Are there Old/New Skill Conversions??

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Boglin

Are there Old/New Skill Conversions??

Unread post by The Boglin »

I haven't gotten the new, big RPG book for AtB yet (although it's due to arrive in the mail, but not on time for my game- on the irony. :lol: ), so I was thumbing through the older, original book for info.

While looking at the "Mutation Background" on page 5 of the book & reading through some of the options. Apparently I must have the 1st Printing of the book & likewise the un-revised version, which isn't bad, but more or less confusing as now it mentions "High School Skills" & "Military Skills" & numerous other Skill clacifications that don't appear to exist in the Revised TMNT book.

I'm curious to see if anyone has gotten conversions done for each of the 2 skill systems, or if maybe someone here has a newer printing of the book that has the Revised bits inside it.

Any help anyone can give me would eb greatly appreciated. ^_^

-Boglin
The Boglin

Re: Are there Old/New Skill Conversions??

Unread post by The Boglin »

Mephisto wrote:I have the fifth printing and it says the exact same things.

Really? Nutters. :-? Iwas hoping they'd have changed it or made the "Old Skills/ New Skills" divisions like they did in Mutants Down Under, Mutants in the Yucatan & Mutants in Avalon.

Do you have any idea what a "High School Skill" might convert over into? Cause I may just tell my players to use a skill program or something..

Thanks for the help. ^_^

-Boglin
KillingMachine
D-Bee

Unread post by KillingMachine »

I remember this topic coming up a while back and nobody seemed to have a handy conversion reference that I know of. I'm not sure if Road Hogs ever got "fixed" in a newer printing, but my copy of it has the same problem as the old After the Bomb supplement.

Anyway, I actually sat down and started to do some of my own conversions for those two books and did get some stuff done, but I never did get it finished. Some things actually seemed fairly easy to convert, while others could be real head scratchers. I really should try to dig up my notes and complete it because it seems like there are plenty of people who would be happy to have something to go off of. I know there were at least one or two other people who had talked about working on their own conversions back then, so maybe one of them actually completed it and will chime in with what they came up with.

It was pretty well agreed upon that the best place to start was by looking at the other books in the series that do list both the old and new style of skills and use that as a reference. You just start to run into problems when you can't find anything similar to compare things to, so at some point, you'll have to just use your best judgement.
dulsi
Wanderer

Unread post by dulsi »

I just stumbled across this. Thought I'd point it out incase anyone else is interested. I also put it on my web site.

http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=23873
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Improvise, use the house rules linked here, or just go to ebay and buy a copy of a non-revised TMNT & OS.

Here is a question I guess we can pose to the mods...

If the original TMNT & OS is no longer in print, what is the harm in posting the skill list based on the early (H)(S)(C)(M) system? We wouldn't need to post skill descriptions as they can discern those for themselves. I think it would help people who are using the old supplements while trying to incorporate them into AtB2.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”