The Rifts™ Difiicult/Weird Questions Thread

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

The Rifts™ Difiicult/Weird Questions Thread

Unread post by cornholioprime »

This is just a quick, Fun Thread based on all the wierd situation that may arise when two conflicting conditions come up in Rifts™.

The goal isn't realy to answer the Quesions posed here per se, but to see just how crazy legitimate Questions can be.

I'll start off with an example.

There is a Creature in the Rifts: Conversion Book One called a Zavor.

Zavor are COMPLETELY immune to magic; in fact, if magic is used on them in ANY fashion, they split into two beings and their alignment "changes" to Diabolic Evil, seeking to destroy ALL life that they come across.

Zavors are vulnerable ONLY to Iron, Wood, and Silver.

We all know that Anti-Magic Cloud renders Magic Swords as essentially non-magical (even though Rune Swords remain indestructible, for example).

Here's MY question; add others of your own:

What happens to a Zavor if you try to stab him in the heart with a magical Iron or Silver Sword inside an Anti-magic Cloud??

Will the Zavor die because the Magic Sword is made of Iron?? Or will he split into two because the sword is magical??

Remember: the overall goal is to have fun even while trying to answer "difficult" questions like this one!!

So, what are you doing still standing there?!? GO FORTH AND HAVE FUN SUBMITTING YOUR OWN WEIRD RIFTS QUESTIONS, ALREADY!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

That's an interesting question...
Well, I'm seeing a dead impaled Zavor with it's newly spawned duplicate either being really ticked, or mourning the loss of the original... :P
either that or you end up with two dead Zavor...
(assuming anti-magic cloud doesn't cause them to start dividing like crazy because it is magic in and of itself and they are in its area of effect...)

Anyways, here's an odd thing I've been wondering about...

What happens if you cast Carpet of Adhesion on loose soil or other not so well anchored material, and something really strong gets stuck on it?

Will the thing be stuck to the ground, or will it be able to still move, with a large chunk of land stuck to its feet like a big blanket?
What about wooden flooring of a house? Would something be able to slowly move along with a room worth of floorboards stuck to its feet, if it was strong enough to carry that amount of weight in the first place?
Or would CoA just anchor down the surface itself and make it immovable so long as the spell is in effect?

I bring this up because of flavor text for a robot idea I came up with once, involving a mage that cast CoA some unknown killer robot hunting down bandits (mage's buddies), just to have the mage be spotted shortly thereafter running away with said robot chasing after the mage while still having large chunks of ground stuck to its feet.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Try this one out...
1...scrolls...as long as you can read it you can cast it but the spell disapears from the page.
2...a silver rune on parchment renders both the rune and the parchment indestructible.

so what happens if the spell on the scroll (of parchment) is written in silver runes?
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Richter
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Richter »

This thread has potential to be epic....
Doing things the right way, the Coalition Way, since 1998...

-Richter
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

not truly a rifts question, just an old roleplaying question from back in the day.

If I swing at you with a sword that always strikes true and you block with a shield that always intercepts incoming blows, what happens?
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Richter
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Richter »

cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:not truly a rifts question, just an old roleplaying question from back in the day.

If I swing at you with a sword that always strikes true and you block with a shield that always intercepts incoming blows, what happens?

Both weapons must make a save vs crushing blow (or whatever is appropriate) the loser or lower roll's item breaks, the other blocks/strikes as it would normally.
Doing things the right way, the Coalition Way, since 1998...

-Richter
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Damian Magecraft wrote:Try this one out...
1...scrolls...as long as you can read it you can cast it but the spell disapears from the page.
2...a silver rune on parchment renders both the rune and the parchment indestructible.

so what happens if the spell on the scroll (of parchment) is written in silver runes?

the spell disapears as normal. nothing is protecting the ink.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Nekira you need to re-read my question... see italics
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Damian Magecraft wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Nekira you need to re-read my question... see italics[/quote

Oh!

