What should happen next on rifts earth?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which would most interesting to you?

Atlatis attacks
9%
CS civil war
21%
Old ones start waking up
3%
Mechanoids invade
3%
CS attacks Lazlo
2%
Xiticix start thier way south
26%
The rifts start closing for good
2%
The moon deactivates the earths outer defences
2%
Emperor Persek dies
17%
Erin Tarn's trail
16%

Total votes: 58

runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

What should happen next on rifts earth?

Unread post by runebeo »

what direction would you like?
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

I went with Xiticix, probably because I have Xiticix on the brain from the Xiticix/Holmes thread, however I could also go with CS civil war.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

grandmaster z0b wrote:I went with Xiticix, probably because I have Xiticix on the brain from the Xiticix/Holmes thread, however I could also go with CS civil war.

How far do u think Xiticix would get to?
grandmaster z0b
Champion

As far as the CS forces holding Tolkeen, depending on how successful the Lazlo Queen strike is/was.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

grandmaster z0b wrote:As far as the CS forces holding Tolkeen, depending on how successful the Lazlo Queen strike is/was.

I think atlantis may aid north america because its the best slave stock and if they get to florida its just a jump over there.
Toc Rat
Hero

Re: What should happen next on rifts earth?

Unread post by Toc Rat »

runebeo wrote:what direction would you like?

I chose Emperor Prosek dies. Then Joe can take the throne. Maybe change some of the stupider, short sighted, self defeating policies.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

warkat wrote:This Post actually had me thinking about the warnings in Sourcebook 2 Pg9. But I would like to see more on Erin.
yup but more of the quick drop and short stop type thing
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
chaserone
Explorer

Unread post by chaserone »

With a war between North America vs Splugorth Atlantis, we all know that the Naruni would get involved with supplying the anti splugorth factions. And would the Sunaj make their move? How bout the Atlanteans who have formed the underground? I could see the Elysariuns, with the help of some barbarian clans, spearheading a counterstrike on the splugorth also.

An invasion force from vampire kingdoms would be interesting, however Ihavent gotten a copy of arzno for further research so I need to get that.

Xiticix would be interesting to see, it reminds me of the Invid invasion in robotech.

A CS civil war would be likely if Joseph Prosek succeeded Karl. As we have seen in alot of the books, Joseph may be the head of propaganda, however, he has been in contact with magic users (IE The Vanguard). If news of that got out, we would definitely have some backlash on him and a nation who would feel betrayed by the very man who heads the propoganda to do away with the evils from the rifts.

What about the Nxla? Does psyscape defeat them or will the nxla get out of hand and become a major player in the troubles of the world?

Mechanoid invasion? Rifts Earth would lose... If it was a small invasion force, maybe we could win, but if the main force came, no contest, Earth couldn't stop the numbers, let alone the destructive capabilities of them...

Maybe the Brodkil and Gargoyles, with the help of the Pheonix Empire, overrun NGR, causing the Free Quebec to be called in for help.

It's interesting because one event could change the course of things all over the planet. With the destruction of Tolkeen, its suprising that there weren't more changes besides the alliance between free quebec and the CS and Naruni trying to gain a favorable market without being noticed.
"Like slicing tomatoes with a sledgehammer"
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Other.

Nxla should emerge and force the entire region to come together to stop him.

:demon:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

yeah right we'll get FOM vs CS part II
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Lets go Bug Hunting. CS Rules
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Cyberwatt wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:yeah right we'll get FOM vs CS part II

Not exactly. It would be more complicated than that. Emperor Prosek may be a magic-hating fascist, but I suspect he has his pragmatic side too. Even Hitler, whom Prosek admires, forged an alliance with Russia (a nation espousing a political system he despised) in order to take pressure off of his eastern front and allow him to focus on the primary threat from the western allies. The Xiticix, with their unmistakably united front, would quite likely be perceived as the greater threat and might force a temporary alliance, which neither power would have the slightest inclination to honor once their mutual foe was vanquished.

Just some thoughts,
CW
Sorry nothing there but hate for each other kidnap a man's wife and kill his baby son, somehow i dont think any alliances will come about

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Cyberwatt wrote: Even Hitler, whom Prosek admires, forged an alliance with Russia (a nation espousing a political system he despised) in order to take pressure off of his eastern front and allow him to focus on the primary threat from the western allies.

Remind me: how'd that alliance end? :)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Would Erin Tarn have a chance of getting off if the people rally behind her? Would her chances improve if Prosek was dead?
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Would Atlantis cut and run if their profits dried up and the CS offered more resistance than expected? How many True Atlantean would show up to help regain their home land?
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

I'd got for the assassination of Karl Prosek (you read that right) so Jojo can step in and make the Coalition even better. This would lead to all sorts of political in-fighting and maybe even a minor shooting skirmish (but I wouldn't call it an out right Civil War). In this time of turmoil while the Coalition's attention is diverted inwards the continent could get a taste of what things would be like if the CS weren't there to keep things under control, hammering home the concepts of the lesser of may evils, and a necessary evil.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

The CS takes on the Xiti--Zee-eye--*gah*--the bug-men of the north & reduces them to "managable" numbers.

