Robot RCC and Transfered Intelligence

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

asajosh
Hero

Robot RCC and Transfered Intelligence

Unread post by asajosh »

1. You make a Robot RCC using the creation rules in Sourcebook 1.
2. The robot is a Transferred Intelligence.
3. For argument's sake, the TI in question was a practitioner of magic.

Since the TI Robot has PPE, an aura, mental stats (IQ, ME, MA) and all that jazz, can it continue to practice magic or use TW items? :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Robot RCC and Transfered Intelligence

Unread post by The Beast »

asajosh wrote:1. You make a Robot RCC using the creation rules in Sourcebook 1.
2. The robot is a Transferred Intelligence.
3. For argument's sake, the TI in question was a practitioner of magic.

Since the TI Robot has PPE, an aura, mental stats (IQ, ME, MA) and all that jazz, can it continue to practice magic or use TW items? :D

IIRC, the answer is no for continuing to practice magic, because the majority of PPE is lost. Might be able to cast very low PPE spells and use low PPE TW items, but not much else. I don't have the new SB1 so I don't know if they expanded on this RCC or not.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Blast never mind, I was reading original SB1 when I posted the question. In there they just say "transfer of essence, ISP and PPE carried over, etc". Glancing through the REVISED SB1, they taclke this with phrase "the robot has minimal PPE, but never enough to cast a spell with..." Sigh.. oh well they can have psionics. :D
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

gadrin wrote:
asajosh wrote:Blast never mind, I was reading original SB1 when I posted the question. In there they just say "transfer of essence, ISP and PPE carried over, etc". Glancing through the REVISED SB1, they taclke this with phrase "the robot has minimal PPE, but never enough to cast a spell with..." Sigh.. oh well they can have psionics. :D

unless of course, it's an NPC :P

hehe, as a GM I only like to exploit the grey areas not re-write or ignore canon. :D
Carl

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

asajosh wrote:Blast never mind, I was reading original SB1 when I posted the question. In there they just say "transfer of essence, ISP and PPE carried over, etc". Glancing through the REVISED SB1, they taclke this with phrase "the robot has minimal PPE, but never enough to cast a spell with..." Sigh.. oh well they can have psionics. :D

So... that means they have zero PPE? Aren't there spells out there that only require 1 point of it? :?

This moment of confusion brought to you by your friends at Palladium Books.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

The Beast wrote:

So... that means they have zero PPE? Aren't there spells out there that only require 1 point of it? :?

I think the point the writers are trying to get across with that passage is that no, robots can't cast spells, but they can have limited psionics. In any case thats how the revised sourcebook one reads to me (and my GM has a copy as well, so no slipping it past him). Besides, metals and artificial materials and such have a detrimental effect on magic in the Palladium system, thats why mages cannot cast inside power armor, etc. I thought I had found a loop hole in the original SB one at the time of my original post, but they corked it in the revision. Oh well, another one into the "No Go" pile :D
Carl

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:I'm not entirely sure how my GM worked it but I actually play a character with the RCC Machine Person who was recreated by the Tower In The Center Of The Megaverse. AKA "The Cosmic Forge" Apparently all creatures remade or resurected or whatever by the cosmic forge automaticly become cosmo knights.

:shock: Thats... actually a pretty good work around... I mean, the Forge wouldn't take a Machine Man and make him into a "Flesh" Cosmo-Knight would it? It would keep said Machine Man its inorganic self like the rest of it's kind... right? :? I gotta look that up, if Machine People can become Cosmo Knights. Sounds good on its surface, unless prohibited by canon.
Um, in point of fact there is nothing automatic about the creation of a Cosmoknight. If you have access to Phase World (Dimension Book 2) its a good read.

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Also when this character is hit with any energy or PPE based attack, he automaticly absorbs it and can even learn the spell he was hit with if he spends a slot at level. As a bonus feature he learns and casts spells as SKILLS. I'll ask him and come back and explain it when I can.

Ya lost me here. Sounds like your GM took some Phase World material from here and there and spun up a uniqe NPC. No problems with that but I was trying to make a player character so rule bending is a no no. Thanks for the input, Im off to look up that Machine Man Cosmo Knight business now :D
Carl

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Okies no Supernatural critters or Prometheans... Anyone else can be a Cosmo-Knight... Opens the door for a fallen knight machine man caster!
Word.
:ok:
Carl

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Actually, the machine person in question is my longest running PC in the palladium megaverse. I basicly built him like mega man with transformer capabilities.

Sounds like your group plays a higher power campaign then mine is into right now (in Phase World, you almost have to). We follow a more strict interpretation of the rules, hence I'm left to scrampble and find loop holes :)
Carl

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:By the way I checked with my GM on what my macine person uses to absorb energy and magic attacks. He uses Energy Field. Apparently my GM ruled that I could use it to absorb energy and magic and I just went with it.