Then they vanish, as it says. A Kind of Super Invisibility that cannot be detected by any means :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

cute...
but somehow i think not...
I already resolved this conundrum...
Iwas just curious what others think...
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

The scroll is indestructable, true. BUT the spell is still being used and thus disappeasrs. It reverts back to being regular parchment.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

New question: Can you write a scroll in brail, so that you can "read" it in the dark? My current GM lets me get away with it, provided I take Litteracy: Brail beforehand.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

The Galactus Kid wrote:The scroll is indestructable, true. BUT the spell is still being used and thus disappeasrs. It reverts back to being regular parchment.

well I thought as follows...
a spell works as a type PPE battery in the fact that it has the required ppe nessacary to cast the spell written and said PPE is expended when the scroll is read...the runes and the parchment themselves are indeed indestructible so the words themselves do remain behind but the power of the scroll is gone now... this meets both conditions of the conundrum...and is the least munchkin of the results my players put forth when said conflict arose in my games....
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Damian Magecraft wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:The scroll is indestructable, true. BUT the spell is still being used and thus disappeasrs. It reverts back to being regular parchment.

well I thought as follows...
a spell works as a type PPE battery in the fact that it has the required ppe nessacary to cast the spell written and said PPE is expended when the scroll is read...the runes and the parchment themselves are indeed indestructible so the words themselves do remain behind but the power of the scroll is gone now... this meets both conditions of the conundrum...and is the least munchkin of the results my players put forth when said conflict arose in my games....

Thats what I would have done...

Why does Impevious to Energy protect against Particle Beams and Plasma blasts when P-Beams are partially composed of, well, solid matter (ie: the particles) and Plasma is matter in a highly energised state? :D :? :lol:
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Sea Titan gets it on with an Amazon. What's the offspring?
:fool:
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Jesterzzn wrote:Sea Titan gets it on with an Amazon. What's the offspring?
which parents DNA is the dominant? thats what the baby is....
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

Someone with Invisibility Superior tries to sneak into someplace where there are those that can detect magic.
(Psi-Stalkers, Dog Boys, Psychics with Sense Magic, other mutant animals, maybe that one Japanese SNARLS thing)

Would the person be able to move around mostly undetected as the spell indicates, or would their presence be detected because the spell itself would be detected? (such as the Psi-Stalker's or Dog Boy's ability to detect magic 'in use' hundreds of feet away?)

(I don't remember anything about the spell hiding itself, just the person it is cast on... possible flaw for the spell?)
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

gadrin wrote:What would a vampire think of a Blood Wraith* ? They're both "fellow undead", and unless the vamp's Demons & Monster's Lore was thorough he wouldn't know it's a vile tasting blood that's not human, etc, etc.

I'd have to think he might lick his lips at least once...

* Dark Conversions p 49

Wouldn't he innately recognize it as Undead? Or does that just apply to other Vampires?

~ Josh
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
gadrin wrote:What would a vampire think of a Blood Wraith* ? They're both "fellow undead", and unless the vamp's Demons & Monster's Lore was thorough he wouldn't know it's a vile tasting blood that's not human, etc, etc.

I'd have to think he might lick his lips at least once...

* Dark Conversions p 49

Wouldn't he innately recognize it as Undead? Or does that just apply to other Vampires?

~ Josh

other vampires only.

and he wouldn't really care either.

cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

Sea Amazon
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Seamazon?
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

if a male kid, Sea Titan
if a female kid, Amazon.

simple.

sea titan traits don't appear until puberty, until then they're a normal human. amazon traits exist from birth, so when the female child hits puberty, she'd not be able to manifest the sea titan traits, as the two would be incompatable. as 'amazon' males are normal humans, they'd be able to manifest sea titan traits.
the 15%/85% chances for male/female kids would still apply though.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

glitterboy2098 wrote:

if a male kid, Sea Titan
if a female kid, Amazon.

simple.

sea titan traits don't appear until puberty, until then they're a normal human. amazon traits exist from birth, so when the female child hits puberty, she'd not be able to manifest the sea titan traits, as the two would be incompatable. as 'amazon' males are normal humans, they'd be able to manifest sea titan traits.

howso? nothing at all indicates they're incompatible. they simply stack onto each-other with no problems whatsoever.

Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

if a male kid, Sea Titan
if a female kid, Amazon.

simple.

howso? nothing at all indicates they're incompatible. they simply stack onto each-other with no problems whatsoever.

