What would you buy?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sennin
Dungeon Crawler

What would you buy?

Unread post by sennin »

OK, here is the situation:

You are human. You have $400,000. You are in North America. You want to kick ass. What equipment would you buy? You must keep the items to things that wouldn't be too hard to get your hands on while staying in North America.
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Re: What would you buy?

Unread post by sennin »

Alejandro wrote:
sennin wrote:OK, here is the situation:

You are human. You have $400,000. You are in North America. You want to kick ass. What equipment would you buy? You must keep the items to things that wouldn't be too hard to get your hands on while staying in North America.

Buy one MD laser pistol, an e-clip recharger, and give the rest to a mage powerful enough to rift me to 20th century North America.

I don't leave North America and I now possess more asskicking power than tanks.

I would have to vote that 20th century North America is not an MD setting, so your laser pistol really won't be all that powerful. But once you figure that out, you could probably sell it to the highest bidder and live quite comfortably for the rest of your life.
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

Alejandro wrote:
sennin wrote:
Alejandro wrote:

Buy one MD laser pistol, an e-clip recharger, and give the rest to a mage powerful enough to rift me to 20th century North America.

I would have to vote that 20th century North America is not an MD setting, so your laser pistol really won't be all that powerful. But once you figure that out, you could probably sell it to the highest bidder and live quite comfortably for the rest of your life.

Oh that's right....I forgot that moronic retcon. "MD weapons/armor become SDC in SDC worlds"

What can I say, rules put in place for game balance don't please everyone. Besides, even if your laser pistol stayed MD in the 20th century, you will still easily be taken out by a sniper. Or a few guys with assault rifles. Now if you also had some EBA...
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

400,000?

A small farm with a decent MD rifle with 10+ e-clips. Then just live my life in peace...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

Alejandro wrote:
sennin wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
sennin wrote:
Alejandro wrote:

Oh that's right....I forgot that moronic retcon. "MD weapons/armor become SDC in SDC worlds"

What can I say, rules put in place for game balance don't please everyone. Besides, even if your laser pistol stayed MD in the 20th century, you will still easily be taken out by a sniper. Or a few guys with assault rifles. Now if you also had some EBA...

Lots of things can kill you all the time no matter where you are...at least with an MD pistol in an SDC world I can quickly get MORE money to buy lots and lots of armor, vehicles, all that jazz. Vault locked? 2 shots and I'm in. Cops hiding behind cars? 1 shot and the car is a smoldering wreck. Helicopters? Yeah...not for long.

Sure you can be sniped or gunned down, no argument there. You can still make a ton of cash with just the Wilk's Laser Welder in an SDC world cutting through the walls of a bank in just a few seconds, in the fault in a few more, load up a bunch of cash for a few minutes, then scoot.

:D

You will not hear anymore arguments from me (well, for the time being).

:)
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

There's been a lot of discussion about MDC weapons and armor *magically* turning into SDC gear in SDC settings.

So, logically what you ought to do is this: you pay a shifter to open a rift to Heroes Unlimited. Use remaining cash to buy up as many SDC guns & armor you can get. Carry all weapons to Heroes Unlimited Earth. Since weapons are already SDC, they are not affected by the *mystical MDC to SDC transformation barrier*, and thus remain as SDC weapons.

Here's the fun part. Carry all the weapons and armor back through the same rift. The very same *mystical MDC to SDC transformation barrier* should now work in reverse, and turn all of those SDC weapons into MDC weapons.
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Kelorin wrote:There's been a lot of discussion about MDC weapons and armor *magically* turning into SDC gear in SDC settings.

So, logically what you ought to do is this: you pay a shifter to open a rift to Heroes Unlimited. Use remaining cash to buy up as many SDC guns & armor you can get. Carry all weapons to Heroes Unlimited Earth. Since weapons are already SDC, they are not affected by the *mystical MDC to SDC transformation barrier*, and thus remain as SDC weapons.

Here's the fun part. Carry all the weapons and armor back through the same rift. The very same *mystical MDC to SDC transformation barrier* should now work in reverse, and turn all of those SDC weapons into MDC weapons.

Nope. They stay SDC. In the conversion book, things like HU2 borgs will remain SDC and have to find MDC components and weapons.

And dollars dont mean crap in Rifts Earth. Unless it was cold cash, it might warrent a few thousand credits to a collector or pre-rifts artificts.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

drop 400,000 in the CS Savings and Loan and go join the Coalition States Military

Free toys to play with, part of an elite force and still have money to spend on anything else
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
AllMightyRCB
Wanderer

Unread post by AllMightyRCB »

Here's my choices:

NE-75H Shoulder Cannon -80,000
100 rounds of heavy cartridges -5,000

N-50 Super Heavy Force Field -170,000

NE-C20 Camoflage Variable Armor -75,000

(2) Ne-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol with laser targeting -54,000
100 rounds each -8,000

10 Smoke Grenades -500
5 Flash Grenades -500
10 Tear Gas Grenades -2,000

NG-S2 Basic Survival Pack -3,000

And 2,000 for food and a place to rest.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Hi.

I'd first spend about 40,000-45,000 cr on Bionics/Cybernetics(Like a Headhunter).

Next, I'd buy 1 Bushman Trooper(90 MDC) and 1 Urban Warrior(50 MDC) for a sub-total of 81,000 + 45,000 = 126,000 cr.

For weapons, I choose:
1) Wilk's 457 (Pulse Laser Rifle) = 40,000 cr
2) NG-45LP (Particle Beam Pistol) = 15,000 cr
3) Stun Blaster(Rifts GM Guide, page # 129) = 4,000 cr
4) .45 Caliber Submachine Gun = 700 cr
5) WI-23 Mini-Missile Launcher = 30,000 cr
6) Vibro-Bayonet (for the end of Rifle) = 7,500 cr
7) Survival Knife w/ Silver Blade = 350 cr
8 ) Survival Knife = 250 cr
------Subtotal = 97,800 cr + 126,000 = 223,800 cr-----------
For Ammo, I pick:
1) Long E-Clips [X 12] = 96,000 cr
2) Short E-Clips [X 6] = 33,000 cr
3) Extended Mags for .45 SMG (40-45 Round Capacity) [X 18] = 1,800 cr
4) .45 SMG Normal Rounds [X 240] = 250 cr
5) .45 SMG Silver Rounds [X 240] = 750 cr
6) .45 SMG WI-2E Rounds [X 240] = 960 cr
7) WI-23 Extra Missile Magazine [X 2] = 8,000 cr
8 ) Mini Missiles; Armor Piercing [X 6] = 13,200 cr
9) Mini Missiles; Fragmentary [X 6] = 6,000 cr
10) Mini Missiles; Plasma [X 6] = 13,200 cr
------Subtotal = 173,160 cr + 223,800 = 396,960 cr
Misc. NG-S2 Survival Pack = 3,000 cr + 396,960 cr = 399,960 (40 cr left)
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.

Return to “Rifts®”