Julian the First...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Julian the First...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

...okay...so...how much longer will he last? And why has he lasted so long?
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Shadyslug
Hero

Re: Julian the First...

K20A2_S wrote:
Shadyslug wrote:...okay...so...how much longer will he last? And why has he lasted so long?

As long as you let him last.

But canonly speaking, until Kevin feels like it.
how? b/c Kevin said so.......

4th and 1...and here's the punt...
Shadyslug
Hero

vampire_hunter_D wrote:who?

Julian the First...leader of the Juicer Liberation Army...he's been on "Last Call" for a couple years now...and deteriorating...but still a Mega Juicer...
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Basically he's a juicer so old (Who was old allready at the time of the JU) that he should have gone up in flames something like 4 years ago as of 109PA.

But he's still kicking for some inexplicable reason.

Or well not entirely, there are some potential reasons. One of them might well have something to do with the prometheus treatment. Even though it flat otu states he never got it. The nanites could perhaps have been to a degree self replicating and he some how got 'infected'. Or he some how actualy did wind up with such a chip.

And they actuallyd id work and could drastically extend a juicers lifespan.

It could also be 'something else', like he's not really human noly thinks he is, has some abnormally long natural lifespan. Or maybe just some god doesnt want him to die, but doesnt care quite enough to keep him young. INfact its almost like one of those immortality curse deals.

Afterall here he is what? 25 and he's in some ways got the body of an 80 year old and shows no real signs of dying any time soon. One of the immortality types represented in the Palladium system works like this. It's a curse. You age as normal, you take damage as normal. But you CANNOT DIE.

So you eventualy wind up this withered rotten worm eaten corpse that cant move. And your still alive. Ergo the curse.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

It's a PLOT DEVICE ladies and gents. He'll remain till it makes a good book for him to die.

Not trying to be snarky but that's what it is. It makes for a good story. Just when will he go down in his metaphorical and very likely physical blaze of glory?

He'll die when it makes for a good story for him to.

*looks at the HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Hell cross over coming and notes it ends up on rifts earth and raises brows* Heh, every dance with the Devil? Would ya want to?

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Oh I'm not griping about it myself.

I honestly dont care. It's not like they suddenly up and said all Mega Juicers now are like Julian. He's a 'Major' NPC. As such he has 'special' things going for him.

The how of it doesnt matter at all.
How?

It's Rifts. Anything goes in Rifts.
Wha?

Archie is the only one with a sattlite.

The CS Blows Tolkeen to hell and back faster than should be possible.

Erin Tarn globe hops even as an old lady and makes friends with gods.

Kingsdale is inexplicably still around even after CS War said there was an army sent to take it out.

A little girl named Dorothy and her dog Toto get transported from Kansas to Atlantis, where she's foced into the gladiator rings, eventually fighting her way to freedom and along the way becomes a godling. Her companion Toto also survives to become this mega intelligent super MDC dog that can fly. Togeather they overthrow the Splurgoth and usurp control of Splynncryths armies. They then use them to take over the world! Only you never hear about it because your on some 'other' Rifts Earth in the mess that is the space/time/dimensional distortion mishmash.

Personally I kinda like what they did with Julian. I liked him.
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Kesslan wrote:Oh I'm not griping about it myself.

I honestly dont care. It's not like they suddenly up and said all Mega Juicers now are like Julian. He's a 'Major' NPC. As such he has 'special' things going for him.

The how of it doesnt matter at all.
How?

It's Rifts. Anything goes in Rifts.
Wha?

Archie is the only one with a sattlite.
on earth

The CS Blows Tolkeen to hell and back faster than should be possible.
a little city state gains massive power in no time flat. And holds out against a world power that long.

Erin Tarn globe hops even as an old lady and makes friends with gods.
well the some of those gods are real freindly

Kingsdale is inexplicably still around even after CS War said there was an army sent to take it out.
hey mabe they will get a massive city of dragons out back of the main city that nobody noticed before. Or they will discover a new spell that make all tec attacks useless on a massive scale.

