HtH and Supernatural Strength

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Re: HtH and Supernatural Strength

Unread post by Thinyser »

jeriausx wrote:I was wondering if anyone had though of ways to apply damage given in a HtH: Martial arts skill(i.e. karate strike) to supernatural strengths. I was wondering because if humans can apply combat training to increase the HtH damage shouldn't , say, a Mega Juicier be able to do the same thing?

They do MD with a punch or kick already! Thats pretty damn powerful punch/kick!

The + whatever from strength is only for SDC so it gets dropped, as such training doesn't really matter.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

One of the rifters worked out a conversion for the fancy moves

I want to say #4, but I'm not sure.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

John Kronus wrote:The way our group plays it you can ad your strength damage bonus to your MDC punch for Mega-Juicers and others with supernatural strength.

So 2d6x10 + 45 MD a power punch doesnt bother you? :nh:
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

demos606 wrote:
John Kronus wrote:The way our group plays it you can ad your strength damage bonus to your MDC punch for Mega-Juicers and others with supernatural strength.

So 2d6x10 + 45 MD a power punch doesnt bother you? :nh:

My group has played it this way too and it is fun but the GM would then throw bigger baddies at us and we were always in melee...I think we went 3 sessions without a gun being fired by our group.

As i said in my first post I know the rule is that the + whatever is only SDC but I don't always play it that way.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

I don't add the + whatever, but the different types of strikes could make a difference. Example: a regular punch does 1d4 and a karate punch does 2d4, twice the damage. So someone doing mdc with a punch say 3d6md would do 6d6md from a karate punch. Or for a kick: regular kick = 2d4, karate kick = 2d6. It increased 50%. So someone that does 2d6md from a regular kick does 3d6md from a karate kick.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

AllMightyRCB wrote:I don't add the + whatever, but the different types of strikes could make a difference. Example: a regular punch does 1d4 and a karate punch does 2d4, twice the damage. So someone doing mdc with a punch say 3d6md would do 6d6md from a karate punch. Or for a kick: regular kick = 2d4, karate kick = 2d6. It increased 50%. So someone that does 2d6md from a regular kick does 3d6md from a karate kick.

that would be an OK way to run it too.

Unread post by Guest »

jeriausx wrote:i was just curiuios, bacause im playing a Mystic Kuznya that knows ninjitsu(my GM lets us learn non exclusive japanesse MA), and i doesn't just add to the damage it changes it to, i think 2d4 for a punch or maybe thats the kick

You must have a very liberal GM. Very very liberal.

Just use the SN PS damage chart. The martial arts techniques increase SDC damage because they teach, through repitition, training, and focus, how to do more damage. SN PS isn't influenced by factors such as that, so it shouldn't really change the damage, no matter how you hit. Also, if you're interested in mega-damage martial arts, you should check out the Oni Ninja.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Uhm the SN damage chart is the bonus for the added strength. Adding the other PS damage bonus on top of that is like giving a prize only to people who have allready won the lottery.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: HtH and Supernatural Strength

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

jeriausx wrote:I was wondering if anyone had though of ways to apply damage given in a HtH: Martial arts skill(i.e. karate strike) to supernatural strengths. I was wondering because if humans can apply combat training to increase the HtH damage shouldn't , say, a Mega Juicier be able to do the same thing?

Nope.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Rifts®”