The Vampire Intelligences try to push north, only to get slapped hard by the combined forces of some CS forces, magic from the remaining FoM, and some Cyber-Knights. This leads to the 'patching' of the fractured Cyber-Knight factions.

The Mechanoids return, but not just with the latest tech, but a new infiltration & destruction plan. Beware.

Erin Tarn names her successor, then goes into retirement on some far-off paradise world.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

LOL
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Zachary The First wrote:I'd like to see more on Erin Tarn. When Kev mentioned that possible manga, it got the ideas going.

KS mentioned a possible manga with Erin Tarn in it? When and where was this?
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

next in Rifts

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

How about renewed hostilities from the Federation of Magic?With the CS weakened from the Tolkeen war,they might view this as the perfect time to strike. :demon:
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Hannibal
Explorer

Unread post by Hannibal »

I'm surprised by the number of votes for CS Civil War? Now that Free Quebec is out of the picture, and the CS is basking in the victory over Tolkeen, why would there be a civil war? What's such a huge issue for them at the moment that's not just "politics as usual?"

I voted for the Xiticix, but I agree with the poster who pointed out that it's more b/c of the Lazlo and CS actions against them than an acute xiticix onslaught coming southward.

Two other events I would place in my "Rifts World" as bigger metaplot events of consequence would involve the Calgary Rift and some NGR action. Or maybe Myrlyyn finally getting Artur to lead the non-Myrlyyn friendly knoghts on a crusade in France (as one book once suggested was a Myrlyyn-inspired plot). Finally, I see the Coalition definitely participating against the Xiticix, but also working on establishing more border presences in line with their 20-year plan as laid out by Prosek. I really hate to say it, but Kingsdale's gonna' be on the chop block in the next 3 years or so.

Ok, so one final thought... I also see Dunscon pushing really, really hard to unite more of the FOM, and him wanting really really badly to strike the CS while they're recupping from the Tolkeen war, but he'd be too paranoid of Dweomer to actually use all his resources in an assault vs. the CS right now.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
~
~
~

Mr Prosek wrote:Everyone wants me Dead!?!? :nh: :thwak:

Some one needs a hug! :hug: There ya go.
*coos* Now who's my favorite little dictator? You are, aren't you! :D
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
~
~
~

Re: next in Rifts

Captain Shiva wrote:How about renewed hostilities from the Federation of Magic?With the CS weakened from the Tolkeen war,they might view this as the perfect time to strike. :demon:

No way. They may be going into a rebuilding year, but the CS came out badder than ever after the Tolkeen War. The FoM's greatest assest was the Coalition's lack of experience in combating magic on a large diverse scale. All that's changed now. They have vets who know every anti-magic trick in the book now and have killed every kind of supernatural or magic using menace that's ever walked, slithered or teleported. If the FoM isn't shaking in it's boots these days, they be smart if they started now.

[img]x[/img]
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Voted a CS Civil, I'm in Blue vs. Grey sort of mood. Vibro Sabres and C-18's all around!!!!

(to the tune Metalica's "Whisky in the Jar" cover...)
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Yes! Take this! :thwak: and this! :thwak: and some more of this! :thwak:
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Dead Boy wrote:
Captain Shiva wrote:How about renewed hostilities from the Federation of Magic?With the CS weakened from the Tolkeen war,they might view this as the perfect time to strike. :demon:

No way. They may be going into a rebuilding year, but the CS came out badder than ever after the Tolkeen War. The FoM's greatest assest was the Coalition's lack of experience in combating magic on a large diverse scale. All that's changed now. They have vets who know every anti-magic trick in the book now and have killed every kind of supernatural or magic using menace that's ever walked, slithered or teleported. If the FoM isn't shaking in it's boots these days, they be smart if they started now.
i think FOM has it's target sights set on CS El Dorado.

grandmaster z0b
Champion

Mr Prosek wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:
Yes! Take this! :thwak: and this! :thwak: and some more of this! :thwak:

Maybe I will just blindly conquer another innocent community. Hmmm Melbourne looks nice.. :x
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :P :-P :P
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

I didn't see an option for a complete revision of the milieu metaplot from PA 105-109. That's were my vote goes.

Oops, that wasn't "next".

Hmm.

