Most Awsome power Armor in Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Most Awsome power Armor in Rifts

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

what is the most awsome power armor in rifts

For me its the classic gliter boy what is it for you guys?
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

X-10 Predator purely from a strategic point of view. Unlimited mobility with unlimited firepower.
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

I've always like the Kittani Serpent Armor, m'self.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Don't know if you want Phase World included here but if it is, nothing can compare to the Silverhawk Attack Exoskeleton. It flies at speeds that make Samas envious and does damage that the Glitter Boy could only dream of. Not to mention it has pretty decent MDC and the versatility offered by force field disruptors and it's stealth system are legendary.
AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

I like the Republican SAMAS. It just looks awesome. 2nd place for me would be the classic CS SAMAS. I like it's look better than the newer ones.

Yes, I know, I have a thing for SAMAS PA. :oops:
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

USA-G14 Glitter Boy from Mutants In Orbit. For when a standard-issue boom gun JUST ISN'T ENOUGH.

Other than that, I'd totally have to second the Jager. Versatile, agile as all heck, awesome gun mount options, and it just looks hella cool.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Nothing beats the PA-300 Glitter Boy Killer. Though obviously nerfed the hell out of by Kev da Man, (which is why I made a PA-301 next gen version), it's still a force to be rekoned with. And cosmetically, it just plain looks wicked mean. :twisted:
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

I kinda like the SA Glitterboy with the chain gun...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Ive always liked the original NG Samson PA. Affordable, decent damage (even with power creap, the rail gun can hang). Cant fly, but it sure can RUN!

On a side note, if it has a Reinforced Pilots Compartment, I consider it a bot (Glitter Boy, Ulti-Max, ect...)
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Either the Avenger or the Glitter Boy Killer.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

I would have to say the Avenger for pure munchkiny goodness :D and the classic Glitterboy for... its... um... classicness...
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

I'm going with Alejandro on this one: the standard Jager.

All around beast, and it is easily adaptable too.

~ Josh
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I like the USA G-10 Glitterboy and it's line as my all time favorite! But I like the Triax Super Trooper PA as my second favorite PA. And the Avenver is my 3rd favorite.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

The Japanese Grenadier is a bit of a monster.
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

Giant2005 wrote:The Japanese Grenadier is a bit of a monster.

I forgot about this one...

And you're right...it's pretty freakin' monstrous...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Exiled_one
Wanderer

Unread post by Exiled_one »

I'd have to also put my vote in for the Jaegar, but it only just about edges out FQ's Violator and the Sidewinder SAMAS suits

But I also like Naruni's Sun chariot, the SA Blood Lizard, The Titan Footman and the Republicans new Glitter Boy....Do I HAVE to pick just one?
Aramanthus
Monk

I forgot about the Violator SAMAS! I like that one too!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I like the Flying Titan PA. Simple and badass.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Aramanthus
Monk

That is a cool one!!

HH....FIE
teulisch
Explorer

Unread post by teulisch »

in terms of power armor, im a fan of the triax Ulti-max. gotta love that forcefeild.
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

After looking at all of these posts about the Jaeger, I had to look over Triax again. Then I happened across the new modules in the Rifter (can't remember which one off the top of my head). I will officially have to change my answer to the Jaeger with the melee package on all the time and that switches back and forth between the flak cannon and the ion cannon. I didn't fully comprehend the versatility of this PA. If you had warning of an attack and the proper module, you can be prepared to fill pretty much any role in a fight.

Batman would choose the Jaeger :)
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

I like the Jaeger PA because of the versatility. It even has SDC weapons so I don't need to get an operator to add some. As for the modules... Just the basic suit is enough for me. As far as North America goes, however, the chances of getting ones hands on a Jaeger are pretty low, not to mention the modules. I'd have to find a Leyline Walker to open a few Rifts to the right places, and that is about as risky as flying a airplane over our modern day Bermuda Triangle. :-(

Oh, and btw the Hunter series are robot vehicles according to Triax and the NGR.

As far as POWER ARMOR goes, I like the Titan Footman and the Defender Power Armor. Titan Footman I like because it is a unique styling, you get free repairs from any Titan Robotics repair facility, and it's got a nice payload of mini-missiles. I like the defender because the suits payload is very adaptable and it is capable of non-lethal assault measures.
I'm also partial to the Defender PA because it is one of the first PA I ever used against the Xiticix, and by replacing the stun gun with a WI Flamethrower hooked up to the suits nuke plant, it makes taking down hordes of bugs easy. Not to mention clearing hatcheries of eggs and Nits is pretty fast and easy using the weapon.

