things your characters done

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DBX
Hero

things your characters done

Unread post by DBX »

what are the things that you allow your characters to do that you in real life wouldn't do, even if you could.

like cover yourself in demon ****, so to hide your scent from the conservators chasing you.

your character tests the sewer water due to his super sense Taste ability.

or your dragon player character grabs the nearest CS grunt and uses him as a shield to parry his mates attacks

or the hundred handed picks up your brand new devastator with your player group in it and uses it to bat the deathshead fortress

you use your magical weapon to reverse a curse on an useful npc( who must be kept a life) and you kill him. because you didn't understand the abilities of forementioned weapon. so ****** normal sdc NPC with a magical mdc weapon wasn't a good idea to try and reverse the spell.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

I don't think I have my characters do anything I wouldn't do in RL if I had the ability/powers they have.

Which is actually kind of worrisome if you think about it...

EDIT: my NPC villains on the other hand, often do things I would never consider doing.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Does it have to be a Rifts character? I had this psycho dwarf in Dungeons and Dragons, once... :lol:
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Solothurn wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Solothurn wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Married four women and taken on a mistress. At the same time. It's a good thing he has supernatural endurance.

Better have a high IQ for logistics.
Actually, one of the wives handles all that.

Ah, one of those cultures where a man can take on more than one wife?
Not really, it just sort of happened. He started wanting only one, then she was turned into a designer sex toy and wife number two was added. Then they found out part of the designer sex toy was grafting a nymph into her body. The nymph wound up losing her origional identity and became wife number one. Once they had seperate bodies he was up to three wives. Then he made a living magic who's purpose in life was to love him. Eventually she was added. Now his Ride the Yin Tiger living magic is their mistress. Not bad for a poor boy from Juarez huh.

*Edit* The four wives all look like the origional, who is Mexican. Two are now red headed and one is a blonde (though she's white so she would be seperate from wife one.) Confused yet?

and yet dispite all that.... it's a woman who's none of the above that's carrying his first child :P
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:and yet dispite all that.... it's a woman who's none of the above that's carrying his first child :P
Funny how the two married to sex toys have managed to stray more than the toys themselves.

what do you mean. my gunsliger had the wit never to bother marrying her sex toy
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Qev wrote:Does it have to be a Rifts character? I had this psycho dwarf in Dungeons and Dragons, once... :lol:

Once? I play nothing but psycho dwarves in D&D...

OK, that's not strictly true, I do play other races, but all my dwarves do tend to subscribe to the 'scream and leap' school of warfare.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Kalinda wrote:
Qev wrote:Does it have to be a Rifts character? I had this psycho dwarf in Dungeons and Dragons, once... :lol:

Once? I play nothing but psycho dwarves in D&D...

OK, that's not strictly true, I do play other races, but all my dwarves do tend to subscribe to the 'scream and leap' school of warfare.
I did have a dwarf give birth to a god during a drunken bender. Boy was that some strong booze. He converted to the new god of drinking and fighting too.

you do realize your male dwarf spontaniously spawning a god is wrong on SO many levels, don't you?

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

ah, memories. i had a demon spawn slayer from russia come to north america care of gypsy assisstance. Upon entering a juicer bar not realizing what a juicer was he ended up getting the ire of one juicer who wasn't wearing a shirt and came over to bully him. My character played innocent and then the jucier challenged him to a fight, offering the first hit for free. My character shruged and reached out quickly (pp of 27 due to race and skills) and grabed the tube that lead to his throat collar, and yanking hard (minor sp strength) and ended up ripping it out, spraying drugs everywhere, and breaking his spine at the neck. understandably the rest of the bar was suitably angry with him, while he stood there completely confused at why the guy's 'body jewelery' squirted him.

Return to “Rifts®”