Bizarre Yet Plausible TW Items

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

A just wonderfull idea that takes the spirit of the tw concept and just multiplys it into fun. :D
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Re: Bizarre Yet Plausible TW Items

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Shrale wrote:Techno-Wizard Jet Pack

Take 2 large fire extinguishers with nozzels.
Point the nozzels down, throw in Cloud of Smoke, Fly or Fly as the Eagle if the metal & plastic
of the extinguishers causes problems; and the appropriate gemstones. Maybe add Fireblast to
really make it noisy and spectacular, sorta like the Flight: Energy power from PU1.

I love it :D Better the my TW-Flying Drum(oil type)...35 mph....yours much faster :D
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Instructions for making the ultimate TW items: Watch mythbusters. Put stats to whatever they build and write down Intended effects (ESPECIALLY the stuff that doesn't work) hand it to your gm. If he rejects it, show him the episode. Lather, rinse, repeat.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Prince Artemis wrote:Instructions for making the ultimate TW items: Watch mythbusters. Put stats to whatever they build and write down Intended effects (ESPECIALLY the stuff that doesn't work) hand it to your gm. If he rejects it, show him the episode. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Because no game is complete without a TW Chicken Launcher! :lol:
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I have taken to glancing at old comics from the 40's and 50's. Especially "super-science" themed books. They can be a great source of bizzare NPC TW items and plot devices.

One Classic, The Disintigration Gun. Simply put Time Warp: Fast Forward on it (temporal magic, in England) with energy bolt. Ok sure it wouldn't REALLY disintigrate, but it will sure LOOK that way to those who can't sense temporal disturbances. :lol:
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Aelfbeorn wrote:How about making a TW Hovercycle. Take a Tricycle (both the adult and kiddie versions) and add the Fly spell for the movement/Hover and the Globe of Daylight for the headlight.

And tassels on the handle bars! Gotta have sparkly tassels! :D
Carl

shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

oh cool .. now my TW has more ideas to try to cobble together ... she's first level .. and is in a space game .. so yeah .. she'll be needing all the help she can get .. thanks guys
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

shiiv-a wrote:oh cool .. now my TW has more ideas to try to cobble together ... she's first level .. and is in a space game .. so yeah .. she'll be needing all the help she can get .. thanks guys

A space themed TW you say? :D
Helmets with Breathe without air is an obvious choice.
If your dealing with a lot of robots may suggest a laser pistol style weapon with negate mechanics and energy bolt (imagine this on a space ship scale)?
Carl

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

EPIC wrote:TW Clothes of Invisibility ...
when you wear this peculiar item (can be of any type of clothes, typically cloaks or long jackets) you can make yourself invisible as per the spell. it can be used an unlimited number of times per day, costs no PPE and has a duration that lasts for as long as no one is watching you.

Sounds like someone from the movie Mystery Men.

How about

TW Clothes of Blending In
Using a varient of the chamillion spell, these clothes change their shape and color to blend in the crowd that the TW is walking through. Due to the suddle nature of the magic, it adds a penilty of -4 to perception checks or adds +20% to impersonate genral populuse rolls.

The cursed vertion of these closed are called clothes of blending. Doing 1d6x20 damage (sd or MD) per melee while worn.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

asajosh wrote:A space themed TW you say? :D
If your dealing with a lot of robots may suggest a laser pistol style weapon with negate mechanics and energy bolt (imagine this on a space ship scale)?

*blinks*

LOL .. NEVER thought of the helmet at all ... so obvious it vanished from my thoughts

lets see ... she has one of the long crystal wands to act as an 'image' recorder ... and working on a small version of the TW Glider ... but more for a cub that wants to 'play' a bit longer ... kinda like a skate board ... not fully worked out IN the game .. but hey .. thats the plan ...
one problem ... she doesn't have 'float' ... so she's gonna try it with 'levitation' instead ...
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

shiiv-a wrote:

*blinks*

LOL .. NEVER thought of the helmet at all ... so obvious it vanished from my thoughts

lets see ... she has one of the long crystal wands to act as an 'image' recorder ... and working on a small version of the TW Glider ... but more for a cub that wants to 'play' a bit longer ... kinda like a skate board ... not fully worked out IN the game .. but hey .. thats the plan ...
one problem ... she doesn't have 'float' ... so she's gonna try it with 'levitation' instead ...

