Nightbane And music

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Nightbane And music

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

What musical stile do you think best represents Nightbane

For me Nightbane is like Jazz its a smooth subtile kind of game one
that requires a level of class.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

I think this is the perfect nightbane song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=008M2sJYeYE& ... ed&search=
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

The game itself or individual nightbane? If the game, a cross between Summer Blockbuster orchestral and creepy horror/slasher flick music. If the individual nightbane, it varies.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

I have to agree with marrowlight. Nothing jazzy about the setting as a whole but I can definately see a few bane with some jazz in there step.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

You know I always imagined, expecially in a movie, the song down with the sickness by disturbed would be almost a requirement. "I look in the mirror and suddenly it changes, violently it changes"
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

mix cd of old school techno and classical I don't know why but it works
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

A Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky.

~Josh
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Disturbed is definitely on the short list along with some Nightwish, Soil, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Fear Factory, Stone Sour, and others... maybe I'll have to copy my playlist and post it here.

Oh, and I was patently disappointed when I checked out Type O Negative. :-?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Warwolf wrote:Disturbed is definitely on the short list along with some Nightwish, Soil, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Fear Factory, Stone Sour, and others... maybe I'll have to copy my playlist and post it here.

Which Type O did you listen to?

Don't remember off the top of my head. All I know is that there was no vocal range to it at all. :-?

Aluman wrote:A funeral dirge for a dying sun as a whole cd works pretty good from Goatwhore, but then its all about what your gaming group likes, I find disturbed too...soft for Nightbane.

I can't stand 90% of Death Metal... I like to hear what the vocalists are singing about. Although, I'm down with some Hatebreed and a bit of Cradle of Filth when the mood is right (good "kill stuff" music for games).

Oh, I forgot DevilDriver. Specifically their song "Hold Back the Day." :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:
Warwolf wrote:Disturbed is definitely on the short list along with some Nightwish, Soil, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Fear Factory, Stone Sour, and others... maybe I'll have to copy my playlist and post it here.

Which Type O did you listen to?

Don't remember off the top of my head. All I know is that there was no vocal range to it at all. :-?

Vocal range was never their thing. I agree with FF, Nightwish, and Evanescense and will raise you Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Lacuna Coil, and KMFDM.

I need to quit forgetting about this thread and just post my d*** playlist. :lol:

Return to “Nightbane®”