Wulfen Quatoria Mods/Improvements

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Love the FRSS, great idea, Include wireless uplinks to a variety of computer types/networks. Onboard computer systems. Video camera/voice recorder. Molecular analyzer, and restraint dispenser.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

What about a holding cell for prisoners? I've used Star Marshals as NPCs many times, and had a couple as PCs as well. I've always gone a similar route, but with a small cargo shuttle/tramp freighter type ship, and used the Stick In Your Eye as a basis for an on board AI similar to what you did with the Bullet down to the Naruni drones. I went a step further, and added a nanite repair system for both the ship, and the mechanical parts of the marshal. Nothing major can be repaired, but it is enough for emergencies, of superficial fixes.

I play the Star Marshal the same way. They need every edge they can get, and a AI partner to help watch their back is a big benefit.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
RockJock
Knight

Drug them and put then in a life preserving coffin for the trip. I like that. Makes the trip home much quieter.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

For the Quatoria himself...Tazer-punch studs in the fists....Kirilian Aura-Cam optics(hey, if the Rifts Japanese can make a PPE sensor, why can't the THree Galaxies...only smaller and cybernetic?).....Backup brain-chip...records a running record of what the Quatoria sees/senses, and subvocalized commentary; can carry several...one to op out and download for records/drone courier/transmission, another hidden somewhere in the body so your partners can find it and figure out what you did last...another in an unlikely part of the body(thigh or shoulder blade) so whatever killed you has the bright of idea of taking your spine to eliminate any brain-recorder evidence, there's still a record with your body....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
RockJock
Knight

This is bad, but I"ve had a player used a stun plate in the knees on a Japanese police borg before. It was a female undercover agent who kneed the bad guys to stun them like a Neural stick.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

RockJock wrote:This is bad, but I"ve had a player used a stun plate in the knees on a Japanese police borg before. It was a female undercover agent who kneed the bad guys to stun them like a Neural stick.

I dont see anything bad about that. But then I play shadowrun where you can have a super shock glove built into your cybernetic hands. Considerably meaner than the Neural stick too since armor only counts for half the ammount vs electricity (Though you can get eletrical resistance built in)

Honestly when it comes tot hings like Quatoria. Well.. they ultimately are borgs. As such I pretty much allow anything to be added to them. Though some stuff will obviously be well.. obvious. Like anything that needs to pop up etc at the very least would need some sort of cut in the fake skin. That or bulge out and then require the skin overlay to be ripped away ala Class of 99 movie.

Fun little thing that. Military AI robots disguised as humans become teachers, then go on a killing rampage. Hell I'll even list off the fun little weapons for you since it may strike some minor inspiration.

One of the 'teachers' had a hand that melted away to about the mid forearm point to reveal a flamethrower nozzle.

On another, instead of a flamethrower nozzle the arm bulged out at the same point, he ripped it away to reveal a mini 6 shot rotating missile launcher. I dont recall if it had spare ammo or not but the little thing would rotate around to bring a new missile to the 'top' of the arm.

Yet another had this claw thing that came out with a drill in the middle. Made some horrible pun about reaching the minds of his students as he bored into the skull of one guy.

For Phase World I'd make it at touch more advanced. The fur on the Quatoria actually works to that benifit as you wouldnt easily notice a fine cut in the 'skin'. Meaning you could actualy have a sort of removeable forearm like the mining borgs do. Eitehr behind that a weapon port, or simply allow it to attach assorted weapon arms and other things.

For additional sensory systems and such Naruni Wave 2 offers some good examples as one of those suits of armor has all sorts of 'configuarable packages' that could easily fit in a borg frame.

Anything else I'd have suggested seems to have been covered allready.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Power fails: Stasis chamber disables. Captive becomes a problem

Cryogenics: Power fails, eitehr the captive dies or slowly thaws out buying you more time.

Both would no doubt have backup power sources. Cryogenic systems certainly do. In the end, to me it would depend on the cargo. If it's a 'must be alive' type captive Stasis is likely the way to go.
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kesslan »

Hey it worked for Red Dwarf in a way.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Aw ya cheap bastard leaving out the pizza cutter and the milkshake dispencer. And i thought you wer a man of vision and dedication, phhhhe
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
taalismn
Priest

Kesslan wrote:Power fails: Stasis chamber disables. Captive becomes a problem

Cryogenics: Power fails, eitehr the captive dies or slowly thaws out buying you more time.

Both would no doubt have backup power sources. Cryogenic systems certainly do. In the end, to me it would depend on the cargo. If it's a 'must be alive' type captive Stasis is likely the way to go.

