I just bought PFRPG 2nd ED.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MASTERMIND
Adventurer
Comment: I game... Therefore I am...

Unread post by MASTERMIND »

Enjoy your purchase. Good setting material in those books.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Re: I just bought PFRPG 2nd ED.

Unread post by GreenGhost »

chrisgal wrote:Hello,

I just bought PFRPG. I haven't owned it before but have played and owned several palladium rpgs such as tmnt, rifts, beyond the supernatural and heroes unlimited. I am game mastering at the moment and have one player which makes it quite intimate but may have another player on the way. Any way i plan to buy all the palladium megaverse books so my players can adventure around the different worlds and dimensions in the megaverse.

Regards
Chris

I started with PF 1st Ed, but went on to GM the 2nd Ed. when it came out.

I know what you mean about wanting to buy all the megaverse. I'm at about 130 books and still getting them. I'm behind a little, but have ordered 4 more.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Welcome to the world of PF, glad to have you aboard!

If you find yourself running in to problems, or having questions that just aren't covered in the book, feel free to post here and ask. While I can't guarantee that you'll get a definite canon response, most well written and understandable threads will generate, at the least, some helpful suggestions or ideas. On occasion, you may even get a huge debate with rule references flying left and right, and more info than you ever wanted to know. ::grins::

Welcome again. Make yourself at home!
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Natalya

Re: What would be a good choice for purchase regarding the p

Unread post by Natalya »

chrisgal wrote:I recently purchased the pfrpg. What would be a good choice for purchase next? What supplement should I purchase for the pfrpg? Do i really need a monster manual of some kind or do i get a book detailing the palladium world? Please assist.

Regards
Chris

What you need is all contained in the main PFRPG book. The joy of PF is that you only need one book to run/play a game.

What you will eventually want is everything else.

Pretty much, from what I've seen, the forum consensus is the two most helpful supplements are Monsters & Animals and Dragons & Gods. Choosing between them is a toss-up.

Good luck!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

After the two mentioned above it really depends on what kind of group you are running, and where they are located.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Dragons and Gods is a must.

Library of Bletharad can give u numerous adventure ideas.

Both Adventures in Northern wilderness and Island at the edge of the world are perfect as they are very good adventures BUT, theyre both written in 1st ed. so I would say pick up Wolfen empire re-write which has a couple of good one of adventures so u can get used to the rules etc in this fantasy world.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Dragons and Gods is a must.

Library of Bletharad can give u numerous adventure ideas.

Both Adventures in Northern wilderness and Island at the edge of the world are perfect as they are very good adventures BUT, theyre both written in 1st ed. so I would say pick up Wolfen empire re-write which has a couple of good one of adventures so u can get used to the rules etc in this fantasy world.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Yisterwald
Wanderer

Unread post by Yisterwald »

This guy has a copy of 1st Edition in that collection. It's on the bottom of the stack in the photo -- left hand side. Might be worth a message asking if hed' sell the stuff piecemeal.

Hell, if you picked up the whole thing cheap, that collection of 1st Edition stuff could keep you playing for years...
That's right folks, remember to look both ways before crossing the Yisterwald. -- TAF
For the record, Yisterwald rocks. -- Prettz
Creationism is a non-scientific viewpoint that says 'Poof, the world happened'. It lacks any credible evidence, and survives in the school system on the back of religious imperialists whose purpose is to destroy the educational system. -- Mark Hall
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

The must have books for Palladium in my opinion are:

1.Palladium Fantasy Main Book (Duhh!!)
2.Monsters & Animals !! (Great and Hugh resource... you will use constinently)
3.Dragons & Gods (Information on world Religions and Elemental and Dragons.)
4.Adventures on the High Seas (Many great OCC's and additional skills, plus ocean going information about ships, and combat rules)
5. Yin-sloth Jungles (Also many OCC's... although it has to be converted to 2nd edition. Also many additional and very useful skills)

I find I tend to use these the most of all the books. But I recommend eventually purchasing all the books, they are all very good.
Xynar
Wanderer

Unread post by Xynar »

Lukterran wrote:The must have books for Palladium in my opinion are:

1.Palladium Fantasy Main Book (Duhh!!)
2.Monsters & Animals !! (Great and Hugh resource... you will use constinently)
3.Dragons & Gods (Information on world Religions and Elemental and Dragons.)
4.Adventures on the High Seas (Many great OCC's and additional skills, plus ocean going information about ships, and combat rules)
5. Yin-sloth Jungles (Also many OCC's... although it has to be converted to 2nd edition. Also many additional and very useful skills)

I find I tend to use these the most of all the books. But I recommend eventually purchasing all the books, they are all very good.

#5 can be switched with the Rifters that have the updated rules material for Yin-Sloth Jungles if that's all you want from it.

I ran the game with only the core book (1st ed, 2nd run) and the Arms of Nargash Tor. My games took on a strange person vs person feel (strange for a Fantasy game) and there were few monsters (save the few in the main book then) and it turned into a game several people ask to play now. As far as the second edition goes, the Main book of course and Monsters and Animals. Dragons and Gods is usefull if you want religion. And the location books are good for particular areas. The Adventures on the High Seas is needed for sea travel and more background material about the world so it's a good one to have.
My first three would be:
1. Main Book
2. Monsters and Animals
3. Adventures on the High Seas
After these, pick a location and start there.
Xynar
The Great Adventurer

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”