Question about Cloud Castles

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Question about Cloud Castles

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Cloud Magic (WB14)

Cloud Castles Creation Ritual

Did I miss it in the book? What would the MDC (SDC & AR) of the castle be?

----------------------------------------------------------------
"Have a Drink. I just made it in my Cauldron of Obedience." ~~MP

:D Mazorrath :D
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

it dosn't have any damage capacity. it's a cloud. any serious attack passes right though harmlessly.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

EPIC wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:it dosn't have any damage capacity. it's a cloud. any serious attack passes right though harmlessly.

what about a wind attack?

Nothing.

~Nekira.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

The only reason for asking was in the book the spell said Hard enough to walk on/solid...So, the cloud temporary displaced (at last the damaged area) then reforms??

----------------------------------------------
:D Mazorrath :D
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

it would be a logical assumeption to assume that winds can distort but not actually damage it. You might need to "repair" things if they're done in a certain way. but the cloud structure would not be destroyed by even most feirce winds.

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by NovenTheHero »

*wonders about cloud castle plumbing or if they just use porta-potties*
My Forums
Image Image
My 5 gallon batch of Traditional Mead and my 5 1 gallon batches of Melomel (Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Stawberry-Peach, and Mixed Berry)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

NovenTheHero wrote:*wonders about cloud castle plumbing or if they just use porta-potties*

maybe they just have holes that dump it out like an airplane? :D

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

I wish a little more thought was placed into the spell. Because I must ask another question. The cloud is solid and many beings can walk on the cloud. Then to reason a being could build a house of stone on the cloud. What if, any weight limit is allowed on the cloud?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If non, then a Cloudweaver/Stone Master/Line Maker/Mage and his pet mega-being familiar could create a cloud, build streets and a stone pyramid then create ley lines on the streets to run through your pyramid....and there you go, a floating pyramid in the sky :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
:twisted: Mazorrath :demon:

"Finding new ways to make easy things hard :thwak: "~Maz
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by NovenTheHero »

Mazorrath wrote:I wish a little more thought was placed into the spell. Because I must ask another question. The cloud is solid and many beings can walk on the cloud. Then to reason a being could build a house of stone on the cloud. What if, any weight limit is allowed on the cloud?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If non, then a Cloudweaver/Stone Master/Line Maker/Mage and his pet mega-being familiar could create a cloud, build streets and a stone pyramid then create ley lines on the streets to run through your pyramid....and there you go, a floating pyramid in the sky :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
:twisted: Mazorrath :demon:

Thats actually not a bad idea...use the pyramid to magically power all the houses and stuff =)
My Forums
Image Image
My 5 gallon batch of Traditional Mead and my 5 1 gallon batches of Melomel (Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Stawberry-Peach, and Mixed Berry)
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Thanks, NovenTheHero, ever now and then- I do have a good idea.

*Lets add a Force Field system and HI-Laser(Heavy) from Phase world to deter guests. :lol: *

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”