Century Station Date

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AzathothXy
Adventurer

Century Station Date

Unread post by AzathothXy »

What year is it in the Century Station setting? Is it in the books? Cause if it is I've missed it. The only reference I have is from Gramercy Island. Britannia fought in World War2, and is 70 years old. I don't know if that sounds right though.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

The "modern day" - I don't think there is a specific date listed.

Brittania was 18 when she got her powers during the blitz (1940-41). So at the time CS/GI was written, the year would have been the 1992-1993. However, since she is immortal I think you can safely move the date up, making her 83-ish in the modern day (2005).
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I like Britainia a lot.

I took it that Century Station/Gramercy Island were supposed to be current date, or within a few years of the current date at most.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Sentinel wrote:I like Britainia a lot.

I took it that Century Station/Gramercy Island were supposed to be current date, or within a few years of the current date at most.
I always thought is WAS - maybe Bill Coffing got some dates mixed up or something. If she was currently 80 years old, or if she got her powers when she was only 8 the dates would work out perfectly - so maybe the she was only 8 when she got her powers and the "18" was a typo (it mentions her "maturing" at an accelerated rate, but an 18 year old girl is already pretty phyically mature after all....).
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

mainbox wrote:we play CS in the year 2030-2035ish besause of the futureish setting
Ditto. It might actually be closer to 2040; i can't remember when i decided the end of the world* was going to be. But some time around there. :D

*the bomb, the death, the crash, the prang, the flash etc... I use an HU/TMNT/ATB1 universe.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Cardiac wrote:
Sentinel wrote:I like Britainia a lot.

I always thought is WAS - maybe Bill Coffing got some dates mixed up or something. If she was currently 80 years old, or if she got her powers when she was only 8 the dates would work out perfectly - so maybe the she was only 8 when she got her powers and the "18" was a typo (it mentions her "maturing" at an accelerated rate, but an 18 year old girl is already pretty phyically mature after all....).

My guess was that Bill was basing her off the ages of most Golden Age comic characters (like Sub-Mariner, who would be in his early eighties by now).
Of course, the War in Europe began for Britain about a decade before it truly began for us.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”