Only in MunchkinLand. :lol: :D
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

if a male kid, Sea Titan
if a female kid, Amazon.

simple.

they are both RCC's, and thus races. a hybrid with both traits would violate palladiums "No Half breeds" rule.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

if a male kid, Sea Titan
if a female kid, Amazon.

simple.

they are both RCC's, and thus races. a hybrid with both traits would violate palladiums "No Half breeds" rule.

then please explain loki and sleipneir. loki is the sone of a giant and odin i.e. 1/2 god and 1/2 giant. sleipneir is the off-spring of loki who was shapechanged into a MARE and a very powerful stallion making sleipneir one very mixed breed having god , giant, and horse in his background.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

finn69 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

if a male kid, Sea Titan
if a female kid, Amazon.

simple.

then please explain loki and sleipneir. loki is the sone of a giant and odin i.e. 1/2 god and 1/2 giant. sleipneir is the off-spring of loki who was shapechanged into a MARE and a very powerful stallion making sleipneir one very mixed breed having god , giant, and horse in his background.

1.) it merely says "according to the legend", not that sleipnir actually is a child of loki.
2.) in CB2, no mention is given of loki's parentage. in the orginal myths, loki is the son of two giants. however, since the Aesir and Vanir are both decended from giants as well, he is a god, just not one of the asgardians.
3.) what applies to mortals like humans (even super powered ones like sea titans and amazons), needs not apply to gods. gods are by defualt able to bend some rules.

in this case, it falls under the demi-god loophole anyway, where gods (arguably a seperate race) and humans/mortals can produce offspring, that have superhuman power.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

if a male kid, Sea Titan
if a female kid, Amazon.

simple.

Nope. that rule only applies to races that wern't already compatible. like dragons.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

finn69 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

if a male kid, Sea Titan
if a female kid, Amazon.

simple.

then please explain loki and sleipneir. loki is the sone of a giant and odin i.e. 1/2 god and 1/2 giant.

Untrue. loki is simply a giant that odin swore an oath of brotherhood with.

sleipneir is the off-spring of loki who was shapechanged into a MARE and a very powerful stallion making sleipneir one very mixed breed having god , giant, and horse in his background.

have dragons and gods? gods have the ability to breed with ANY being. and the greater norse giants are listed as having the powers of Gods, so that's included.

And also, the stallion was a supernatual stalion of one of hte GIANTS. that's right, it's a horse a giant rides on. it's hardly natural.

And for that matter, how does one explain the Midgard serpant? that's one of loki's sons. So's the Fenrir wolf.

Simply put, Loki's childrens breaks the normal rules, because he's loki and a godlike being. Trying to apply the normal rules to what's a stated EXCEPTION to those rules is a logical fallacy.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

R Ditto wrote:That's an interesting question...
Well, I'm seeing a dead impaled Zavor with it's newly spawned duplicate either being really ticked, or mourning the loss of the original... :P
either that or you end up with two dead Zavor...
(assuming anti-magic cloud doesn't cause them to start dividing like crazy because it is magic in and of itself and they are in its area of effect...)

Anyways, here's an odd thing I've been wondering about...

What happens if you cast Carpet of Adhesion on loose soil or other not so well anchored material, and something really strong gets stuck on it?

Will the thing be stuck to the ground, or will it be able to still move, with a large chunk of land stuck to its feet like a big blanket?
What about wooden flooring of a house? Would something be able to slowly move along with a room worth of floorboards stuck to its feet, if it was strong enough to carry that amount of weight in the first place?
Or would CoA just anchor down the surface itself and make it immovable so long as the spell is in effect?

I bring this up because of flavor text for a robot idea I came up with once, involving a mage that cast CoA some unknown killer robot hunting down bandits (mage's buddies), just to have the mage be spotted shortly thereafter running away with said robot chasing after the mage while still having large chunks of ground stuck to its feet.
:LOL: Bwahahahah not like a blanket... like a pice of toilet paper stuck to its foot :LOL:
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:not truly a rifts question, just an old roleplaying question from back in the day.

Bah... :D That's easy the same thing that happens when an unresistable force intercept the same space as an immovable object... it richochets... :shock: :) :-) :-D :D :lol:
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Steeler49er wrote:What she said.

On the point of Sea Titans & Amazons though...Theyr'e the same race as both can breed with Humans and are still therefore Humans by deffinition, See people mix up Race & Genus all the tim, to the point that even Websters had to accomidate that fact.

