LETS PLAY ONLINE

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

There are play by post (pbp) and play by email (pbem), plus chat rooms.

Yahoo groups has a lot of the PBEM's; various message boards host pbp's and chat rooms.

Anyway look in the Gamers Looking forum and you can likely find a few.
AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

Openrpg is a good system to use for online Rifts. I've used it before and never had any problems with it. Go to openrpg.com get the 2 python programs and then the openrpg one. It has the chat, a whiteboard, and a dice roller.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I much prefer the play by post servers, RPOL and PlayByWeb, in that order. Each lets the GM set up separate private threads for the players, and the players can select avatars for their characters. RPOL is better, with more interface options and overall a more stable environment, and it has a reliable dicebot.

..If you're starting a Rifts game, I'd be game to join...

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

quester wrote:I've never gamed online before, would it be possible to watch a game to learn how and are the rules and etiquette posted anywhere?

Over at Nexus Nine we have several articles on online gaming you might find helpful.

http://www.nexusnine.net/doc/pbp/index.html
MADMANMIKE

quester wrote:I've never gamed online before, would it be possible to watch a game to learn how and are the rules and etiquette posted anywhere?

..Go to rpol.net and sign on, then go here and request lurker access. I'll sign you on so you can peruse the threads and send me pm's with any questions.

-Mike >8]
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

hey mike, you ever going to get your TOmbs of Gerseidi PFRPG game on RPOL going again?

I was the Ogre Barbarian that kicked ass with dual Zweihanders.
MADMANMIKE

Re: im ready

zeroblitz wrote:hey any one that wants to play juspost in here with ur character brief bio and ur email so ill get back to you and tell you some times and dates okay
my email is Ryan_Redding@hotmail.com
so if your not gonna be here jus email me and ill get back to you aight!

i would like to start this game ASAP so getting back to me quickly will save your spot in my game, because there are only 5 spots...only!
im thinking of having the games held on every tuesday and thursday night around 6pm my time.ummm ill have to gte back to yall with more finner details

..Okay, dude, you should post at the top of your post that you've decided to go with the chat game. Save us reading the rest if we don't play that way. :)

..Grinor, I fully intend to restart the Tombs of Gersidi ASAP. When that might actually be however is still in question...

-Mike <8]

Return to “Rifts®”