What did you like about the Palladium Books PRG?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

That there was a RPG for the Robotech universe.

that battlepods could actually survivev a couple hits from a GU-11, and that there was little info on the ASC.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: What did you like about the Palladium Books PRG?

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Terry57x wrote:What did you like about the Palladium Books PRG?

hmmmm... Longs Art work was good.

And What you didn't like about it?

The completer Rapeage of the ASC... the Frequent Errors in all 3 Generations, and The fact Ted Nugent was nto in Lancers Rockers
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Zerebus wrote:What I liked: More or less everything...

What I disliked: ...except the high MDC values of body armor and human scaled mega-damage weaponry. I don't care if Dana took out a bioroid with a laser rifle, and no one with body armor seems to survive true mega-damage attacks in the series.

Annie took a Invid out with snow balls... okay... not really, but it counts as an Assist.
The Series exists w/o a "MD" environment... Light Arms Fire can Take out both a Biodoird and a Invid mecha.... The Blades on the Blo-speior/Saber were just Ceramic Blades...
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Justy Ueki

Unread post by Justy Ueki »

The fact it helped get me into Robotech, and the fact that it helped get me into Robotech.
Take your pick on which is which.

-Justy
(a private with little class)
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

The role-playing game got me into... well... role-playing games.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

The completer Rapeage of the ASC... the Frequent Errors in all 3 Generations, and The fact Ted Nugent was nto in Lancers Rockers

You realize some of Longs art was in error?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I saw Robotech when it was first released in the US. I loved it and tried to find any RPGs for it. The closest I came was Battletech, when they were using RT art for a bunch of their Mechs. I went to a summer camp where I met a guy who also played battletech and I told him why I was interested. He told me there was a RT RPG. When we got back to school, that fall, he introduced me to his friend, that was back in '88. His friend became my best friend and we have been since.

So I love RT: series because it introduced me to my best friend of 15 years.

What I like about the RPG: it is/was a living world that was growing until HG cut it's head off.

What I don't like about RT RPG: errors, Harmony Gold, people who are too nitpicky about the books even though they were continuing the story when HG wouldn't
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

You realize some of Longs art was in error?

do you know i dont give a rat arse>? I Like KL.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I like robotech because iy gave me a way to play in the universe I loved to day dream in.

What i liked least was the lack of revisions, updated to make it fresh and stay up in the RPGs.
though i understand that HG put lots pr road blocks up, i felt the PB guys could have gone through and added some skills and some other back ground stuff, and at least one source book for the Southern Cross era.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”