They are humans like Blacks, Whites, Asians & Jews as we all can still interbreed, but Races can't succesfully breed with each other as Race means Species! (IE Dogs & Cats<> Bats & Rats).

We are still all human, as are the aformentioned Sea Titans & Amazons as they can still breed with Baseline humans, We're all a differant Genus of eachother therefore.

true but under the description of each RCC it states their DNA dominates when generateing offspring...in the case of the sea titan/amazon mix glitterboy2098 got it right...any further arguments are atempts to circumvent the rules...
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

That question is AWESOME!!!!!

(And no, I DON'T know the answer. Yet.)

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Jesterzzn must have missed the Thread on this one.

We eventually came to the consensus that if Male, the kid becomes a Sea Titan at puberty.

If female, the kid becomes an Amazon 'till puberty.....then a Sea Titan at puberty...

:lol:

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Can you use a Greater or Greatest Rune Weapon to soul-suck a Zavor??

Or for that matter, a Hawrk-Ohl or Hawrk-duhk??
(these latter two creatures are said to be impervious to magic as well.....)

Here's an Overflowing Universe question for you.

What happens to the Thre Galaxies if you drop a Zavor into one of those Magic Nebulas spoken of in the Phase World™ setting??

Can you eventually clog up that entire Dimension???

:D

Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

cornholioprime wrote:Can you use a Greater or Greatest Rune Weapon to soul-suck a Zavor??
only if the weapon deals no damage

nope immune means immune

What happens to the Thre Galaxies if you drop a Zavor into one of those Magic Nebulas spoken of in the Phase World™ setting??

Can you eventually clog up that entire Dimension??? :D
only if the nebula deals magical damage
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Damian Magecraft wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Can you use a Greater or Greatest Rune Weapon to soul-suck a Zavor??

nope immune means immune

The Nebula DOES do magical damage.

By my rough calculations, they'd fill up one Galaxy in about a century or two, tops.

Duplication process takes 30 seconds.

1 minute -2 Zavor
2 minutes -8 Zavor
3 minutes -32 Zavor
4 minutes -128 Zavor
5 minutes -512 Zavor

After just 30 minutes.......

576 TRILLION Zavor!!!

Seeing them coming would proably be the ONE thing that would make even the Second Stage Promethians crap their pants (but don't worry, they're always in Phase, so it would wash right off......) :D

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

cornholioprime wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:

nope immune means immune

The Nebula DOES do magical damage.

By my rough calculations, they'd fill up one Galaxy in about a century or two, tops.

Duplication process takes 30 seconds.

1 minute -2 Zavor
2 minutes -8 Zavor
3 minutes -32 Zavor
4 minutes -128 Zavor
5 minutes -512 Zavor

After just 30 minutes.......

576 TRILLION Zavor!!!

Seeing them coming would proably be the ONE thing that would make even the Second Stage Promethians crap their pants (but don't worry, they're always in Phase, so it would wash right off......) :D

yea, untold numbers of zavors floating in space...utterly harmless as they can do precily NOTHING while floating in space :P

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Nekira Sudacne, speaking of multiplying Zavors in Space, wrote:
yea, untold numbers of zavors floating in space...utterly harmless as they can do precily NOTHING while floating in space :P
They don't have to. As the numbers of Zavor within the Magic Nebula multiply and push the others out, those others will make planetfall, collide with passing FTL ships (and possibly puncture their hulls unless they're those Dwarven Iron Ships), eventually cause instability in stars that they fall into if enough of them do so, and so on, and so on, and so on.

I wonder if the Artifact's beams will merely push Zavors into space at near-light speeds when it detects them in its sector and tries to fire on them???

:demon:

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Steeler49er wrote:The Zavor would eventually turn into a planet, then a world the size of Jupiter, the the sun then....In a day or so you'd have a gravity well that would be pretty massive...

then the Zavor on the surface who are not in the nebula would get board and start a Democracy under one boss Zavor named "THE UNCLE" but no one could call him by that name or else. Then they'd start up casinos & eat up the universes currency.....CHAOS!
Actually, I'd been thinking about it today and I reckon that eventually they fall into a black hole here or there in HUGE numbers, eventually increase that Black Hole's sphere of influence (Black Holes don't actually have size per se but their Event Horizons get larger and larger as their Mass gets bigger, which the combined wieght of the Zavors' bodies add to), and eventually that Black Hole gains a Universe-sized Event Horizon....in which Zavor beyond counting are trapped in for all eternity.......

