Cosmo Knight question...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Cosmo Knight question...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

...at least a question about their weapons.

If the cosmo knight goes with the "blaster" type weapon and gets the "+10" to damage.

Does that +10 happen prior to or after the multiplier for the super shots?

Example.

(1d6x10+10)x2 - for the extra 50 ppe

or

((1d6x10)x2)+10.

Apply same idea to the (x5) multiplier...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

whatever does the most damage in this case the piror is the
anser
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The former
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Agreed (1d6x10+10)x5
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

off the top of my head, going by what little i remember as well as arithmetic rules, kevin's general aversion to mega-muchkin damage, and some small measure of common sense....

....i'd say that you do all your little multiplier math FIRST, then add that +10 to whatever the number is that comes out of the wash.

therefore, not (1D6 X 10 + 10) times 5/10 [which =maximum 350 to 700], but rather (1D6 X 10) times 5/10 +10. [which =maximum of 310 to 610].

see how thor's bonus adds up when he puts on his belt of strength in rifts: pantheons of the megaverse for an example of how kevin most probably wants bonus damage to be done.

addendum: the wording of the book (rifts: phase world, page 102) seems to clearly indicate that the +10 bonus is a raw addendum to be added to whatever damage the character rolls, not something to be added to the die roll multipliers.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Shadyslug
Hero

Ninjabunny wrote:you add the + 10 after all damage is rolled. I.E 1D6 x 10 +10 you roll a 3 then add the ten to it.

So...by this you mean...

roll a 3.

Add 10.

Multiply by 10?

So 130?
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Shadyslug wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:you add the + 10 after all damage is rolled. I.E 1D6 x 10 +10 you roll a 3 then add the ten to it.

So...by this you mean...

roll a 3.

Add 10.

Multiply by 10?

So 130?

no he mean roll 3 x10=30+10=40
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Shadyslug
Hero

cornholioprime wrote:off the top of my head, going by what little i remember as well as arithmetic rules, kevin's general aversion to mega-muchkin damage, and some small measure of common sense....

....i'd say that you do all your little multiplier math FIRST, then add that +10 to whatever the number is that comes out of the wash.

therefore, not (1D6 X 10 + 10) times 5/10 [which =maximum 350 to 700], but rather (1D6 X 10) times 5/10 +10. [which =maximum of 310 to 610].

see how thor's bonus adds up when he puts on his belt of strength in rifts: pantheons of the megaverse for an example of how kevin most probably wants bonus damage to be done.

addendum: the wording of the book (rifts: phase world, page 102) seems to clearly indicate that the +10 bonus is a raw addendum to be added to whatever damage the character rolls, not something to be added to the die roll multipliers.

I really hope that's not what it is because it would completely make the "blaster" option for the cosmic weapon about as lame as can be...
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

its not that bad
you take a C-20 at 2D6 make it times 10 and add 10
range 30-130 damage and a boom guns range is 30-180 that really close but the C-20 makes no noise and the boom gun is not,
up grade the gun to a NG-P7 at (1d4x10)X10+ 10 and a range of 110-410 and you just cut throw most power armors
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Shadyslug
Hero

See...that's one of the problems I have with much of the damage in Rifts...

Parity...it's killing the NFL and it's killing Rifts...
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Shadyslug wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:off the top of my head, going by what little i remember as well as arithmetic rules, kevin's general aversion to mega-muchkin damage, and some small measure of common sense....

I really hope that's not what it is because it would completely make the "blaster" option for the cosmic weapon about as lame as can be...

The Blaster option isn't about increased damage, it is about increased range which to a CK is much much more important.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Giant2005 wrote:
Shadyslug wrote:

The Blaster option isn't about increased damage, it is about increased range which to a CK is much much more important.
:ok:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Shadyslug
Hero

I still like the idea of (1d6+10)x10...
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Shadyslug wrote:See...that's one of the problems I have with much of the damage in Rifts...

Uhhh.....how do you figure it's killing the NFL out of curiosity?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Shadyslug
Hero

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Shadyslug wrote:See...that's one of the problems I have with much of the damage in Rifts...

Uhhh.....how do you figure it's killing the NFL out of curiosity?

Most of the parity in the league is a result of the salary cap. This creates a situation where teams can be literally destroyed when they pay a player an extreme amount of money only to have that player either hurt, or underperform.

It also creates a situation that means that very few teams actually have players begin and end their careers with a single team, but hurts unity and also marketability.

You will never see another dynasty like the Niners of the 80's and 90's. You will never see teams dominate like they used to...

Sure...many people will say that it's brought back a competitive equality to the league, and that this equality is what is making the league exciting again...and there's some truth to it...

But in the end...every fan wants to see their team succeed and succeed often...but the truth is, we're going to see more and more 8-8 teams making it to the Superbowl because of a few trick plays, or a few lucky breaks...

Return to “Rifts®”