there be alot of people with odd skin colors, like purple?

Possibly... but it Depends on Dominate Gene strands and such... being a Half-Zent was a bit of a Stigma... no wonder Dana Dyes her hair.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

I look at it this way: During the 20th Century, North America was the "dominant" world bloc and melting pot of enthic cultures and backgrounds.

After the war with the Robotech Masters, where North America got the heavest shelacking of the whole planet, it's not that hard to imagine civillians streaming off of the continent like rats leaving a sinking ship. South America would be the closest and easiest place to get at from NA, given the ravaged wasteland and total destruction of world infrastructure leftover from the Rain of Death.

So I see SA as becoming the new cultural centre of the Earth in the late 2020s, thus explainging why there's such a diverse ethnicity.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Mike SSN-723 wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

then later in:
and

Wow, thats pretty funn :lol:

Its teh Real reason Team bernard made it to Reflex point... Regis was busy Digging out the Gulf of Mexico... and had no units to spare to fight the Insanity of Team bernard.... Luckly she got Ariel in the group... so she could make them more Sympathetic to her Cause. (really? how long was Ariel with Them? 4-5 months? and never once had a Menstrual cycle? then she gets injured and belled green to even her own Suprise... yeah right, she a good actress.)
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

then later in:
and

You know... when I see those pics, especially the first, I start to wonder if MOSPEADA, like SC, wasn't supposed to take place on another planet, and all Earth references weren't put in by harmony gold?

I did not pay attention to that aspect when I watched it, and admit I'm not quite ready for a second viewing now, so I might be articulating farts...

Could somebody set me straight? please
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”