VHT vs Inivd Shock Thooper

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: VHT vs Inivd Shock Thooper

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Terry57x wrote:VHT vs Inivd Shock Thooper who wounld win one one one fight?

12 VHT's vs 60 Inivd Shock Thooper's who wounld win?

VHT - normally, until the Shock Troopers are using kamikaze runs :D.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Terry57x wrote:VHT vs Inivd Shock Thooper who wounld win one one one fight?

its one Dead Invid. it loses its best Advantage against ASC Mecha. the PC targeting bonus.

if 12 Survived the initial invasion =p

In a stand up fight the Tanks will Take out all 60 with ease, Depending on Info from the Masters/Musica the ASC would be aware of the Sensor eye weakness, and could easily expolit this weakness, using the EU-gunpod and Battiloid form for maximum mobility veruse the targets.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Ice Dragon wrote:VHT - normally, until the Shock Troopers are using kamikaze runs :D.

Actually, Stormtroopers (what Palladium calls Troopers) and Shocktroopers don't do suicide/ramming runs. They aren't built for it as they are ground mecha for all intents and purposes. Their flight abilities are lower and slower than the Scouts. Its the Scouts that do kamikaze runs.
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Bright tank Pilots who coordinate fire and take advantage of terrain to negate the Shock Trooper's flight advantage will turn the troopers into paste.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

VHT vs Inivd Shock Thooper who wounld win one one one fight?

VHT, no question.

hmm.. tougher. what terrain type? are the invid using the normal swarm type strategy, or did they ambush the VHT's?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

In my experience, a VHT wins in any conflict with Invid Mecha that don't outnumber it, except an RCB.

Again in my experience, unless there is outside interference, RCB vs VHT is a crapshoot (first nat 20 wins).
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Against anything other than a swarm of Armored Scouts using strafing runs, the VHT rolls over pretty much anything the Invid have.

And in a VHT vs RCB, I'd favor the battle to the VHT if it's already in Battloid mode, or if the RCB has already exhausted some of it's missile supply.
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
Ice Dragon wrote:VHT - normally, until the Shock Troopers are using kamikaze runs :D.

Actually, Stormtroopers (what Palladium calls Troopers) and Shocktroopers don't do suicide/ramming runs. They aren't built for it as they are ground mecha for all intents and purposes. Their flight abilities are lower and slower than the Scouts. Its the Scouts that do kamikaze runs.

Has been done by them - see Invid Invasion/M.O.S.P.E.D.A. "The Battle for Reflex Point". It depends on the mission and commander (BRAIN, Stage 5 Invid) for this troopers.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Ice Dragon wrote:Has been done by them - see Invid Invasion/M.O.S.P.E.D.A. "The Battle for Reflex Point".

I know the scene you're refering to in Dark Finale. It has the Shadow Fighter getting hit by a Shocktrooper. I dont think it was a ram as much as a fly-bye swipe/tackle. The Scout and Armoured Scout can build up the speed necessary to go ballistic. That was why they managed to kill an Ikazuchi with ram attacks (it certainly wasn't with their cannons).
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
Ice Dragon wrote:Has been done by them - see Invid Invasion/M.O.S.P.E.D.A. "The Battle for Reflex Point".

I know the scene you're refering to in Dark Finale. It has the Shadow Fighter getting hit by a Shocktrooper. I dont think it was a ram as much as a fly-bye swipe/tackle. The Scout and Armoured Scout can build up the speed necessary to go ballistic. That was why they managed to kill an Ikazuchi with ram attacks (it certainly wasn't with their cannons).

Thats the Same Scene peopel want to use to prove that 40ft Alphas exist...
but The Boostered Scouts do ram attacks.... at like Mach 3...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

There's an easy win for the Shock troopers, by swarming (or bombarding to be more accurate) a single VHT untill it goes down, then the next VHT, and then the next. Of course, there is a neat defense for the VHTs too, the first attacked pilot does nothing but dodge and parry with the old arm shields while the rest of the tanks blow the STs up.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Against a squad, VHT easy.

Endless Earth Invasion Swarm, bye bye VHT
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

Zerebus wrote:
Cyclone wrote:Endless Earth Invasion Swarm, bye bye VHT

Bah. The Southern Cross military planners just didn't play enough Star Craft. There are plenty of ways to set up endlessly destructive kill zones... (I'm joking)

After you bases have been spiked by a death beam, these deadly swarms emerging from within your defense lines? :)
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

Although it pains me to say this, a VHT squad would do wonders with having a few Cyclone Riders around to keep an eye on the close-in support when dealing with an Invid Force of that size.

VHTs are long and medium-range mecha, with only that dinky little 32mm autocannon for close-range support. A few Cyclone Riders dispersed amongst the squad will do wonders of keeping those pesky Invid at bay, where (as Taffy said), that big friggin' gun can put a big friggin' hole into everything.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

I agree thatin close they would get over run and unless they were in battaloid mode they would probably lose a couple of guys.
And Support from cyclones is very good but I prefer a couple of Logans, just for air support.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

The Logans would be good, but a few AGACs would be better. AGACs can loiter indefinitly in helicopter mode, and their manouverability in that mode is second to none.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”