Is there a power that...?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Is there a power that...?

Unread post by LostOne »

This is a thread for people with a specific concept in mind to post looking for a power that does a specific thing. If it already exists, someone will know of it and can post where it is and what it is called here.

Such as (these are serious questions of mine that prompted me to begin this thread):

Is there a super power equivalent of telekinesis?

Is there a super power equivalent of the psionic power Hypnotic Suggestion (Control Others is more powerful than I'm wanting, hoping for a minor power equivalent).

Is there a power that allows a hero to create mechanical items spontaneously from parts? Basically near-instant assembly of machines, possibly even building machines not normally possible in todays level of technology (such as a hero building laser rifles or power armor in the 1980s, etc)? (I have PU3 on order, I"m wondering if maybe this is what Techno-form does...)
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Father_of_5 wrote:3 - Yes, but I can't think of the name. It's in PU3... I'm pretty sure. Techno-form is a power that let's a person turn into a basically a Machine Man RCC from Phase World. It's a very cool power.

Kittenstomp has a Machine Affinity table listed in his random tables of doom thread: Bulletproof, Dismantle Machines, Inhabitation, Machine Merge, Techno-form. I'm guessing it's one of those?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Re: Is there a power that...?

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

LostOne wrote:This is a thread for people with a specific concept in mind to post looking for a power that does a specific thing. If it already exists, someone will know of it and can post where it is and what it is called here.

Such as (these are serious questions of mine that prompted me to begin this thread):

Is there a super power equivalent of telekinesis?

Is there a super power equivalent of the psionic power Hypnotic Suggestion (Control Others is more powerful than I'm wanting, hoping for a minor power equivalent).

Is there a power that allows a hero to create mechanical items spontaneously from parts? Basically near-instant assembly of machines, possibly even building machines not normally possible in todays level of technology (such as a hero building laser rifles or power armor in the 1980s, etc)? (I have PU3 on order, I"m wondering if maybe this is what Techno-form does...)

1- its been talked about before but force manipulation is the defactor
answer

2. Divine Aura- Main book or Transfixing gaze PU3, and Personal
Reconition PU3 are as close as your going to get

3. Reconstruction- powers unlimited 1 is the closest thing to what your
talking about
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I had seen Reconstruction, it isn't really what I'm wanting. That just lets you reconstruct things, I'm looking to build new things from scraps and parts.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

LostOne wrote:I had seen Reconstruction, it isn't really what I'm wanting. That just lets you reconstruct things, I'm looking to build new things from scraps and parts.

dosn't exsist n any remote shape or form i'm afraid.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Steeler49er wrote:Hi all, My names Shawn. I'm new here so pleeze go easy on me. I'll be getting my own alt soon but Rick said I could use his today. I ask him this question and he gave this answer for a tk power. I don't own the book (as im shur many of you may not ether), but reading it sounds good.

Howdy Shawn. :)
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Thanks to everyone answering my questions. Hopefully I'll get PU3 Thursday or Friday so I can look up the ones in there. :)

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”