A little girl named Dorothy and her dog Toto get transported from Kansas to Atlantis, where she's forced into the gladiator rings, eventually fighting her way to freedom and along the way becomes a godling. Her companion Toto also survives to become this mega intelligent super MDC dog that can fly. Together they overthrow the Splurgoth and usurp control of Splynncryths armies. They then use them to take over the world! Only you never hear about it because your on some 'other' Rifts Earth in the mess that is the space/time/dimensional distortion mishmash.
....wow do you right for palladium....

Personally I kind of like what they did with Julian. I liked him.

:lol: :lol: I was just joking around, no offence really :lol: It all a matter of perspective....
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Julian is dead as far as I am concerned.

Aftermath makes a note that he will die by picking out a battle he can't win, and that the new leadership of the JAL has already been chosen.

So, basically, once the timeline is moved past Summer 109 P.A., he will be dead. Definitely by 110 P.A.

Adios Julian.

~ Josh
Shadyslug
Hero

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Julian is dead as far as I am concerned.

Aftermath makes a note that he will die by picking out a battle he can't win, and that the new leadership of the JAL has already been chosen.

So, basically, once the timeline is moved past Summer 109 P.A., he will be dead. Definitely by 110 P.A.

Adios Julian.

~ Josh

The Yankees are dead as far as I'm concerned...
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Shadyslug wrote:

Adios Julian.

~ Josh

No where in Aftermath does it mention that the Yankees are going to pick a fight with the Coalition Army that they can't win.

~ Josh
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Shadyslug wrote:

Adios Julian.

~ Josh

No where in Aftermath does it mention that the Yankees are going to pick a fight with the Coalition Army that they can't win.

~ Josh

Yes, but what does Madhaven say about Yankee stadium? Decaying remains infested with mutants, as usual? ;-)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Josh Sinsapaugh

MrNexx wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Shadyslug wrote:

Adios Julian.

~ Josh

~ Josh

Yes, but what does Madhaven say about Yankee stadium? Decaying remains infested with mutants, as usual? ;-)

Yeah, which has nothing to do with the fact that Julian is dead/will die.

He won't be a future plot device (at least not canonically).

~ Josh
Shadyslug
Hero

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:No where in Aftermath does it mention that the Yankees are going to pick a fight with the Coalition Army that they can't win.

~ Josh

p. 999

A-Rod, after hitting his 7th homerun in 8 games gets sucked into a dimensional vortex and is deposited in Mad Haven...he promptly gets eaten by a mutant...
Josh Sinsapaugh

Shadyslug wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:No where in Aftermath does it mention that the Yankees are going to pick a fight with the Coalition Army that they can't win.

~ Josh

p. 999

A-Rod, after hitting his 7th homerun in 8 games gets sucked into a dimensional vortex and is deposited in Mad Haven...he promptly gets eaten by a mutant...

Damn. Not sure how I missed that. :eek:

Though the thing on page 1001 about the mutants having a psychedelic trip after eating Bonds is even more shocking.

~ Josh
Library Ogre

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Though the thing on page 1001 about the mutants having a psychedelic trip after eating Bonds is even more shocking.

There are some levels of toxicity that even supernatural PE can't overcome.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Shadyslug
Hero

MrNexx wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Though the thing on page 1001 about the mutants having a psychedelic trip after eating Bonds is even more shocking.

There are some levels of toxicity that even supernatural PE can't overcome.

One would think that eating Bonds might actually provide a temporary bonus to PS (making it supernatural in the process), but once the effects wear off, you left with an elbow that requires surgury and a bad back...
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

The thing is Julian has "picked battles he can't win" before to try and go out and hasn't. That's part of the appeal of the character. He keeps surviving even when by all rights he shouldn't.

He'll be dead when I see it in print.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Josh Sinsapaugh

Pepsi Jedi wrote:The thing is Julian has "picked battles he can't win" before to try and go out and hasn't. That's part of the appeal of the character. He keeps surviving even when by all rights he shouldn't.

He'll be dead when I see it in print.