Why not simply use Fly?
Oh and I'll go you one better then Breathe w/o Air... A space suit with Sustain on it! Level 1 equals 24 hrs without need for food, water, air. :D
Carl

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

shiiv-a wrote:

*blinks*

Tw Glider...Nope, go for Tw Flying Reclining Chair. Fly in style and comfort :D :ok: :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

asajosh wrote:Why not simply use Fly?
....snip

Becasue the fly spell has some limitations built into it that would pre-clude it from being attrached to a space suit. A Space suit should still function as a TW space suit even if discharged.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
....snip

Becasue the fly spell has some limitations built into it that would pre-clude it from being attrached to a space suit. A Space suit should still function as a TW space suit even if discharged.

Don't you mean "A TW spacesuit should still work as a spacesuit even if discharged"...?
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
....snip

While its true that having a backup system is important (critical in space) putting a CG pack in there kinda defeats the purpose of a TW oriented ssystem. Besides which, no one is talking about making a TW space suit out of regular street clothes, I hope :shock: . I can only assume these will be modifications to an existing space suit (space worthy by default). :D

Did you read the part about the helmet (or whole suit) with Sustain? Once cast (at level one) you get 24 hours of no need to breathe. Also good for escape pods now that I think about it, at a higher level of proficency.

And lastly, a space suit fits perfectly well into the size parameters of the Fly spell (6x6 feet, or 36 square feet), even tho the use of Fly was going to be on a skateboard like object in this case (read above).
Carl

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Those are some cool ideas! I'll have to think of something and post it here!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Thinyser wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
....snip

Don't you mean "A TW spacesuit should still work as a spacesuit even if discharged"...?

Discharged....ahhh..running out of power, antimagic sphere, etc......

You are in space and if your magical protection fails.......
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
....snip

Don't you mean "A TW spacesuit should still work as a spacesuit even if discharged" ...?

Did you read what I wrote or did you just see "discharged...?" and give a lippy answer? :-?

You said
A Space suit should still function as a TW space suit even if discharged
Which makes no sense. How would a non TW space suit (ie "a spacesuit") function as a TW spacesuit at all...
you need to reorder the phrase so that it says what I said...

"A TW spacesuit should still work as a spacesuit even if discharged"
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
....snip

Okies again I agree that backups are important; but ya cant make a cloud of *anything* in space :P
Carl

shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

congratz guys ... you sorta derailed the topic

.. anyways .. i realized that even Levitate wont work ... i DONT got that one either ... soooo ... i guess its gonna be one of those items of 'nice idea but not plausible .. YET'

but i am not deterred .. i may not get to make it yet .. BUT that is not gonna be the case forever. .. now i just need to find a way to turn 5100 creds into something about 100 times that amount to buy spells and supplies and such .... any ideas?

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

shiiv-a wrote:congratz guys ... you sorta derailed the topic

.. anyways .. i realized that even Levitate wont work ... i DONT got that one either ... soooo ... i guess its gonna be one of those items of 'nice idea but not plausible .. YET'

but i am not deterred .. i may not get to make it yet .. BUT that is not gonna be the case forever. .. now i just need to find a way to turn 5100 creds into something about 100 times that amount to buy spells and supplies and such .... any ideas?

Wait you want us to figure out ways to make money and WE de-reailed the topic?

What spells do you have handy? Do you have access to any assistants with spells you do not have?
At low levels you probobly won't be able to make anything worth selling for any decent amount of money. May I suggest constructing a device to aid in a robbery? :D
Carl

shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

LOL ... the char is first level ... has ONLY the starting spells ... and will be entering her second day of gaming tomorrow.

she made a really cool item and had the GM laughing about it when i described it to him ... sorry .. but its in use in a game now .. and i can't post it here .. yet .. but it is funny

and creating something to assist in a robbery? .. i'm sure the thieves would drop it just to nail her pretty hide to hte wall .. [wolven TW .. ]

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

The robbery was just a thought :)
GL with the wolfen TW today.
TWs can learn spells at any time from scrolls and such. You just may have to rely on your purely techno skills for a while (fixing weapons and vehicles and such) untill you can learn some more spells. Any town you visit I'd suggest finding the magic users and learning all you can. TWs are kinda weak at low levels, but properly trained they can get hard core at highter levels. :ok:
Carl

shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

thats what i was informed of ...

