Video game

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Video game

Unread post by Shadowfyr »

Who thinks that they should make a bigger broader video game for Rifts... im think big as in like Xbox 2, and base the style and gameplay sorta like Morrowind. Or something thats similar to that extreme...

I was just thinking that 3d would seem more cool for a Rifts game compared to the 2d 1/2 version for the Ngage...

Thoughts?
You are so huggably evil! :ok: ~ Temporalmage

So, come to a concensus...
Put five people in a room, and you have ten opinions! ~ Borast
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

If they can't make a PC based version why even bother?
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Yea true i was just thinking for a sec.... and PC would definitely be the best option since you can increase ram and updates and etc..

So yea pc.... that can be played either single player or Online (MMORPG)

Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

Shadowfyr wrote:So yea pc.... that can be played either single player or Online (MMORPG)

Something along the lines of neverwinter would be too cool for multiplayers and adventure customization.
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Athos wrote:
Shadowfyr wrote:So yea pc.... that can be played either single player or Online (MMORPG)

Something along the lines of neverwinter would be too cool for multiplayers and adventure customization.

possibly... but i was thinking of components from a lot of different video games

likes jumping... and if your character has jump jets or boots that you can propel...

and stuff like that... but the character view... i was thinking kinda like World of Warcraft... how you can spin the cam around your character and zoom in and out....

man.. i should try and come up with a game document for this.... that'd be cool.. and plus an interesting school project...

Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. I would only buy a console game (specifically PS2 or 3) and the game would have to be frickin' awesome for me to buy it. For example, I think Robotech: Invasion sucks and I will never buy it. I bought Robotech: Battlecry, but only when it got down to $17.00 (the story line was alright, but the game play was repetitive and boring).

The game would definitely have to be an RPG-action-adventure (heavy on the RPG) as all of you have been stating in the previous posts.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

I confess that I had never heard of NGage till I became aware of the Rifts game and initially was a bit disappointed but then realized this might lead to consoles and hopefully computer games down the line.

That is my hope anyways but yes I hope there eventually is a Broader Rifts game.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

The new X-Box, and probably all of the next generation platforms will have the ability to add levels, or chapters as expansion packs as you go.

I would actually like to see Rifts done similar to X-Men: Legends as sort of a fighting/rpg.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

We are talking to certain companies about doing a Rifts game in another format/different platform. But these things take time, and therefore, it's unpredictable as to when. To put it another way: Yeah, we wanna see Rifts on another platform too.

Alex M

P.S.

And I thought it was cool that the people at gamespot.com really liked what they saw of the game. I wasn't sure what they'd think about it.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

The N-Gage will be a limited format, but if the game is good, the chances are something similar will show up on another system. If what we are seeing in the preview about how the classes advance is true, it is definately a goo start.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

K20A2_S wrote:I want a RIFTS game like KILL ZONE/FINAL FANTASY, you can pick diffrent PC's that can go on diffrent routes.

CS Soldier
Mage
Juicer
ect.

Give them choices of where to go ect.

That was apart of the Morrowind idea i had so this way you can choose waht type of OCC,PCC,RCC you wanna be with the ability to customize their appearance a bit.

But of course its not going to be the same fighting system, swing hundreds of times but only hit twice or something to that degree.

sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

i'd like to see ... (listed in probability that someone with more freetime than myself could do a fan-mod to an existing game for...)

1. a battlefield or HL mod... for various battle sims in FPS or 3PS... (granted the magic would be kinda limited... but i've always wanted to fly a SAMAS in combat within a city...

2. RTS gameplay with stuff like Coalition v FoM... Triax v Mindwerks... all that fun stuff...

3. Adventures of Erin Tarn (well, her associates anyways) as a 3rd person platformer like Ratchet and CLank...

4. MMORPG - ChiTown 'burbs... GTA meets Matrix Online...
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

a neverwinter nights style of rpg for pc gets my vote. you can also do all kinds of fps combat games as spinn-offs as well as fps type fighting games etc.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

I want it all!!!
I want a huge MMORPG with all the classes (RCC, OCC/PCC and combos there of), and all the guns, and armor, and magic, and psionics, and all the dimensions, and NB, and N&SS, and PFRPG (imagine that acronym PFMMORPG :shock: ), and HU, and stuff from Rifters, and, and, and,...
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

rugger_can wrote:I don't know, I think it would be very difficulty to recreate a game like rifts in RPG form, heck for the last 20 years they have been trying to port pen and paper RPG's to computer format and they are largely lack luster. (with the possible exception of Neverwinter nights, Morrow, and the new Oblivion). I think rifts would be so hard to give it a good go as there is just SOOO much great stuff there wouldnt be enough room, and it would feel limited. Some day I dream there would be a game that would allow us to experience (in a limited way) the exciting times we have at a session, but I fear that day is far off.

Like I always say your brain is the best graphic's processor.

Nicely put.

But also with the way video game industry is advancing i dont see it becoming a problem in the future.. Plus if it starts to feel too cramped they can do ... once again a morrowind thing... Expansion packs that just keep adding on. so that way each expansion pack can add in different elements of the various ongoing battles (such as CS , FoM, ETC) and even going all the way to add in some Naruni type things as well. This , if strictly bound to pc, has major potential to start as a core game then build on to it with expansion packs.

Such as how we use the Main book as the core and expanded off of that to all the multiple world books and dimension books, including rifters and source books.

AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

Hopefully they'll make a Rifts game on the next XBox with updates downloadable from XBox Live. I like that the first one is a strategy rpg, but I'll never buy an Ngage. It can't fit enough in the game on there, especially to do a Rifts game justice. They should keep all the combat rules etc. the same as in the paper and pencil game. Even to roll up the characters like in Neverwinter. To eventually have an MMORPG would be cool too. People could join different sides, like the CS or federation of magic and try to take the others territory. Or to have that in a RTS game like Command & Conquer.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Re: Video game

Unread post by Danger »

Shadowfyr wrote:Who thinks that they should make a bigger broader video game for Rifts... im think big as in like Xbox 2, and base the style and gameplay sorta like Morrowind. Or something thats similar to that extreme...

I was just thinking that 3d would seem more cool for a Rifts game compared to the 2d 1/2 version for the Ngage...

Thoughts?

Depending on how the game is received on the N-Gage, they might just do that...
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I thought Alex M said that they were already considering it: the negotiations just take time.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Return to “Rifts®”