Aftermath notes that he will die.

Not may die, will die.

~ Josh
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Well well all WILL DIE there Josh, unless you're immortal.

It's a matter of when and how. Everyone in the CS WILL DIE, sooner or later, but it's the when and how that makes the difference.

Shadyslug
Hero

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Aftermath notes that he will die.

Not may die, will die.

~ Josh

Yeah...and there's never been any ambiguity in anything in a book...
Josh Sinsapaugh

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Well well all WILL DIE there Josh, unless you're immortal.

It's a matter of when and how. Everyone in the CS WILL DIE, sooner or later, but it's the when and how that makes the difference.

No, Aftermath notes that he will die, and soon, while protecting the Tolkeen Refugees from the CS.

As soon as the timeline moves, Julian is dead.

~ Josh
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Juilian set himself up to fight to colition
Juilian also is resposible for saving a lot of refugees
who were mages from colition hands, how unlikely is it
that one mage decided that having this guy around might be
usefull and had the proper knowlege to make it happen?
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Could be several people claiming to be Julian... didnt they mention that in Juicer Uprising that there had in the past been several juicers claiming to be Julian? I dont have my book in front of me but I believe that is the case. I wouldnt be surprised that when the Real JA dies (checks out or gets blown away), that some people in the JAL will go their own way claiming to be JA... Thats what I'd do. Gives him mystique, ya know? the juicer whos been fighting for 20 years :)
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Apollo wrote:Ooo, he could be like the Dread Pirate Roberts.

Ha. I'm pretty sure we all know who that is. :)
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I didn't catch the reference at first, however that is a posibility without much in the form of written documentation is wouldn't be too hard to take someone elses identity.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm still sticking with the idea that there is some sort of "Divine Intervention" at play here. While I hate the idea of "Alien Intelligences" I love the idea of an old, maybe long forgotten or obscure God of Light who has blessed and is using Julian as a tool for Justice. Thats how it would be in my game.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Shadyslug
Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm still sticking with the idea that there is some sort of "Divine Intervention" at play here. While I hate the idea of "Alien Intelligences" I love the idea of an old, maybe long forgotten or obscure God of Light who has blessed and is using Julian as a tool for Justice. Thats how it would be in my game.

Or maybe he's a tool for the Lord of the Deep...

Oh oh oh...

Maybe A.R.C.H.I.E. has infected him with nanobots that are rebuilding him...
Library Ogre

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm still sticking with the idea that there is some sort of "Divine Intervention" at play here. While I hate the idea of "Alien Intelligences" I love the idea of an old, maybe long forgotten or obscure God of Light who has blessed and is using Julian as a tool for Justice. Thats how it would be in my game.

Or a wizard casting Restoration on him at regular intervals... regenerating all the damage that the Juicer process is inflicting on him, but leaving the wizard very weak...

All Palladium Articles
Shadyslug
Hero

MrNexx wrote:

Or a wizard casting Restoration on him at regular intervals... regenerating all the damage that the Juicer process is inflicting on him, but leaving the wizard very weak...

Oh come on now...we all know that it's the Republicans who are keeping him alive...
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

or that.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I'm with the Kid on this one. I think one of the 20 dozen gods we have are keepin' him alive as long as he's on the side "they" consider good.

Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

I sorta agree with Pepsi and Gal.

And to Asajosh. No.

That actually is covered in that entry. That, infact alot of people think thats -exactly- what has been happening. Yet the reality is that it very much IS the orrigional real deal.

I also sorta, however agree that it's very likely Julian will die this time. But honestly I wont take it for granted till there's something in official books that says he actually did buy the farm.

Simply because, as it is. He's lived considerably longer than by any rights he should have. And in Rifts the potential reasons for this are about endless.
Jmur
Wanderer

Unread post by Jmur »

Julian needs to start the ultimate burn out where he causes MDC to everything in his path.
Library Ogre

Actually, IIRC, Aftermath says that Julian is still alive.

He's doing science and he's still alive.

All Palladium Articles

Return to “Rifts®”