sadly ... the GM's comp provider is being a ************ [pardon me] .. and i have to wait till next week before doing stuff .. BUT at least i can sit back and think and design a bunch of stuff first ... and THEN see if it will work ... figured out today that i need to pump in 180 PPE to use my TK spell on myself ... [char weighs 450] ... man was i heart broken at that ...

oh well .. things you DONT think about when you design something new and off the wall a little

shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

ell .. sadly .. a lack of funds provided me with the reason for not continuing along that line of TW creation ...

it would have been something similar to a skateboard .. usable i guess in a situation where there's no Gravity or if the char in question is plummeting down a cliff and needs to jump-start the item

so, thus ends that one, but i do have many more, i just need to figure them out first. back to the old drawing board then ..

Aramanthus
Monk

Just have your character take their time. We can be patient.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

simply put ... 'sticky boots' ...
boots with CoA cast upon them with the addition of waires and such and *hopes for a 10% trickle rate* .. to last 10 times as long ... for 100 rounds ... 25 minutes .. thats cool huh? ... enough to hold the 450 pound beastie to the ceiling ..

well that's the plan .. now to see IF it worked out ... =p ... *needs to wait till sunday for it to MAYBE work out the right way

Aramanthus
Monk

That is a cool idea Shiiv-a!

HH....FIE
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

shiiv-a wrote:simply put ... 'sticky boots' ...
boots with CoA cast upon them with the addition of waires and such and *hopes for a 10% trickle rate* .. to last 10 times as long ... for 100 rounds ... 25 minutes .. thats cool huh? ... enough to hold the 450 pound beastie to the ceiling ..

well that's the plan .. now to see IF it worked out ... =p ... *needs to wait till sunday for it to MAYBE work out the right way

That is good :D
I had a TW Ninja once who modded out his armor with a version of your sticky boots. He used them to help scale walls and the like (boots that adhere and clawed fingers to help pull him up). Your on your way :ok:
Carl

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

That IS a cool spell, I never woulda thought of Spacial Magic.
The only drawback I see is the duration; 2 melees per level of caster is not very long. I'd hate to be running up 10 floors on the outside of a tall building and run out of time :? I suggest adding Superhuman Speed to the mix to compensate.
Carl

Aramanthus
Monk

That makes a lot of sense Gadrin! You always have those little tidbits of knowledge to throw in all of the time.

HH....FIE
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

gadrin wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:That makes a lot of sense Gadrin! You always have those little tidbits of knowledge to throw in all of the time.

I've had NPCs with magic boots from those things.

I simply ignore the "spell duration" and make it something reasonable.

As do I sometimes. I try to make a mathematical justification (half spell damage for double duration, as an example).
Carl

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

In fact, this thread got me to thinking, so heres some "Super Boots"

Super Sliders
TW Boots designed for easy movement in an urban setting

Intended for city dwellers, this device is a superior choice for pedestrian commuters. A combination of spells not only allows the wearer to glide silently along any surface (including water/liquids) at speeds up to 50mph, he can even travel in all three dimensions as if any surface were “down”! The wearer can dart up a wall and across the ceiling as if it were the ground, sacrificing no speed. This makes it very easy to navigate crowded walkways simply by moving along the underside or along a wall.

Spells Needed (Standard PPE cost)
Ignore 3D Constraint (12)
Skate (12)
Skate in Air (20)
Cast at 6th level proficiency

Gems Needed
8 carats of diamonds
4 carats of smoky quartz

Physical Components
High quality MDC walking boots
Gold wire woven into the inner sole of the boot joining the stones

The Spell Chain
Channeling the PPE, the user will rise slightly off the ground (about 2 inches) and be able to move along any surface as if wearing inline skates. The boots also grant the wearer the ability to skate with a skill of +80% (skill as described in Chaos Earth Rise of Magic). The effect lasts 2 hours per casting or can be cancelled at any time. Note that the fatigue rate is half that of normal.

