Another Macross II Movie question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

just buy the Macross II DVD from Manga Entertainment.

it has the whole mini-series.

if you really want to, you can get Macross DYRL in the horrific "austrailian english as a second language" dub here in the states as "clash of the Bionoids" on VHS.

i recommend ordering straight from hong kong the japanese version. your stuck with english subtitles, buts not been hacked to bits, the music and plot is intact, and the detail is tremendously better. plus, its on DVD, with digital stereo sound, and even with the shipping and handling, its actually cheaper than the local VHS.

as for macross Plus, its actually a different universe than both Macross II and robotech, so those are up to you.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

If I remember right it goes this way.

Movie version
Macross: Do You Remember Love? - Macross: Flashback 2012 - Macross II

Series
Macross Zero - Super Dimension Fortress Macross (was made into part one of Robotech) - Macross: Flashback 2012 - Macross Plus - Macross 7

Of those the only ones licensed in the US are Super Dimension Fortress Macross (AnimEigo), Macross II (Manga Entertainment), Macross Plus (Manga Entertainment). There are two versions of Macross Plus a two part DVD of the OVA that has a dub tract and a subtitle only movie version. The movie has some different footage with what most think is a better ending.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”