squishy in not so hard shell?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

squishy in not so hard shell?

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Talavar wrote:Well, the penalty rules are a relatively new addition; I believe they were added in RUE. They apply to metal and environmental armours, so if that's what you've got a mystic knight wearing, they're going to be effected by the penalties.

However, I ignore the penalty rules, as non-environmental MD armour is stupid. Get hit with anything with an area of effect, like a mini-missile, or dragon's breath, and you should be dead without totally containing MD armour.

I read this and some memorys came back. I new GM attacked me with 10 mystic knight. I killed 6 of them with one missile(He said the other 4 where M.D.C).

Question 1. Though what I was wonder what do you all think of it. Do you think area effect Should go though and kill. I do but their is no proof no examples has far has I know for it.

Only information we have is that area effect don't damage other areas other then the area hit. As far as I know?

So if you believe Question1 do you believe this too?
Question 2. So since only one magic spell provides enviromental protection. So missiles effect others inside.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

I'm a little hazy on what exactly you're asking, so I'm just going to take a stab at it:

As the books seem to take it, it doesn't matter that MDC armour isn't environmental (like original juicer armour, dog boy armour, various hide armours and the new mage armours), they aren't treated as having an AR, and protect characters from area effect damage.

My personal opinion is that they should not. Non-enviromental MDC armour should have an AR, like cyber-armour, and anything with a blast radius, like a lot of magic, missiles, etc., should instantly kill SDC characters in that type of armour.

Magic spells are different. All of the magic armour spells (energy field, Rifts Armour of Ithan and Invincible Armour) create a completely encompassing protective field around the caster. The first two aren't considered environmental because they don't have a separate air supply, not because they have gaps in them like the aforementioned juicer armour. Area effect damage does not penetrate to hit the character inside.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:If I can see skin, then my hit can get in... nuff said...

Well, excepting transparent force fields. :)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Explosives hit the main body only.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Unless the area effect is that of a fluid, such as plasma, even non-enviromental can withstand non-fluid area effects, such as fragmentation.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Explosives hit the main body only.

Listen here you rules lawyer, as long as I have enough MDC on my trash can lid then a nuclear bomb won't kill my character?

Under the rules has long has you have 1 M.D.C. you will survive the blast.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Mouser13 wrote:
U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Explosives hit the main body only.

Listen here you rules lawyer, as long as I have enough MDC on my trash can lid then a nuclear bomb won't kill my character?

Under the rules has long has you have 1 M.D.C. you will survive the blast.

Of course, the nuclear firestorm which happens immediately afterward is another story...
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

The rules don't go in to that much detail they only say their is a the initial blast.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Mouser13 wrote:The rules don't go in to that much detail they only say their is a the initial blast.

In Sourcebook 4, the CS Navy one, there are rules for what happens after the initial blast & to what radius. Basically they give stats for damage from the heat, shockwave, radiation & emp of a large scale nuclear blast.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Talavar wrote:
Mouser13 wrote:The rules don't go in to that much detail they only say their is a the initial blast.

In Sourcebook 4, the CS Navy one, there are rules for what happens after the initial blast & to what radius. Basically they give stats for damage from the heat, shockwave, radiation & emp of a large scale nuclear blast.

Can you give pg number. I have the book don't remember seeing that.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Mouser13 wrote:
Talavar wrote:

That's page 47; Optional Damage Effects under 'A Few Notes Regarding Nuclear Weapons.'
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Talavar wrote:
Mouser13 wrote:
Talavar wrote:

That's page 47; Optional Damage Effects under 'A Few Notes Regarding Nuclear Weapons.'

Well, so it is Optional Though I think I would play that one still.

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:So my atlantian with a flaming shield hides behind his shield and a nuclear bomb hits his shield hes ok? wow.

Well his M.D.C body armor, yes shield I don't know never seen good rules or what you can do with shields and what you can't.

THough talavar did find the optional rule. Though if you are getting hit with M.D.C. large scale nukes something is wrong. Though I did have once the CS drop a nuke on one of their base in a scorched earth type of thing. If they can't have the base no one could he he he he.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”