PPE Cost to Construct
660 PPE

Activation Cost
33 PPE

Construction Time
396 hours

Construction Cost*
39,600 credits + the cost of gems

*This figure reflects the formula from RUE, but I dont think a formula for material cost based on PPE expenditure is logical, so in my game the Construction cost will be for parts only and probably come to no more then a few thousand credits + gem cost. All you REALLY need are some high quality boots, some wire and gems.
Carl

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

asajosh wrote:In fact, this thread got me to thinking, so heres some "Super Boots"

Super Sliders
TW Boots designed for easy movement in an urban setting

Intended for city dwellers, this device is a superior choice for pedestrian commuters. A combination of spells not only allows the wearer to glide silently along any surface (including water/liquids) at speeds up to 50mph, he can even travel in all three dimensions as if any surface were “down”! The wearer can dart up a wall and across the ceiling as if it were the ground, sacrificing no speed. This makes it very easy to navigate crowded walkways simply by moving along the underside or along a wall.

Spells Needed (Standard PPE cost)
Ignore 3D Constraint (12)
Skate (12)
Skate in Air (20)
Cast at 6th level proficiency

...snip

You would need a Kid Wizard to get these spells for the boots. They are quite rare in the current rifts timeline.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
You would need a Kid Wizard to get these spells for the boots. They are quite rare in the current rifts timeline.

Ya ya I know TECHNICALLY, but its the thought that counts. And as KS himself says, "Rifts is limited only by your imagination." ;)

If yer gonna be a stickler tho, just change the Skate spells to Superhuman Speed nad now you can RUN up and down walls instead of skate. Same thing, but the skating would be more fun :D
Carl

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

It would be the SNPS spell (for some reason they call it superhuman PS in rifts *shrugs*) and the Modified CoA spell in the HUGG., to walk on the sides of buildings.

For flying....it would be Fly as the E, attached to winged boots....or the rocket boots in JU. Or maybe the winged flight spell, sprouting wings from the boots they are attached to.

But yah..if your TW made freinds with a kid wizard with those spells it would work.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:But yah..if your TW made freinds with a kid wizard with those spells it would work.

Besides, Ignore 3D Constraint is a Spatial Magic spell from one of the early Rifters. ;)

Hey yer making spells to allow turn people into whales, why can't Chaos magic be re-discovered? hehe :D
Carl

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

asajosh wrote:
Besides, Ignore 3D Constraint is a Spatial Magic spell from one of the early Rifters. ;)

Hey yer making spells to allow turn people into whales, why can't Chaos magic be re-discovered? hehe :D

oh my...you picked spells from two sets of specilty mages.

Kid wizards are some of the precuresers to the Rifts era Mystics, so to 'rediscover' the Kid wizard class the char would have to be born to order.
And Spatial magic is only avalable to Spatial Mages.

So you need to make friends with two of the rarest of the rare of mages that are out there. :D
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
asajosh wrote:

oh my...you picked spells from two sets of specilty mages.

Kid wizards are some of the precuresers to the Rifts era Mystics, so to 'rediscover' the Kid wizard class the char would have to be born to order.
And Spatial magic is only avalable to Spatial Mages.

So you need to make friends with two of the rarest of the rare of mages that are out there. :D

But its POSSIBLE! :D
It all depends on my GM, he sometimes allows TWs to start out with unusual items as long as they are not to powerful or otherwise unbalancing.
Carl

shiiv-a
Adventurer

Unread post by shiiv-a »

cause .... they forgot its a 'wheel' .. and they need to come up with a new name? ..

kidding aside i still think its a cool idea. but i think i'll work on the ohter one i had in mind as well, gotta use them train tracks somehow in rifts if you wanna save yerself the price of a ticket

:-P

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Semisonic9 wrote:Is...there a reason you can't achieve similar effects with other spells? Why are we "re-inventing the wheel" here?