I want more sourcebooks and worldbooks set in a single non-advancing era. PA 100 or PA 109. Less metaplot, more metacrunch.
  1. Rifts Earth Atlas (Hiqh Quality Professional Maps*)
  2. WB: Lazlo
  3. WB: Chi-Town
  4. WB: Tolkeen**
  5. WB: Sol System (A complete non-TMNT solar system setting***)
  6. WB: Iron Heart
  7. WB: Coalition States (Other states and general info.)
  8. WB: Northern Gun/Manistique Imperium
  9. WB: Western North America (New West Revised****)
  10. WB: Eastern North America
  11. Sourcebook: Techno Wizardry
  12. Sourcebook: Demon Seas
  13. Sourcebook: Wastelands
  14. Sourcebook: Super Nexus Points
  15. Sourcebook: Psyscape, The City
  16. Sourcebook: Kingsdale, Redux
  17. WB: Atlantic Ocean*****
  18. WB: Pacific Ocean***** (or at least, South Pacific)
  19. WB: Indian Ocean*****
  20. WB: Africa, Revised
  21. WB: Europe
  22. WB: Scandinavia
  23. WB: India
  24. WB: Asia Minor
  25. WB: Middle East
  26. WB: Arctic Zones

* Via Campaign Cartographer, or similar program.
** Before it was destroyed, without its leadership having turned to evil.
*** With a superior explanation for the "Orbital Denial System" around Earth.
**** Hoiw about a non-cowboy, non-cliche approach?
***** Expansion/Revision of Underseas.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
~
~
~

Mech-Viper wrote:
Dead Boy wrote:

i think FOM has it's target sights set on CS El Dorado.

Hit 'em while they're young and weak? Yea, that's a working strategy. You could be right.

[img]x[/img]
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

My first choice wasnt available: NGR and the Gargoyles have a full-scale war. Maybe Mindwerks joining in the fun. Heck, even the Brodkil could have a blast here.

But on the list my pick was invasion of the Mechanoids, mostly because my current campaign involves the group clearing them from Aberdeen.
That would be a great start to an even bigger campaign against them.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

RainOfSteel wrote:I didn't see an option for a complete revision of the milieu metaplot from PA 105-109. That's were my vote goes.

Hmm.
You been thinking and what a list i want all of them. I like the idea of earler dated books everone should play out Tolkeen war and visit Wormwood. i need another wormwood book done with more back story.
I want more sourcebooks and worldbooks set in a single non-advancing era. PA 100 or PA 109. Less metaplot, more metacrunch.

runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Shorty Lickens wrote:My first choice wasnt available: NGR and the Gargoyles have a full-scale war. Maybe Mindwerks joining in the fun. Heck, even the Brodkil could have a blast here.

But on the list my pick was invasion of the Mechanoids, mostly because my current campaign involves the group clearing them from Aberdeen.
That would be a great start to an even bigger campaign against them.

What if a shifter open a portal to bring in a fifty thousand mechanoids or so in to the hive lands of southern canada might weaken the bugs a fair bit and make for a interesting quest. How cauld this go wrong lol!
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

With a new mechanoid book coming out i think it should tie in.
Phadeout
Explorer

Unread post by Phadeout »

Kikkoman wrote:Ideally, if I could do anything-
freeze everything, do a 2nd edition and streamline it all. Rifts is chocked full of goodness already. Maybe too full. It doesn't seem like such a Grim and Dark Scary Post Apocalypse when the world seems to be crawling with super powered mystic cyborg commando human kingdoms.

Yes, I say Rifts Timeline needs a freeze. Period. Keep the books coming, but stop advancing the timeline with them.

It makes everything lose consistency.
Phadeout

"Are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

runebeo wrote:
RainOfSteel wrote:I didn't see [...]

A full text quote with no response at all?
Tell us what you really think. ;)
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
grandmaster z0b
Champion

RainOfSteel wrote:I didn't see an option for a complete revision of the milieu metaplot from PA 105-109. That's were my vote goes.

Hmm.

I like a lot of these ideas, especially an Atlas, Chi-Town, Lazlo etc.

I don't agree with a lot of it though as well, I don't think any of the following are necessary yet; Sol System, Sourcebook: Techno Wizardry, Demon Seas, Wastelands, Super Nexus Points, Psyscape The City, Kingsdale, Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Indian Ocean, Arctic areas and New West Revised. I would prefer Palladium fix England and Africa first, then release Chi-Town and Lazlo.

I couldn't give a flying fish about underseas - has anyone really used that book for any length of time?

I like New West, I do think it's a bit cliched but it depends on how you play it. My west is full of psi-stalkers, simvan, borgs, juicers, d-bees, mages, freaks, vampires etc. not just cowboys and indians. It gives it a very particular feel- there are still saloons and shoot outs but I avoid the super cliches like show downs at dawn and everbody wearing 10gallon hats and spurs.

Return to “Rifts®”