P.S. I've always had a problem with how much damage the SDC weapons do on the Hunter. A rapid-fire gun that does only 3d6 sdc on a burst of 15 rounds? A bloody .45 caliber bullet does 4d6 sdc per SHOT and that is a pistol round. Considering they are supposed to be SDC guns that fit in the head, I assume they either fire pistol ammo or assault rifle ammo (going to assume the later).
Assuming it fires 5.56mm NATO, the head guns should be doing 4d6x5 damage on a 15 shot burst and 4d6x10 on a full burst. Yup, it's a lot of damage. Enough to inflict minor mega damage on a full burst and more then capable of stopping SDC targets in their tracks.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Mikado. Hands down.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Lord_Coake wrote:
teulisch wrote:in terms of power armor, im a fan of the triax Ulti-max. gotta love that forcefeild.

I still don't understand the logic behind naming the Ulti-Max, Terror Trooper and other such vehicles as Power Armor.

The pilot sits in a chair and pilots the machine, he does not wear it. It's a medium battle mecha, not a PA.

At least, thats how I run it.

It's the same type of logic that has SUVs classified as "light trucks" in order to meet emission standards.

:D

~Josh
Aramanthus
Monk

That is an interesting way to view it Josh! :ok:

HH....FIE
teulisch
Explorer

Unread post by teulisch »

with the x-1000 ultimax, the pilots legs are in the actual robots legs, similar in this respect to the glitter boy PA. I beleive part of the PA classification is that part of the pilot be in the limbs as well as the torso.

PA ranges from 'wear it like a second suit of armor' to 'you legs stick out of the torso'. ulti-max and GB are on the heavy end of the scale. Giant robots are all in the 'pilot compartment inside torso (or head)' category.
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

teulisch wrote:with the x-1000 ultimax, the pilots legs are in the actual robots legs, similar in this respect to the glitter boy PA. I beleive part of the PA classification is that part of the pilot be in the limbs as well as the torso.

PA ranges from 'wear it like a second suit of armor' to 'you legs stick out of the torso'. ulti-max and GB are on the heavy end of the scale. Giant robots are all in the 'pilot compartment inside torso (or head)' category.

Actually, in the X1000, the pilot sits at a control console. All of the limbs are fully automated.
Fyrpower
Explorer

Unread post by Fyrpower »

I'd say the Naruni Mecha-Knight from Mercenaries, that's some kick ass kit, stick a super heavy Naruni force-field on it and you have some serious power armour there.
Same goes for the Silverhawk from Phase World, it's main gun does ridiculous damage plus nothing would hit it, with the speed that thing flys at, it could outfly missiles!
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
Aramanthus
Monk

No one specified about TW or magic PA. So why not go ahead and mention it here! :D

HH....FIE
Josh Sinsapaugh

I also think that the power armor I haven't even written yet, in the world book I haven't even written yet either is pretty badass.

But then again I am biased.

:P

-----

Seriously though, I have to also give ups to the Naruni Sun Chariot - possibly based on "style points" alone. I've (well some of my NPCs) have had some fun with that power armor.

Though the Jaeger is still my odds on favorite in the badass department.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

JakeAndyFatman wrote:1) Classic Glitterboy

2) Sidewinder SAMAS so cool

3) Ulti-Max seriously cool

4) Jager for its versatility Which Rifter is the extras in???? I need this

Rifter #31.

~Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

JakeAndyFatman wrote:I'm an idiot, I even have Rifter #31. Thanks Josh

You're welcome.

And you're not an idiot, you're human.

Though I guess that is semantics.

:D

~Josh
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

JakeAndyFatman wrote:I'm an idiot, I even have Rifter #31. Thanks Josh

Don't feel bad. I realized the other day that I haven't even looked through the Rifters that came in my x-mas grab bag back in January.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

I like the Earth Thunder Automaton

or The Atlas Suit of Archimedes in Pantheons

or for non-magical Samurai Samas
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Personal favorite Is the "Defender (J.A.P.E.II) pg. 79 Juicer uprising world book 10
I love this Armor and after the Neural Disrupter rifle got trashed and i replaced it with the NG-IP7 Ion Pulse Rifle It just got better. I had it for years of play and it keep getting new stuff for it. Like i added the gut from a great multi-optic helmet. Little thing like a larger supply of grenades added to the back. It's just so dam versatile.
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

For magical armor, I would say the armor of the sun from SA2. My favorite thing about it is that it is normally just an amulet, so you don't have to worry about where to store it when you are going into town.
Aramanthus
Monk

Wow those are some cool PAs people have mentioned!