Anchor the stasis/confinement tube on the outside of the ship hidden among externally-carried gear...sure, somebody could snatch your captive from you, but it's going to be a LOT more difficult, and trying to disable your ship without slaying the prisoner(provided they aren't trying to off the bozo anyway) becomes a much iffier proposition....Plus, if your perp knows he's facing vacuum even if he slips his cuffs, unless he's suicidal, he'll stay put...

Even if the Quatoria didn't use such a system (or the variant 'seal the guy in between a much larger volume of vaccuum on an evacuated cargo deck), the TGE and other ruthless agencies would be sure to use this technique.... :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
RockJock
Knight

Ahh yes, flesh armor.

Would a Star Marshal outfit a suit of heavy armor as a combat suit? I'm talking a combat oriented suit similar to the CS borg armor, just a bigger set of standard EBA, but with a Grav Pack, Phase/OP Field, Micro Missile Launchers, Gravity Wave Sensor, etc built in?
RockJock
Knight

I'm thinking as an add on for heavy combat. At times it could help to keep the illusion of a normal Wulfen, since he was taking so much damage etc, orwhen you need EBA. The Star Marshals would definitely make use of the hand held scanners with, or without the gravity wave sensor.
RockJock
Knight

What about the tricorder type things in one of the later Phase World Books?
taalismn
Priest

Electric Moths...nanotech-constructed micromachines resembling moths or midges..release them into a room and they start rooting for surveillance gear and neutralize it...

Wish there was something comparable to Greg Bear's nanotech that you release it and it starts converting plastics and metals into another form...like a gun, escape vehicle, or military hardware...in a few minutes....Not only would that be great for covert ops but for smuggling equipment to the Free Worlds Council...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The problem with enhancing sense of smell even further is unless you have some excellent filtering software(or training) a good rich aroma can overwhelm your senses....
On the other hand, a forensics nanoswarm can produce a detailed map of all relevant chemical/DNA traces in a given area...translate it to a holo-map, and you're that much closer to reproducing the crime scene...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Nanoswarm forms a big arrow in the air..."He went THATAWAY!" :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Thses are some very cool ideals!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
RockJock
Knight

The other problem with enhancing the sense of smell is that it is hard to smell then scent while also filtering toxins and such out.
Aramanthus
Monk

And the other problem with an enhanced sense of smell, is that it is particulary vulnerable to being hit hard when there are potent smells around. Or even if the hunted uses a weapon which causes an over load to the sense of smell.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

But their going to get a wiff of some really horrible stuff before they could turn it off!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

But that still means they'll smnell it. And their sensitive nose will still temporarily overwhelmed by it.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I didn't say a body. MEK is a truly terrible thing to smell. And too have a super duper sensitive nose would stink, even for a second. And you have to remember the way the canines nose is built. The tissue is formed around this bone that spirals around in a ever tiny center. The canines have this huge area to recieve the molecules of odor it is not funny. Although it is a very cool to think about how it works.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

They would still register it before they could shut their sense of smell totally down.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

But that still means exposure to the offensive odor, even for the tiniest moment.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

And if he is tracking someone, he takes a major change of lossing them.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

THat's why you want a cyberchip controlling your vegas nerve that gives you the 'gag' reflex(or at least contributes to it...it monitors stomach acid levels)...keep you from upchucking from the olfactory hyperstimuli...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That is a great idea Taalismn! That would be one way of dealing with that problem once and for all.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

But it would help them keep on track! Literally!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Of any person or being they are tracking. It would mitigate powerful odors.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

What about special glasses with various effects that are available to cybernetic eyes?

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

But for those who don't have every little cybernetic add on. Specialized glasses could be utilized.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

as much as I hate and despise ST I guess you are right.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Please don't tell me not to hate ST! I will always loathe it! Especially with what Rick Berman did to it! Gene Roddenberry was far better to ST than RB ever was. I really hate RB!!!!

HH....FIE
Daikuma
Wanderer

Unread post by Daikuma »

taalismn wrote:THat's why you want a cyberchip controlling your vegas nerve that gives you the 'gag' reflex(or at least contributes to it...it monitors stomach acid levels)...keep you from upchucking from the olfactory hyperstimuli...

So basically, with the chip installed, What happens in your Vegas Nerve, Stays in your Vegas Nerve? 8)
taalismn
Priest

Beats being a million dollar cyborg that gets a queasy stomach and upchucks all over the place whenever he's in zero gee or gets motion-sick.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I guess that means he's house broken! Always a good thing. :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

No..that would be Recycling Nodes and Steel Bladder implants...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Well at least partially house broken.

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”