~Semi

Well I was thinking of just using a modified form of Fly to get the "hovering" effect, but Skate in Air was more to my liking. Again if people don't wanna use Chaos magic (or tyour GM won't allow it), just use Superhuman Speed and Ignore 3D Constraint. Its not as flashy but it will have a similar net effect.
Carl

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Security Blankets
LINNUS--Living Intervention Neural-Network Universal Symbiote

“My blue blanket...give me back my blue blanket!”
---_The Producers_

The original concept was actually quite simple and useful...a biogenetically-tailored living wrapping that could be drapped around an accident victim and used to provide both
The orgamism is activated by body heat and ambient PPE, and goes to work immediately with low-level empathic projections that calm a distraught and traumatized person, keeping them from going into shock, and jump-starting the body’s own healing mechanisms. Megadamage ‘smart’ fabric interwoven with the organism provides additional protection from the elements and other dangers. The organism is kept alive by small amounts of body heat and moisture, but can be removed from a patient, cleaned( a nutrient supplement is added as part of the cleaning process), folded, freeze-dried into dormancy, and stored for re-use. The LINNUS works on most sentient beings(hence the ‘Universal’ part of its name). Since its introduction, the LINNUS has become an invaluable part of paramedics’, EMTs’, and first-responders’ meddical kits for stabilizing and calming crisis survivors.
The UWW has its own version of the LINNUS that incorporates magic properties into its fabric, making it even more useful. It is woven with a blend of stablized ectoplasmic yarn, enhancing its mystic properties. One of the most useful properties of the UWW version is that it seems to have an aversion effect for most supernatural monsters. keeping them at bay(and likely to seek easier prey)...UWW thaumaubiologists are at a loss how this came to be, but theor colleagues with kids simply explained to them; “Well, d’uh! It’s a SECURITY blanket!”.
Because of their expertise with biological organisms, it is rumored that the Splugorth have also copied this, and have their own version...of course, some of the tales of what the Splugorth have REALLY done with the innocuous LINNUS concept border on nightmarish(evil grin).

Appearance: A fluffy pink or light blue blanket, roughly 3-6 ft square. It comes folded in a plastic foil wrapper.
MDC: A typical LINUS will have 4d6 MDC
Special Properties:
*Thermal Protection---Can handle temperatures up to 200 degrees centigrade and down to -20 degrees centigrade
Bonuses:
+10 save vs Coma/Death
+5 to save versus Insanity
+5 to save versus Possession
Psionics:
*Empathic Projection-Love/Peacefulness(Contact)(No cost)
Magic:(UWW Version)
Four times per day, 20 minute duration)
*Breath Without Air
*Impervious to Fire
*Impervious to Cold
*Light Healing
*Cure Minor Disorders
*Sheltering Force
*Energy Field(6 minutes per use)
*Circle of Protection(Permanent)
Risks: Unfortunately, over-use of a LINNUS can result in dependence and addiction; Make a roll versus ME for extended use(over a week of continuous use) . Failure means the person has fixated on the security blanket and will become increasingly agitated if deprived of it; sleeplessness, bouts of depression, and general lassitude set in, similar to a Crazy’s Object of Power fixation. Extreme cases of addiction are also possible, in which the security-addict cannot go ANYWHERE without having the blanket nearby or on their person. Extended use of a LINNUS is therefore reommended only under the supervision of a doctor or psychiatrist/crisis counselor.
Cost: 8,000 credits for the standard weave, 25,000 credits for the UWW version;
Priceless for those who become dependent on them.

Spirit Vaccum
“Well, you see it stands to reason that by creating a null space devoid of negative PPE immediately adjacent to the possessing entity, a ‘spirit vaccum’ if you would, it should be possible to draw the entity by its negative karma components into the vaccum, and contain it.
Now, you see what appears to be an ordinary vaccum cleaner before you, and
Well, the vaccum bag is in reality where our ‘spirit vaccum’ is generated, and the hose, which is inserted into a convenient bodily orifice of the possessed creature, is the guidepath for the entity being withdrawn...”
“Umm,’convenient bodily orifice’?.....”
“Yes! To be truly effective the device has to have direct access to the possessing entity...otherwise it will just suck ambient PPE and the entity will just continue to hide in the victim...”
(Whisper)”Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”
“Yeah...we could get sued for this...”
Paladin Steel Magic Division proposal meeting

“Develop it”
_Memo, from the desk of the President, Paladin Steel.

“So this demon’s name is Yuarisla, eh?”
“Yeah, nasty water-based demon-entity...not going to be easy. Sure we can deal with it?”
“This sucker’s a shop-vac, it will pick up just about anything!”