Hey if it works for you and your group, rock on! :ok:
Carl

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

asajosh wrote:
The Beast wrote:

I think the point the writers are trying to get across with that passage is that no, robots can't cast spells, but they can have limited psionics. In any case thats how the revised sourcebook one reads to me (and my GM has a copy as well, so no slipping it past him). Besides, metals and artificial materials and such have a detrimental effect on magic in the Palladium system, thats why mages cannot cast inside power armor, etc. I thought I had found a loop hole in the original SB one at the time of my original post, but they corked it in the revision. Oh well, another one into the "No Go" pile :D

Make an Ex-Mind Melter or Ex-Cyber-Knight instead... ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Gravitus Everlast wrote:I'm not entirely sure how my GM worked it but I actually play a character with the RCC Machine Person who was recreated by the Tower In The Center Of The Megaverse. AKA "The Cosmic Forge" Apparently all creatures remade or resurected or whatever by the cosmic forge automaticly become cosmo knights. Point is, the character legally without changing any rules ended up with over 3000 PPE and that's after spending over 300 permanent PPE to get wepon upgrades. Also when this character is hit with any energy or PPE based attack, he automaticly absorbs it and can even learn the spell he was hit with if he spends a slot at level. As a bonus feature he learns and casts spells as SKILLS. I'll ask him and come back and explain it when I can.

WHAT ?!!?

Ok, this sounds like BS...
First Off Cosmo-Knights do not have that much PPE.
Second they can NOT absorb PPE Based attacks or then learn the spell used against them.

Cosmo-Knights are VULNERABLE to Magic without exception.
Being remade into a Cosmo Knight means you forfit all Race/ex-OCC-Pcc traits. Gaining the Cosmo-Knight Powers and Abilities instead.
All Cosmo-Knights appear (outwardly) to be a member of their Former race until they summon their Cosmo-Armor.

Your GM (maybe You too) made a Homebew Alteration to the Cosmo-Knights to do any of that.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

asajosh wrote:
Gravitus Everlast wrote:I'm not entirely sure how my GM worked it but I actually play a character with the RCC Machine Person who was recreated by the Tower In The Center Of The Megaverse. AKA "The Cosmic Forge" Apparently all creatures remade or resurected or whatever by the cosmic forge automaticly become cosmo knights.

:shock: Thats... actually a pretty good work around... I mean, the Forge wouldn't take a Machine Man and make him into a "Flesh" Cosmo-Knight would it? It would keep said Machine Man its inorganic self like the rest of it's kind... right? :? I gotta look that up, if Machine People can become Cosmo Knights. Sounds good on its surface, unless prohibited by canon.
Um, in point of fact there is nothing automatic about the creation of a Cosmoknight. If you have access to Phase World (Dimension Book 2) its a good read.

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Also when this character is hit with any energy or PPE based attack, he automaticly absorbs it and can even learn the spell he was hit with if he spends a slot at level. As a bonus feature he learns and casts spells as SKILLS. I'll ask him and come back and explain it when I can.

Ya lost me here. Sounds like your GM took some Phase World material from here and there and spun up a uniqe NPC. No problems with that but I was trying to make a player character so rule bending is a no no. Thanks for the input, Im off to look up that Machine Man Cosmo Knight business now :D

It is also 100% not Legal, and just a Homebew.
Cosmo-Knights cannot do any of what he listed.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

Gravitus Everlast wrote:By the way I checked with my GM on what my macine person uses to absorb energy and magic attacks. He uses Energy Field. Apparently my GM ruled that I could use it to absorb energy and magic and I just went with it.

Yeah not 100% Legal by the rules... :lol:

Gravitus Everlast wrote:The machine person I was playing was being played in an HU setting, but we were playing the legion of doom. At this point in that world, mine and one other player's are the only two that are still alive and don't have a price on our heads. Which is funny cause now I run him as a bounty hunter/ space pirate. Every time I go to center to check bounties I always check for my own... still don't have one... sad...

What ?!?!?
Are you still of a "Good" Alignment at least.
Bounty Hunters/Pirates in general are not known for being "Good" but instead "Selfish" or "Evil".
If your not of a good alignment your not suppose to be a Cosmo-Knight anymore...You would be a Fallen Knight instead.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

asajosh wrote:Okies no Supernatural critters or Prometheans... Anyone else can be a Cosmo-Knight... Opens the door for a fallen knight machine man caster!
Word.

Actually, if I recall correctly, it says something about supernatural beings usually aren't picked to be CKs - not that they flat out can't.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

TechnoGothic wrote:
asajosh wrote:

It is also 100% not Legal, and just a Homebew.
Cosmo-Knights cannot do any of what he listed.

I know that! :)
I meant the MAchine Man becoming a CK was a good work around, especially when pahse workd does not exclude Machine Men based on their mechanical nature. Thats a Canonical Grey Area at best.
Anyway, my GM ruled on it and don't like it (MM becoming a CK, then to fall, so he can have PPE). Oh well. :)
Carl

Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

Getting back to the original topic: I would not allow TI robots who were spell casters to cast spells but they would retain their knowledge of how magic works and could if needed lead a ritual but they could not be the PPE focus for the ritual.

I had a TI character and all he had were some minor Psi-powers left.
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Steve President George W. Bush wrote:
asajosh wrote:Okies no Supernatural critters or Prometheans... Anyone else can be a Cosmo-Knight... Opens the door for a fallen knight machine man caster!
Word.

Actually, if I recall correctly, it says something about supernatural beings usually aren't picked to be CKs - not that they flat out can't.

Sorry Steve, in Phaseworld it says flat out no supernatural critters and no Prometheans.
Carl

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”