HH....FIE
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

Another one that I like a ton is the Sidewinder and Wild Weasel SAMAS. They seem to get overlooked sometimes, but damn they are sweet suits. Of course, your character has to be one tough guy to survive riding one (or a Phaeton Juicer :D ).
For some reason I always think of the Sidewinder as the Gundam of SAMAS suits. While it has good firepower it takes a special type of pilot to wield the suit properly. Most average Pilots would be breaking bones and getting beat up trying to fly it, but for those chosen few it's a dream come true.

One of my two characters I'm playing right now is a PA Pilot who's family excavated a buried transport carrying the two prototype armors along with a wing of Modified SAMAS suits. Most of them got destroyed by the CS that located the excavation site, but fortunately my guy got away with the Sidewinder (which had like 2 years left of power in the fusion plant), and the inactive Wild Weasel. Paid Larsons brigade with the Wild Weasel SAM to take care of the pursuit team.

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

i have always been partial to the tengu suit in japan
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Aramanthus
Monk

Some more cool PAs!

HH....FIE
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

I have my own preferences:

1) The Super SAMAS, because it has very good MDC for a 'flyer' type and has both a good main weapon-system(Dual Laser Cannons) and Mini Missile Launchers as well as Vibro-Blades for anything that does close to HTH Range-which should be rather hard given the excellent Speed and maneuverability! 8)

2) The Classic Glitterboy, the huge MDC, the Boom Gun. 'Nuff said! :bandit:

3) The NG-X9! It's much more available than either the GB or any SAMAS.
The MDC is decent for a Ground-Pounder PA(240 Main Body). The Main Gun is actually rather good(NG-202 Super Rail Gun; 4,000 Ft Range, & 1D6[X 10] MDC per Burst-and holds 100 Bursts of Ammo!) and the 4 Mini-Missiles it can Launch, as well as the Vibro-Knuckle Spikes(+1D6 MDC on any Punch) are all good too! The ability to hold/use Energy Rifles/Heavy Weapons is a good bonus. The Speed and maneuverability on the NG-X9 is really impressive, especially for a Ground-Pounder PA( Top Speed is 150 MPH! The Jump Capacity is almost as good as Flight in many situations(100 feet High X 200 Feet Across)! The whole package(fully loaded) costs a mere 850,000 cr. Compared to a GB this is DIRT CHEAP! It has a great deal more availability in NA than either the GB or SAMAS types!
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Ulti-max.

Jaeger (of course with the new add-ons)

V-sam

and others that I'm not allowed to say because they aren't done yet.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

I've designed so many unofficial palladium power armor suits just to fit tastes and moods I have. They are just so cool to tinker around with, much more fun then giant robots in my opinion.

I pretty much divide my documents by PA type. I haven't come up with what manufacturer would make these armors since I like to stick with canon so most of them have never seen the light of day. I got artillery models, General purpose infantry models, assault models, anti-air models (real anti air and not just mini-missiles), and anti armor models. Then there is the file for models that just don't seem to fit any of the other classifications.

Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

Iron Heart could, but they lack the technology to produce advanced robot vehicles. That is why they are sticking to tanks and conventional military vehicles, which is something I'm glad about because the conventional tank is actually more potent then a robot vehicle when it comes to getting your bang for the buck. If some of these bots are going to be produced, they will be made by Northern Gun or Bandito Arms. Some of the lighter power armors might fit well with FQ, since they could use some of the AA designs. Heck, I even have some fire fighting power armors that would work great against vampires and creatures vulnerable to water (or fire).

Aramanthus
Monk

I've got about 15 various unofficial Glitterboys. I have fun designing them. But I"ve got other I could never post here.

HH....FIE
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

lol. The USA/JPN 69 tentacle pr0n Glitterboy.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

Those would be some pretty shiny tentacles....

Aramanthus
Monk

That has got to be a very nuique GB. :) How many tentacles did it actally have? And were there weapons in each of the tentacles? You know like a low powered welding laser to open things the tentacles caught.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

That makes for an interesting PA. You could always use the USA G-14. It has that heavy Particle Beam weapon with a decent load out.

HH....FIE
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

I like the Silver Hawk is the meanest.

Outside of that...

1. Kittani Serpent Armor
2. Any kind of SAMAS
3. Grenadier
4. That Incan sun amulet armor thingy is pretty cool

Mostly though, I'd want to be either one of those skeleton looking borg things from the Megaversal Legion or an Anti-Monster.

/Sub

[edited to show the right one as the meanest]

P.S. The Mikado is pretty tough, having a big old vibro blade that does 1d6x10 damage with a 4,000' range.
Last edited by Subjugator on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.

Return to “Rifts®”