“I don’t know who was screaming more, the entity or the possessee! Are you SURE that’s how you’re supposed to use this thing?”
“Sez right here in the operating manual. “Place Suction Aperature near on on Bodily Orifice for Best Results.’ ”
“We’re gon’ get sued over this, aint we?”

The Spirit Vaccum is the latest in a line of TechnoWizard tools designed to combat ghosts, apparitions, and possessing entities, Simply put, the Spirit Vaccum syphons a demonic spirit out of the possessed person’s body, without harm(though users have noted some ...no, make that CONSIDERABLE....discomfort, from having a vaccum cleanerr rammed down their throat). The Vaccum creates, according to the psuedo-scientific gobbledy-gook spouted by the TechnoWizards, a ‘null zone’ of karma particles, into which the negative karma associated with supernatural evil entities is drawn, being harmlessly seperated from the ‘positive karma’ signatures of the possessed person. The entity is then confined in a temporary ‘holding’ area(the dust bin/bag) while its energies are dissipated or slowly bled back into the nega-space from whence the entity originated. The use of the bag prevents the entity from escaping and re-possessing its original victim, or grabbing someone else in the immediate vicinity, before the horrid thing can be disposed of.
At least, that’s how its _supposed_ to work.
Because of the power of the SV, the Vaccum-exorcism counts as a Ritual for purposes of the entity’s saving throw(16 or better) to prevent itself from being drawn out. The SV also must be in _physical contact_ with the victim, preferably in or near a body openning/orifice(mouth, nostrils, ears, etc...).
Of course, the problem now exists that the exorcists have a malign, and most likely very annoyed, entity trapped in a vaccum bag, trying to get out. At this point it’s a wise idea to have a containment pentagram, Banishment spell, or a lot of heavy artillery standing by in the event the thing gets loose.
Once forced out, the entity will find itself trapped in the dust bin/bag for 1d4 melees, during which the entity may attempt to escape(again, by rolling a 16 or better....it may do so once per melee). At the end of 1d4 melees, the entity is(roll percentile):
01-52% Banished back to its home dimension.
53-00% Forced out of the area for 6 months, identical to the original
exorcism spell.

Besides being good at separating possessing entities from their victims, the SV has also proven effective at de-toxing alcoholics, drug addicts, and poisoning victims, and, incidently, works against the Nightbane Talent: Infectious Blood. It also does a great job of picking up dirt and grime...it is also one of the few devices capable of dealing with Dust Bunnies. Things it is NOT effective against are magic toxins and people who have willingly allowed themselves to be possessed by evil entities, such as Shifters or Witches.
The Spirit Vaccum can be constructed with just about any sort of vaccum cleaner with a hose attachment. Techno-Wizards claim that the best results come from using a reconstructed pre-Rifts vaccum cleaner, but there is no hard evidence to suggest that performance is in any way affected by the age or authenticity of the components used.
The SV is very attractive to horror-hunters and exorcists because the system is, beyond its rather steep initial cost, relatively easy to use, uses less PPE per use, and can be used by anyone with enough PPE to trigger the device.

Effects/Bonuses: Original victim is +12 to save versus re-possession.
SV operator is +6 to save vs possession as long as he/she is holding on to the SV.
Materials Required: Vaccum cleaner(preferably a restored pre-Rifts model) with hose attachments. One large emerald worth 7,000 credits , silver wire worth 1,000 credits, and 500 credits worth of miscellaneous electrical components
Spells Required: Life Drain(25), Exorcism(30), Negate Poison/Toxin(5), Constrain Being(20), Call Lightning(15)
PPE Required to Construct: 450 PPE
Time : 90 hours
PPE to Use: 15 PPE per use
Black Market Cost: 150,000 credits
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

"I am PIGPEN, Demon of Filthhhhh!!!!!!"
"Oh, this is going to be easy..."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Those are some cool ideas!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Now those might be interesting to use the resurrection one on something dead just to see the effects. 8)

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

But you'd think it might be able to either kill out right a vampire or else bring it back to life! I suppose it'd be up to GM discretion.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I think it would either restore the vampire to human formor kill it out right.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Yeah, vampiric bunnies would be an interesting sight from within your PA or vehicle.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Just make sure to count to 3 before you toss it. Not 2 and 4 is right out! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Are they TW robots? That is very funny! That would be one I'd love to see my players try to pull off.

HH....FIE

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”