:D

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Next weird question:

Can a Creature that supernaturally deals damage to other Supernatural Creatures, do damage to a Creature that is immune to Magic??

That is to say, can a Vampire, for example, bite and blood suck a Hawrk-Ohl???

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

If you launch a Palladium Books/Rifts™ Vampire (in a sealed, lightproof coffin with soil of the homeland in it, of course) into orbit around the sun, would it sleep forever WITHOUT going hungry and insane??

atkindave
Explorer

Unread post by atkindave »

cornholioprime wrote:Next weird question:

Can a Creature that supernaturally deals damage to other Supernatural Creatures, do damage to a Creature that is immune to Magic??

That is to say, can a Vampire, for example, bite and blood suck a Hawrk-Ohl???

I would say yes. The "magic" is in the jaws of the vampire. In this case the Hawrk-ohl are dealing with physical effects of that majic: force from the teeth. They'd probably get knocked down by a spell-based earthquake under their feet too.
atkindave
Explorer

Unread post by atkindave »

cornholioprime wrote:If you launch a Palladium Books/Rifts™ Vampire (in a sealed, lightproof coffin with soil of the homeland in it, of course) into orbit around the sun, would it sleep forever WITHOUT going hungry and insane??

Interesting question. I would say probably not. Saying a vampire needs to suck a few pints of blood every day or two is a bit like saying that humans need to eat three times a day. Lengthening the "day" does not make humans get hungry less often (say, in Alaska or whatnot). Within 48 hours of being in orbit, the vampire would be quite hungry. Other effects to follow as the requisite time passes.

I don't think it would stay asleep the whole time either. Circadian rhythms and all. But I am less sure about that, the answer lies within whether the vampire's sleep cycle is determined by some mystic connection to whether there is daylight outside or it is more of a "conventional" rhythm. If conventional, the vampire sleeps cycle is like a human's. It would wake up at the next interval, peek outside, and find itself getting burned badly. If mystical, then it could stay asleep for quite a while. But even then, I think eventually it would awaken from extreme hunger or something.
Grug
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Grug »

R Ditto wrote:Someone with Invisibility Superior tries to sneak into someplace where there are those that can detect magic.
(Psi-Stalkers, Dog Boys, Psychics with Sense Magic, other mutant animals, maybe that one Japanese SNARLS thing)

Would the person be able to move around mostly undetected as the spell indicates, or would their presence be detected because the spell itself would be detected? (such as the Psi-Stalker's or Dog Boy's ability to detect magic 'in use' hundreds of feet away?)

(I don't remember anything about the spell hiding itself, just the person it is cast on... possible flaw for the spell?)

I would say that yes they would detect magic but the spell sense magic is very vague (you sense magic close within 20ft it is far away 120ft) now if they do sense it there going to be running around like mad trying to figure out why they sense it lol.
If you know your enemy and know yourself your victory will not stand in doubt. -Sun Tzu
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -Kosh
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

cornholioprime wrote:If you launch a Palladium Books/Rifts™ Vampire (in a sealed, lightproof coffin with soil of the homeland in it, of course) into orbit around the sun, would it sleep forever WITHOUT going hungry and insane??
No it would sleep forever, and go completely insane in the process.
:fool:
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Jesterzzn wrote:
No it would sleep forever, and go completely insane in the process.
:lol:

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

What happens if a pre-pubescent Sea Titan is chosen by the Cosmic Forge and accepts...and Puberty comes upon him just a short time later??

(remember, pre-pubescent Sea Titans are identical to humans in almost every way.)

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Can a Dog-Boy detect an Anti-Magic Cloud??

Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

cornholioprime wrote:What happens if a pre-pubescent Sea Titan is chosen by the Cosmic Forge and accepts...and Puberty comes upon him just a short time later??

(remember, pre-pubescent Sea Titans are identical to humans in almost every way.)

He is now a Cosmo-knight, not a sea titan, so nothing happens.

And a dog boy can detect an anti-magic cloud, as it is a magical emanation.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Rifts®”